When will we see E6600 retail price is $316?

shinji3c

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Well I guess the sooner you want it, the more you pay. There're thousands of people who want to have it just as much as you do. For me, I wanted/needed the CPU ASAP so I paid 400 for it. No remorse at all.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Now it's a little too high....

Not for a long time. At least until cor 4 is released. $316 is the bin price, i.e. the wholesale price per unit in purchase lots of 1000.

I have yet to see an actual Intel MSRP -Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price. But $350-ish has been the typical internet info-rag guess

So, if your going to wait for $316, plan on waiting until 2007.

Peace

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
$350 sounds reasonable. where can I get it?

They are in high demand, and short supply right now. If you really want one, say within the next 2 weeks, your going to have to watch the forums very closely. A lot of people are posting when the e-tailers list them in stock, but they seem to be sold out in under an hour.

Additionally, the e-tailers are taking advantage of the demand for the limited supply, and raising prices significatly, in some cases over $500.

If you can wait, the supply should be built up in a 2-4 weeks, and prices should stabilize around $350

Peace

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
I'd say in October/November, the prices might be lower. December might be the best time, especially if Kentsfield is publicly shown, and a release date is announced.

Daimajin

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2005
The order is being shipped tommorow. I did have to wait a few days, but I payed $359 CAD which is ~$310 USD. Just look on my bill if you still don't believe good deals do exist opn the e6600.

My Bill

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
The order is being shipped tommorow. I did have to wait a few days, but I payed $359 CAD which is ~$310 USD. Just look on my bill if you still don't believe good deals do exist opn the e6600.

My Bill

Dude, I think you may have to reverse your figures. I'm guessing you paid $359 USD, i.e about $390 CAD. Better check your Visa bill.

Peace

Daimajin

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2005
Haahaha a lot of people have been telling me that, but there was some deal where you get $20 off your order (free shipping pretty much) at Tigerdirect and I've heard it was a mistake on their site but they accidentally offered Canadians the same figures as the Americans. So while the e6600 is listed at $359 USD on the US website, it was listed as $359 CAD on the Canadian website.

I took advantage of this deal, have already received the majority of my items and my invoice that I showed a piece of above (which explicitly states that the prices are in CAD). I'm pretty happy with this because I already saved a whole lot on the chip and I saved another $100 between my Icemat headphones and the graphics card. People who ordered their stuff late seem to be having problems with TD trying to change the prices on them but I seem to have gotten away with it.

I found all this out less than an hour ago that it might have been a problem with their website so I imagine this isn't a deal that's easy to come by again. I should have ordered more of them :(

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Haahaha a lot of people have been telling me that, but there was some deal where you get $20 off your order (free shipping pretty much) at Tigerdirect and I've heard it was a mistake on their site but they accidentally offered Canadians the same figures as the Americans. So while the e6600 is listed at $359 USD on the US website, it was listed as $359 CAD on the Canadian website.

I took advantage of this deal, have already received the majority of my items and my invoice that I showed a piece of above (which explicitly states that the prices are in CAD). I'm pretty happy with this because I already saved a whole lot on the chip and I saved another $100 between my Icemat headphones and the graphics card. People who ordered their stuff late seem to be having problems with TD trying to change the prices on them but I seem to have gotten away with it.

I found all this out less than an hour ago that it might have been a problem with their website so I imagine this isn't a deal that's easy to come by again. I should have ordered more of them :(

Well, that was a stroke of good luck. Enjoy the deal :wink:

Daimajin

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2005
Maybe I'll put mine on a DS3 with some PC5400 value ram I get at staples. Hahah only kidding :p

But if you really needed a chip though, I can check with a friend of mine, he got three e6600s and one x6800. He likes to do the eBay thing and he's going to see how much he can sell the chips alone and how much he can do it in a bundle. I think he said he got his e6600s (not usre if he got all three) but not the x6800 yet.

DeMonOfElRu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Now that is truly amazing --- congrats that is one small bill for man one giant leap for your Oblivion frame rate.

LOL ... nicely put.

Now ... time to check my own wallet, though its in bad shape at the moment.

incinerator

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004
I spent 350 ish on mine and it will be arriving today hopefully(From tiger direct). Im going to submit my Newegg order for the rest of my system as well. I was waiting for the E6600 to be shipped and it went out yesterday.
Prices have been creeping up becuase of the high demand, just pay attention for the good deals. Buy.com should still be cheap, though it may take a little while to get it shipped.
-][nCiNeRaToR-

WacoTaco

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2006
if you read carefully yesterday then you would of got one even today.Guy posted in this forum that clubit has it and i took a peak and yes they had and he said that if you place your order before 1pm then you might get it shiped the next day.

Finally got one but not in my hands yet.Paid 359 and dont even thing that your going to get it cheaper soon from zipzoomfly they dont have even an estimate time when will they have the e6600.359 is perfect for me and trust me you will not get it CHEAPER i called everystore out there.They have is more expensive and not in stock.Should of watched the topic yestedday but in like 40 min they were all sold out.

Good luck next time

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
God damn n00bz stealing all my E6600s when they don't even know why they're getting them over E6300/E6400s! :x
They should all be using E6400 to overclock. E6600 are for experinced overclockers that knows how to extract their performance properly.

Serves you right to suffer!

WacoTaco

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2006
not lucky i got my p5w deluxe packed and its being deliver too.You just gotta find a good store call and call and ask about the product.

I would be lucky if i got my conroe like 8/5/06 or some closer date.Those people are lucky but not me you could see allready zipzoomfly has the 6400 in stock soon e6600 is going to be there.BUT SOOn.Sorry keep on looking around and call some stores mabye you will find something.

TRENDING THREADS