Asrock ConroeXFire-eSATA2 for d805 and conroe

part2005

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
hi i am looking at buying this motherboard (Asrock ConroeXFire-eSATA2 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard (MB-003-AK) so that i can fit the d805 which i already have and the new conroe that i will buy in december this year.
can anyone tell me if this has abilty to increase voltage on the cpu i want to overclock my d805 for starters maybe around 3.6-3.8,i know it says you dont have to increase voltage for 3.6 but may need to in future with the conroe, or if i should look for something else that will be compatible with both thanks in advance !

NaDa

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2004
In my experience Asrock is cheap and crappy. I have seen a few good reviews of them (just a few) but they are not a company that makes oc boards.

For voltage and other settings visit their web site and download the mobo manual. Look at bios settings.

msmalls74

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Im running that asrock board at the mo with my 6600 all seems ok, wont overclock at ALL!! When trying to it makes my sound card beep every time a sound is being played (bit strange that). Apart from it not overclocking its not bad. Not the fastest board about but its cheap and it works out of the box with conroes.

LPS

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
The others are correct. The asrock boards do not have voltage change for OCing. However, I have just put together a D805 with an Asrock 775Dual-vsta and was able to OC it to 3.4GHz.

I can get no more for some reason, I think it is to do with the quality of the components they use. But it is stable at this level and temps are good.

I would these days be more inclined to go with the D915. Great OCing potential with stock HSF. Read a post that got it to 3.7GHz on stock air. Much cooler and uses less power.

If you are looking for big OC, Asrock is not the right board.

LPS

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
The others are correct. The asrock boards do not have voltage change for OCing. However, I have just put together a D805 with an Asrock 775Dual-vsta and was able to OC it to 3.4GHz.

I can get no more for some reason, I think it is to do with the quality of the components they use. But it is stable at this level and temps are good.

I would these days be more inclined to go with the D915. Great OCing potential with stock HSF. Read a post that got it to 3.7GHz on stock air. Much cooler and uses less power.

If you are looking for big OC, Asrock is not the right board.