recent documents folder

I can guess that that folder is there for quick veiwing later or whatever.
But if I delete everything from the recent docs folder, will it also delete
the same stuff thats on there from 'my documents'??? Safe to delete because
its pretty large size-thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about recent documents folder

    Hi

    They are shortcuts to the files. If you clear the Recent Documents
    list/folder, the files still stay where they are on your hard
    disk/partition. Leave the 'desktop.ini' file in the folder.

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    >I can guess that that folder is there for quick veiwing later or whatever.
    > But if I delete everything from the recent docs folder, will it also
    > delete
    > the same stuff thats on there from 'my documents'??? Safe to delete
    > because
    > its pretty large size-thanks

My Documents Microsoft Windows XP