During my quest to find the temple to restore my attributes, I had to
leave some items lying about on the ground. A grandmaster's alchemy
set being some of the items. Now, either I misplaced where I put the
item, or it has vanished from the game.

Do NPCs go around and pick up items they find...or does it get marked
as 'lost'? How about pickpocketing. I've been walking by people
sometimes and I hear the sound of something being equiped. WAs I just
pickpocketed? Man, this is confusing me.

Sorry for asking such questions all the time.

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.

Mydnight wrote:

> During my quest to find the temple to restore my attributes, I had to
> leave some items lying about on the ground. A grandmaster's alchemy
> set being some of the items. Now, either I misplaced where I put the
> item, or it has vanished from the game.
>
> Do NPCs go around and pick up items they find...or does it get marked
> as 'lost'? How about pickpocketing. I've been walking by people
> sometimes and I hear the sound of something being equiped. WAs I just
> pickpocketed? Man, this is confusing me.
>
> Sorry for asking such questions all the time.

Unless you've got a mod installed that adds thieves, or it took you
months of game-time to get to the Temple and back (I think some things
expire eventually, mostly corpses), then you've just forgot where you
put them - in the base game no one steals things except the player. Some
items can be virtually impossible to see against some of the ground
textures so go have a really _close_ look round the area you think you
left them. Also theres sometimes a bug where things sink through the
floor and disapear - you can use "tcl" in the console to turn clipping
off and look at the cell from underneath which sometimes turns them up.

BTW the sound of something being equipped denotes an enchanted item has
recharged itself.

then i must have happened upon a bug or something because i cannot
find the stuff i put down. actually, i sorta remember picking the
stuff back up anyway. the other things that i put with it are in my
inventory, while the master (or grandmaster, i can't remember now)
alchemy set is gone.

it's just too weird. i've been getting alot of strange bugs since i
started playing the game again....like once, there was a character
that flew...like the mage guild leader.

?

Mydnight

--------------------

Mydnight wrote:

> then i must have happened upon a bug or something because i cannot
> find the stuff i put down. actually, i sorta remember picking the
> stuff back up anyway. the other things that i put with it are in my
> inventory, while the master (or grandmaster, i can't remember now)
> alchemy set is gone.

Ummm, did you steal it by any chance? It's starting to sound like maybe
a Guard confiscated it from you as stolen goods.

> it's just too weird. i've been getting alot of strange bugs since i
> started playing the game again....like once, there was a character
> that flew...like the mage guild leader.

I had a char fall through the floor of one of the Vivec cantons once -
they look _weird_ from the inside!

sometimes items disappear (or at least disappear out of sight) when you
drop them e.g. on dwemer bridges. same goes for some corpses - they seem
to slip through the bridge