Microtrack 24/96 partial (fatal?) firmware updating. SOS!!!

papierp

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Hi, I really hope someone can help me.
I downloaded the firmware updates from m-audio site and I started to install one by one on my new microtrack. Passing from 1.2.3. to 1.3.3. version I copied ONLY the file BL_MPR.rom on the microtrack root, leaving the Resources.arl and the PP5020.mi4 aside. While my wonderful microtrack was loading this update it suddenly shut down and now it doesn't give any vital sign any more. I tried connection/disconnection to many devices and nothing happened. I'm afraid I have to throw it away...

Tead

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
Just wondering if you had solved this issue?! I recently had the same problem. I've had my Microtrack for 2 months now. I done a firmware update once before with no issues, but the last firmware update (v1.4.5) killed my unit! The MicroTrack showed several status messages, LEDs flashed sequentially as always and then the Microtrack shut itself down and never rebooted.

The Microtrack never started back up manually. It appears the unit is dead. The screen no longer lights up. When I plug the charger in, the indicator no longer shows. In fact it appears to have a completely dead battery. However, the battery was fully charged prior to the firmware update.

I'm not sure what to do? My Microtrack is completely dead as a result of the firmware upgrade. Does anyone know if there is the equivalent of a hard boot for the Microtrack? How do I revive it?

papierp

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
well, i didn't solve it at all! it was just dead! but later i phoned the shop and then the very kind company officers here in italy and they sent me a new one. they said it has happened quite often. so, good luck!

Tead

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
The reseller I purchased it from wouldn't take it back considering I had it for 60 days. They had a 30-day return policy. However, they told me this was not a unique problem.

I called M-Audio and asked them about it. They had me mail it in for inspection. They stated they would fix it (free of charge) if it were a manufacturer defect, which of course it is. Otherwise they will charge me to fix it.

All of this pain because I used M-Audio's install to upgrade the firmware on their own product. I think they need to beef up their quality control before posting firmware updates that will deem your Microtrack permanently useless!

We'll see what happens? Thanks for the response. ~C