Desktop Icon won't open IE window

After sp2 installation my shortcut icon on the desktop, to the family
website, won't work. I get a box that tells me to choose the program I want
to open this program with. In the selection window "IE Explorer" is not
there. I click on the browse button and select IE Explore.exe located on the
C drive. I click on open...the IE Explore does not appear in the selection
window...or clicking on "ok" does nothing either. Can you advice?

Bob
2 answers Last reply
More about desktop icon open window

    Delete the shortcut and create a new one.

    "Bob" wrote:

    > After sp2 installation my shortcut icon on the desktop, to the family
    > website, won't work. I get a box that tells me to choose the program I want
    > to open this program with. In the selection window "IE Explorer" is not
    > there. I click on the browse button and select IE Explore.exe located on the
    > C drive. I click on open...the IE Explore does not appear in the selection
    > window...or clicking on "ok" does nothing either. Can you advice?
    >
    > Bob

    Chuck,

    Your solution doesn't solve the problem. I deleted the old icon, created a
    new one and I still get the "Open With" popup window asking me to choose
    which program I want to open the program with. IE is not on the list. If I
    browse and then select IE Explore.exe and click ok, It selects one of the
    other programs in the preset list to try to open the site. It would appear I
    need to find a way to get IE on the "Open With" list.

    Bob

    "Chuck Davis" <ChuckDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Delete the shortcut and create a new one.
    >
    > "Bob" wrote:
    >
    >> After sp2 installation my shortcut icon on the desktop, to the family
    >> website, won't work. I get a box that tells me to choose the program I
    >> want
    >> to open this program with. In the selection window "IE Explorer" is not
    >> there. I click on the browse button and select IE Explore.exe located on
    >> the
    >> C drive. I click on open...the IE Explore does not appear in the
    >> selection
    >> window...or clicking on "ok" does nothing either. Can you advice?
    >>
    >> Bob

Internet Explorer Desktops Microsoft Windows XP