Heh... Whoops! Front-Panel --> Motherboard connections

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ok, so I just got my new ASUS A8N-VM Motherboard and dropped it into my (cough, cough) Compaq case (SR1150NX if you're wondering). Cruising along just fine, until I notice the front panel wire connector (Power button, System Power LED, HD Activity LED, etc) is a 10 pin plastic connector. My motherboard, on the other hand, has a 20 pin panel and regardless of how I configure wires in the chassis connector, it's not going to work.

Rather than just leaving the pin connectors open and probably inducing a spark/short, what can I use until I can get some 2 and 3 pin connectors? And no, I don't have any electrical tape.

-Wolf asks

Edit: Hopefully, this clears things up a bit...

A8N-VM.jpg

elpresidente2075

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
you could place them and then put electrical tape in between each of the connectors. Like one down the middle, then one down each column. I did a similar thing with my parent's computer. That sort of thing won't take much movement, so try to find some proper connectors as soon as possible. Good luck!

Edit:
D'oh! I just saw you didn't have any electrical tape. WALMART HAS PLENTY. I know they are the devil, but for a dollar and some change you can make a working computer. Do it.