Desktop Icon won't open IE window

October 13, 2004 7:50:36 PM

After sp2 installation my shortcut icon on the desktop, to the family
website, won't work. I get a box that tells me to choose the program I want
to open this program with. In the selection window "IE Explorer" is not
there. I click on the browse button and select IE Explore.exe located on the
C drive. I click on open...the IE Explore does not appear in the selection
window...or clicking on "ok" does nothing either. Can you advice?

Bob
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 11:53:10 PM

Delete the shortcut and create a new one.

"Bob" wrote:

> After sp2 installation my shortcut icon on the desktop, to the family
> website, won't work. I get a box that tells me to choose the program I want
> to open this program with. In the selection window "IE Explorer" is not
> there. I click on the browse button and select IE Explore.exe located on the
> C drive. I click on open...the IE Explore does not appear in the selection
> window...or clicking on "ok" does nothing either. Can you advice?
>
> Bob

October 15, 2004 12:47:43 PM

Chuck,

Your solution doesn't solve the problem. I deleted the old icon, created a
new one and I still get the "Open With" popup window asking me to choose
which program I want to open the program with. IE is not on the list. If I
browse and then select IE Explore.exe and click ok, It selects one of the
other programs in the preset list to try to open the site. It would appear I
need to find a way to get IE on the "Open With" list.

Bob

!