Anyway of counter-acting the blind spell on the blinding b..

Would be nice to use the boots and see, any way of doing this?

wj

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

"Henchman:crg" <colin@colingirling.my-bulldog.com> wrote in message
> Would be nice to use the boots and see, any way of doing this?

Resist magica spells/potions/items. You need to have the resist magica
effect active when you put the boots on. The effect will resist the
blindness (but not the speed) to whatever extent it's working, and it will
remain at that level when the resist effect wears off. That way you keep
the speed effect with reduced or eliminated blindness for as long as you're
wearing the boots. If you take them off (or they get totally beat up in a
fight) you have to do it all over again.

You can 'stack' resist magica effects from potions, items and spells.
Although you can't double the effect of a single spell by casting it twice,
you can learn two different resist magica spells and cast them both for a
cumulative effect.

All this makes me sound like I know what I'm doing. The truth is, I read a
bunch of FAQs, walkthroughs and tip sites. Thanks to everyone who took the
time to help us new guys out.

Cheers,
Walt

When I use boots of blinding speed, I make a ring that gives 100%
resist magic for 1 or 2 seconds--enough time to put on the boots.
Note that 1 second is not enough in some games, but is in
others. No idea why.

The boots get damaged rapidly, though. So I usually just travel
very light instead of using the boots.

sarah

"Henchman:crg" <colin@colingirling.my-bulldog.com> wrote in message

> Would be nice to use the boots and see, any way of doing this?

Won't help you with your current character but for future consideration, if
you play a Breton, you can wear the boots and still see well enough to get
around.

WJ wrote:

> "Henchman:crg" <colin@colingirling.my-bulldog.com> wrote in message
>
>>Would be nice to use the boots and see, any way of doing this?
>>

> Resist magica spells/potions/items. You need to have the resist magica
> effect active when you put the boots on. The effect will resist the
> blindness (but not the speed) to whatever extent it's working, and it will
> remain at that level when the resist effect wears off. That way you keep
> the speed effect with reduced or eliminated blindness for as long as you're
> wearing the boots. If you take them off (or they get totally beat up in a
> fight) you have to do it all over again.

You can also use Night Eye to counter some of the affects of the
blindness. Especially if you can only negate part of the blindness.

> You can 'stack' resist magica effects from potions, items and spells.
> Although you can't double the effect of a single spell by casting it twice,
> you can learn two different resist magica spells and cast them both for a
> cumulative effect.
>
> All this makes me sound like I know what I'm doing. The truth is, I read a
> bunch of FAQs, walkthroughs and tip sites. Thanks to everyone who took the
> time to help us new guys out.
>
> Cheers,
> Walt

The Cuirass of the Savior's Hide, located in Tel Fyr, offers 60% resist
magicka. This is quite helpful in combating the negative effects of
the Boots.

thanks.

"Michael W. Ryder" <mwryder@_worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> WJ wrote:
>
>> "Henchman:crg" <colin@colingirling.my-bulldog.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Would be nice to use the boots and see, any way of doing this?
>>>

>> Resist magica spells/potions/items. You need to have the resist magica
>> effect active when you put the boots on. The effect will resist the
>> blindness (but not the speed) to whatever extent it's working, and it
>> will remain at that level when the resist effect wears off. That way you
>> keep the speed effect with reduced or eliminated blindness for as long as
>> you're wearing the boots. If you take them off (or they get totally beat
>> up in a fight) you have to do it all over again.
>>

> You can also use Night Eye to counter some of the affects of the
> blindness. Especially if you can only negate part of the blindness.
>

>> You can 'stack' resist magica effects from potions, items and spells.
>> Although you can't double the effect of a single spell by casting it
>> twice, you can learn two different resist magica spells and cast them
>> both for a cumulative effect.
>>
>> All this makes me sound like I know what I'm doing. The truth is, I read
>> a bunch of FAQs, walkthroughs and tip sites. Thanks to everyone who took
>> the time to help us new guys out.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Walt

starwolf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2004

"Henchman:crg" <colin@colingirling.my-bulldog.com> wrote in message
> Would be nice to use the boots and see, any way of doing this?

An alternative approach is to use the skywalker boots from John Henry's
LowGenius site. These let you walk fast (yaaay) and have featherweight (you
can carry more loot).

http://www.lowgenius.com/games/mwind/mod.asp

Coyote

Thanks, but luke skywalker boots, wheres the light saber?

"Starwolf" <coyote2cats@wowway.com> wrote in message

> "Henchman:crg" <colin@colingirling.my-bulldog.com> wrote in message
>> Would be nice to use the boots and see, any way of doing this?
>>

> An alternative approach is to use the skywalker boots from John Henry's
> LowGenius site. These let you walk fast (yaaay) and have featherweight
> (you can carry more loot).
>
> http://www.lowgenius.com/games/mwind/mod.asp
>
> Coyote

starwolf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2004

> Thanks, but luke skywalker boots, wheres the light saber?
>
> "Starwolf" <coyote2cats@wowway.com> wrote in message
>> An alternative approach is to use the skywalker boots from John Henry's
>> LowGenius site. These let you walk fast (yaaay) and have featherweight
>> (you can carry more loot).
>> http://www.lowgenius.com/games/mwind/mod.asp
>>
>> Coyote

You know, I do recall somewhere seeing a mod for StarWars type armor... if
that's out there, there's just got to be some mod for lightsabers, in all
your favorite colors. :)

Coyote