Epson R300 - "this is not a genuine cartridge" warning

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes up
EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)

To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed it. I
am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I bought it
because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged. Telling me and
forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is only making me
less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever again....

Cheers
Ant
31 answers Last reply
More about epson r300 this genuine cartridge warning
  1. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    <I>Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that
    comes up
    EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING??</I>

    (pardon my lack of a shift, my right shift key gave out today)

    are these refills or prefills?

    I never got that warning on my epson, except for some OEM carts bought
    at office depot. I also saw someone reposting news about epson going
    after the great old hong kong and taiwan chip makers. the only way
    around this that I'm presently aware of is to

    1. buy chips, attach and remove them for each replacement
    2. use epson chips, use a resetter, apply and use
    3. third party drivers? (never had cause to try them).

    what is probally most annoying is the whole technique of drop counting,
    and that 10% margin of error, leaving always at least 3ml of ink in the
    cart. I've found that 5 to 7 empties = one full one.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    >Until the printhead burns out.

    This is somehwhat a fair comment. Keep in mind in contrast to Epson
    which again works just fine 'till the printhead burns out or clogs. I
    don't know if the Canon warranty covers the printhead, others here
    would sugest it doesn't. But Epson does for a year as it's not a
    consumable or end user replaceable. Mine was replaced wth a referb,
    but I don't know if this is the norm. With a referb you get a free
    pack of ink.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Go out and buy a Canon. The cheaper alternative is to use OEM ink.

    Anthony Hughes wrote:

    >Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes up
    >EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)
    >
    >To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed it. I
    >am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I bought it
    >because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged. Telling me and
    >forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is only making me
    >less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever again....
    >
    >Cheers
    >Ant
    >
    >
    >
    >
  4. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    I assume that you would like to continue to use compatable cartridges on
    your epson printer. I expect that someone on this NG who uses Epson printers
    can guide you on purchasing compatable Epson cartridges that will work
    better than the ones you purchased. The post by Measekite suggests that you
    should buy a Canon printer instead and use OEM inks. That is not the answer
    to the question you posed. He doesn't use Epson printers, and he advises
    against the use of aftermarket inks and carts although he has never used
    them either.

    If you are interested in following his unsolicited advice to buy a Canon
    printer you should know that, so far, Canon printers are not chipped and do
    not have a mechanism for detecting or rejecting aftermarket cartridges. OEM
    Canon bci-6 carts are $12 retail and some are available at Costco for $9.
    Compatable cartridges are available from many reliable vendors from $2 up.
    Refilling with MIS or Formulabs inks cost about $1 per cartridge. Read Neil
    Slade's info at http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html and check
    out http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

    You might go onto the Nifty forum and ask the question you posed here as
    someone there may have the answer for you on the Epson problem.

    "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    news:GdBte.1291$Bx6.904@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    > Go out and buy a Canon. The cheaper alternative is to use OEM ink.
    >
    > Anthony Hughes wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes up
    >>EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)
    >>
    >>To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed
    >>it. I am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I
    >>bought it because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged.
    >>Telling me and forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is
    >>only making me less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever
    >>again....
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>Ant
    >>
    >>
    >>
  5. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    I have the same printer and no message. I assume you are using Windows, so
    go into msconfig into start-up and untick the line that is causing the
    problem.

    "Anthony Hughes" <ahughes@NOSPAMrm.com> wrote in message
    news:d96mhn$htn$1@newsfeed.th.ifl.net...
    > Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes up
    > EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)
    >
    > To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed
    it. I
    > am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I bought
    it
    > because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged. Telling me
    and
    > forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is only making me
    > less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever again....
    >
    > Cheers
    > Ant
    >
    >
  6. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Burt wrote:

    >I assume that you would like to continue to use compatable cartridges on
    >your epson printer.
    >

    Compatible is an over used word. Every body says that about any
    aftermarket product even if they do not work well and sometimes not at all.

    >I expect that someone on this NG who uses Epson printers
    >can guide you on purchasing compatable Epson cartridges that will work
    >better than the ones you purchased. The post by Measekite suggests that you
    >should buy a Canon printer instead and use OEM inks. That is not the answer
    >to the question you posed.
    >

    This is a solution to the problem.

    > He doesn't use Epson printers, and he advises
    >against the use of aftermarket inks and carts although he has never used
    >them either.
    >
    >

    I have read about them on this ng and others and there are more people
    who have a host of printer problems that use them then anything else.

    >If you are interested in following his unsolicited advice like mine to buy a Canon
    >printer you should know that, so far, Canon printers are not chipped and do
    >not have a mechanism for detecting or rejecting aftermarket cartridges. OEM
    >Canon bci-6 carts are $12 retail and some are available at Costco for $9.
    >Compatable cartridges are available from many reliable vendors from $2 up.
    >
    >

    I have not found any reliable vendors that disclose full information as
    to what they are selling you and sell a comple BRANDED product mfg and
    formulated by a company who labels their product under their own name
    and sell that product through all of the selling channels available.
    That way you can keep the vendor honest about price and any bogus claims.

    >Refilling with MIS or Formulabs inks cost about $1 per cartridge.
    >

    Refilling is a pain in the ass but the tinkerers like to do it.

    > Read Neil
    >Slade's info at http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html and check
    >out http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/
    >
    >

    These sites do provide some information but you must rememver they are
    Branches of the Church of the AfterMarket Later Day Inks just like
    Burt. It is like one lies and the other swears to it. Burt has had
    limited sucess with MIS inks and an i960 Canon printer. Other people
    have not been so successful. He thinks he is a know it all and has this
    holier than thou attitude.

    >You might go onto the Nifty forum and ask the question you posed here as
    >someone there may have the answer for you on the Epson problem.
    >
    >

    And remember this same Burt is on that forum under the name fotofreek so
    you may get the same answer or a similar one fron hone of his friends.

    You do not see these inks and vendors recommended by Consumer Reports,
    Pop Photo, Outdoor Photo, PC Mag, PC World, Cnet, Zdnet or any other
    legitimate popular PC or Photo publication. What does that tell you?

    >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >news:GdBte.1291$Bx6.904@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    >
    >
    >>Go out and buy a Canon. The cheaper alternative is to use OEM ink.
    >>
    >>Anthony Hughes wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes up
    >>>EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)
    >>>
    >>>To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed
    >>>it. I am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I
    >>>bought it because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged.
    >>>Telling me and forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is
    >>>only making me less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever
    >>>again....
    >>>
    >>>Cheers
    >>>Ant
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >
    >
    >
    >
  7. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Anthony - please read Measekite's posts for the last several months to get a
    sense of how valid his information is. I have had COMPLETE success with MIS
    refill inks in my Canon i960. I've used them for almost a year. Great
    color match, no clogs, easy to refill. Measekite has s pathological bias
    against aftermarket inks, cartridges, and the vendors who sell them.
    Decided for yourself.

    "Anthony Hughes" <ahughes@NOSPAMrm.com> wrote in message
    news:d96mhn$htn$1@newsfeed.th.ifl.net...
    > Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes up
    > EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)
    >
    > To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed
    > it. I
    > am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I bought
    > it
    > because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged. Telling me
    > and
    > forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is only making me
    > less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever again....
    >
    > Cheers
    > Ant
    >
    >
  8. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Burt wrote:

    >Anthony - please read Measekite's posts for the last several months to get a
    >sense of how valid his information is. I have had COMPLETE success with MIS
    >refill inks in my Canon i960.
    >

    1 person
    1 printer
    less than 1 year

    Just like I told you

    >I've used them for almost a year. Great
    >color match, no clogs, easy to refill. Measekite has s pathological bias
    >against aftermarket inks, cartridges, and the vendors who sell them.
    >Decided for yourself.
    >
    >"Anthony Hughes" <ahughes@NOSPAMrm.com> wrote in message
    >news:d96mhn$htn$1@newsfeed.th.ifl.net...
    >
    >
    >>Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes up
    >>EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)
    >>
    >>To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed
    >>it. I
    >>am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I bought
    >>it
    >>because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged. Telling me
    >>and
    >>forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is only making me
    >>less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever again....
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>Ant
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
    >
    >
    >
  9. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Just to set the record straight - Measekite said that I have had LIMITED
    success with MIS inks. If limited success means excellent color match
    side-by-side with OEM inks, no more fading than with my OEM prints, no clogs
    in nearly a year of use, and one-tenth the cost, I will gladly accept
    limited success. His use of the term, limited success is meant to deny my
    consistant reports of excellent experience with this product. Simply a lie
    to support his bias. And - If I were the only satisfied user of this
    product they would have been out of business long ago. Measekite - at least
    you can be honest enough to accurately quote me.

    "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    news:oCEte.1383$Bx6.1210@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    >
    >
    > Burt wrote:
    >
    >>Anthony - please read Measekite's posts for the last several months to get
    >>a sense of how valid his information is. I have had COMPLETE success with
    >>MIS refill inks in my Canon i960.
    >
    > 1 person
    > 1 printer
    > less than 1 year
    >
    > Just like I told you
    >
    >>I've used them for almost a year. Great color match, no clogs, easy to
    >>refill. Measekite has s pathological bias against aftermarket inks,
    >>cartridges, and the vendors who sell them. Decided for yourself.
    >>
    >>"Anthony Hughes" <ahughes@NOSPAMrm.com> wrote in message
    >>news:d96mhn$htn$1@newsfeed.th.ifl.net...
    >>
    >>>Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes
    >>>up
    >>>EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)
    >>>
    >>>To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed
    >>>it. I
    >>>am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I bought
    >>>it
    >>>because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged. Telling me
    >>>and
    >>>forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is only making
    >>>me
    >>>less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever again....
    >>>
    >>>Cheers
    >>>Ant
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
  10. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    "Anthony Hughes" <ahughes@NOSPAMrm.com> wrote in message
    news:d96mhn$htn$1@newsfeed.th.ifl.net...
    > Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes up
    > EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)
    >
    > To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed
    > it. I
    > am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I bought
    > it
    > because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged. Telling me
    > and
    > forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is only making me
    > less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever again....
    >
    > Cheers
    > Ant
    >

    Have you got the latest versions of the drivers and status monitor? I've
    seen an Epson give a warning when changing inks with a similar message, but
    never on each and every print session.

    You could also try uninstalling the Status Monitor app.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Burt wrote:

    >Just to set the record straight - Measekite said that I have had LIMITED
    >success with MIS inks. If limited success means excellent color match
    >side-by-side with OEM inks, no more fading than with my OEM prints, no clogs
    >in nearly a year of use, and one-tenth the cost, I will gladly accept
    >limited success. His use of the term, limited success is meant to deny my
    >consistant reports of excellent experience with this product. Simply a lie
    >to support his bias. And - If I were the only satisfied user of this
    >product they would have been out of business long ago. Measekite - at least
    >you can be honest enough to accurately quote me.
    >
    >

    ATTENTION NG READERS

    SCOUR ALL OF THE POSTS IN THIS NG AND READ HOW MANY PEOPLE WHO USE
    UNBRANDED MIS LABELED INK THERE ARE AND WHAT THEIR EXPERIENCE IS.

    Burtie Furtie is the only one I have read about where the results were
    possitive.

    >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >news:oCEte.1383$Bx6.1210@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    >
    >
    >>Burt wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>Anthony - please read Measekite's posts for the last several months to get
    >>>a sense of how valid his information is. I have had COMPLETE success with
    >>>MIS refill inks in my Canon i960.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>1 person
    >>1 printer
    >>less than 1 year
    >>
    >>Just like I told you
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>I've used them for almost a year. Great color match, no clogs, easy to
    >>>refill. Measekite has s pathological bias against aftermarket inks,
    >>>cartridges, and the vendors who sell them. Decided for yourself.
    >>>
    >>>"Anthony Hughes" <ahughes@NOSPAMrm.com> wrote in message
    >>>news:d96mhn$htn$1@newsfeed.th.ifl.net...
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes
    >>>>up
    >>>>EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)
    >>>>
    >>>>To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed
    >>>>it. I
    >>>>am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I bought
    >>>>it
    >>>>because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged. Telling me
    >>>>and
    >>>>forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is only making
    >>>>me
    >>>>less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever again....
    >>>>
    >>>>Cheers
    >>>>Ant
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >
    >
    >
    >
  12. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Buy a Canon Printer and use OEM ink. You should not have these problems.

    zakezuke wrote:

    ><I>Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that
    >comes up
    >EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING??</I>
    >
    >(pardon my lack of a shift, my right shift key gave out today)
    >
    >are these refills or prefills?
    >
    >I never got that warning on my epson, except for some OEM carts bought
    >at office depot. I also saw someone reposting news about epson going
    >after the great old hong kong and taiwan chip makers. the only way
    >around this that I'm presently aware of is to
    >
    > 1. buy chips, attach and remove them for each replacement
    > 2. use epson chips, use a resetter, apply and use
    > 3. third party drivers? (never had cause to try them).
    >
    >what is probally most annoying is the whole technique of drop counting,
    >and that 10% margin of error, leaving always at least 3ml of ink in the
    >cart. I've found that 5 to 7 empties = one full one.
    >
    >
    >
  13. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Buy a Canon Printer and USE OEM ink. IT is that simple. No more problem.

    Anna Daptor wrote:

    >"Anthony Hughes" <ahughes@NOSPAMrm.com> wrote in message
    >news:d96mhn$htn$1@newsfeed.th.ifl.net...
    >
    >
    >>Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes up
    >>EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)
    >>
    >>To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed
    >>it. I
    >>am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I bought
    >>it
    >>because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged. Telling me
    >>and
    >>forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is only making me
    >>less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever again....
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>Ant
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
    >Have you got the latest versions of the drivers and status monitor? I've
    >seen an Epson give a warning when changing inks with a similar message, but
    >never on each and every print session.
    >
    >You could also try uninstalling the Status Monitor app.
    >
    >
    >
    >
  14. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    news:3FFte.1420$Bx6.124@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    > Buy a Canon Printer and USE OEM ink. IT is that simple. No more problem.

    Until the printhead burns out.
  15. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Anna Daptor wrote:

    >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >news:3FFte.1420$Bx6.124@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    >
    >
    >>Buy a Canon Printer and USE OEM ink. IT is that simple. No more problem.
    >>
    >>
    >
    >Until the printhead burns out.
    >
    >

    Mine has not burned out. Maybe OEM ink has something in it.

    >
    >
    >
  16. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite wrote:
    >
    >
    > Anna Daptor wrote:
    >
    >> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >> news:3FFte.1420$Bx6.124@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    >>
    >>
    >>> Buy a Canon Printer and USE OEM ink. IT is that simple. No more
    >>> problem.
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >> Until the printhead burns out.
    >>
    >>
    >
    > Mine has not burned out. Maybe OEM ink has something in it.
    >
    >>
    >>
    >>
    How about using the damn thing huh?
    Frank
  17. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Canon definitely honour printhead failure during printer warranty in my
    geogrphy, I have no reason to believe they would behave differently elsewhere.
    Tony


    "zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>Until the printhead burns out.
    >
    >This is somehwhat a fair comment. Keep in mind in contrast to Epson
    >which again works just fine 'till the printhead burns out or clogs. I
    >don't know if the Canon warranty covers the printhead, others here
    >would sugest it doesn't. But Epson does for a year as it's not a
    >consumable or end user replaceable. Mine was replaced wth a referb,
    >but I don't know if this is the norm. With a referb you get a free
    >pack of ink.
  18. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Ant
    I have seen this somewhere recently. Just a question, how did you replace the
    cartridge? Did you use the driver to do so....in other words let the driver
    lead you through the steps for cartridge replacement or did you do it some
    other way? And did you replace just one cartridge or more than one at the same
    time?
    Tony

    ahughes@NOSPAMrm.com (Anthony Hughes) wrote:
    >Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes up
    >EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)
    >
    >To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed it. I
    >am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I bought it
    >because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged. Telling me and
    >forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is only making me
    >less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever again....
    >
    >Cheers
    >Ant
  19. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Tony wrote:

    >Canon definitely honour printhead failure during printer warranty in my
    >geogrphy, I have no reason to believe they would behave differently elsewhere.
    >Tony da Repaiman
    >
    >
    >"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>>Until the printhead burns out.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>This is somehwhat a fair comment. Keep in mind in contrast to Epson
    >>which again works just fine 'till the printhead burns out or clogs. I
    >>don't know if the Canon warranty covers the printhead, others here
    >>would sugest it doesn't. But Epson does for a year as it's not a
    >>consumable or end user replaceable. Mine was replaced wth a referb,
    >>but I don't know if this is the norm. With a referb you get a free
    >>pack of ink.
    >>
    >>
    >
    >
    >
  20. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    I have heard this problem. I don't know exactly how to overcome it. Try:
    Start --> Settings --> Printers and Faxes --> right click on R300 icon -->
    Properties --> Printing preferences --> Maintainance --> Speed &
    Progress --> Monitoring Preferences --> change settings (e.g. error).

    If it works please tell me about. If not I can tell you sometning else to
    try.

    --
    Yianni
    in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)


    --
    "Anthony Hughes" <ahughes@NOSPAMrm.com> wrote in message
    news:d96mhn$htn$1@newsfeed.th.ifl.net...
    >
    > Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes up
    > EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)
    >
    > To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed
    it. I
    > am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I bought
    it
    > because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged. Telling me
    and
    > forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is only making me
    > less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever again....
    >
    > Cheers
    > Ant
    >
    >
  21. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Like many "features" this one is designed to annoy the heck out of you
    to try to get you to buy OEM next time ;-)


    Art

    Anthony Hughes wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes up
    > EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)
    >
    > To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed it. I
    > am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I bought it
    > because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged. Telling me and
    > forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is only making me
    > less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever again....
    >
    > Cheers
    > Ant
    >
    >
  22. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > I wonder what would happen if you bought a chip resetter and then
    > continued to use the cartridges till they stopped. This would surely use
    > up all the ink!

    You could, but you'd have to be careful not to run out of ink as this
    according to everything i've read would cause a printhead to burn out.
    I would strongly reccomend that you employ the use of a refillable cart
    and after you have a good stock of ink saved up fill a refillable.
    Many of them are clear and don't need chip resetters.
  23. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <1119297787.831097.79340@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote:
    ><I>Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that
    >comes up
    >EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING??</I>
    >
    >(pardon my lack of a shift, my right shift key gave out today)
    >
    >are these refills or prefills?
    >
    >I never got that warning on my epson, except for some OEM carts bought
    >at office depot. I also saw someone reposting news about epson going
    >after the great old hong kong and taiwan chip makers. the only way
    >around this that I'm presently aware of is to
    >
    > 1. buy chips, attach and remove them for each replacement
    > 2. use epson chips, use a resetter, apply and use
    > 3. third party drivers? (never had cause to try them).
    >
    >what is probally most annoying is the whole technique of drop counting,
    >and that 10% margin of error, leaving always at least 3ml of ink in the
    >cart. I've found that 5 to 7 empties = one full one.
    >

    I think 10% is a little conservative - I opened the first 2 of my "empties"
    (genuine carts) and they were literally 1/3 full still....

    Ant
  24. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <%vFte.29993$iy2.5203@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net>, "Anna Daptor" <Anna@radio.active.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >"Anthony Hughes" <ahughes@NOSPAMrm.com> wrote in message
    >news:d96mhn$htn$1@newsfeed.th.ifl.net...
    >> Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that comes up
    >> EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING?? (Sorry for shouting!)
    >>
    >> To Epson: I KNOW it's not a genuine cartridge, I bought it. I installed
    >> it. I
    >> am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my own actions. I bought
    >> it
    >> because yours are too expensive and I don't like being mugged. Telling me
    >> and
    >> forcing me to click that stupid button every single time is only making me
    >> less and less inclined to ever buy an Epson product ever again....
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Ant
    >>
    >
    >Have you got the latest versions of the drivers and status monitor? I've
    >seen an Epson give a warning when changing inks with a similar message, but
    >never on each and every print session.
    >
    >You could also try uninstalling the Status Monitor app.
    >
    >

    I'll try upgrading to the former and if that fails, go with the latter I
    think!

    Cheers
    Ant
  25. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <1119304796.172075@athnrd02>, "Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote:
    >I have heard this problem. I don't know exactly how to overcome it. Try:
    >Start --> Settings --> Printers and Faxes --> right click on R300 icon -->
    >Properties --> Printing preferences --> Maintainance --> Speed &
    >Progress --> Monitoring Preferences --> change settings (e.g. error).
    >
    >If it works please tell me about. If not I can tell you sometning else to
    >try.
    >

    Tried it but it didn't work unfortunately.

    Cheers
    Ant
  26. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Anthony Hughes wrote:

    > In article <1119297787.831097.79340@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >><I>Does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid stupd warning that
    >>comes up
    >>EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRINT SOMETHING??</I>
    >>
    >>(pardon my lack of a shift, my right shift key gave out today)
    >>
    >>are these refills or prefills?
    >>
    >>I never got that warning on my epson, except for some OEM carts bought
    >>at office depot. I also saw someone reposting news about epson going
    >>after the great old hong kong and taiwan chip makers. the only way
    >>around this that I'm presently aware of is to
    >>
    >> 1. buy chips, attach and remove them for each replacement
    >> 2. use epson chips, use a resetter, apply and use
    >> 3. third party drivers? (never had cause to try them).
    >>
    >>what is probally most annoying is the whole technique of drop counting,
    >>and that 10% margin of error, leaving always at least 3ml of ink in the
    >>cart. I've found that 5 to 7 empties = one full one.
    >>
    >
    >
    > I think 10% is a little conservative - I opened the first 2 of my "empties"
    > (genuine carts) and they were literally 1/3 full still....
    >
    > Ant

    I wonder what would happen if you bought a chip resetter and then
    continued to use the cartridges till they stopped. This would surely use
    up all the ink!

    rm
  27. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Try also to disable the ink level monitoring and uncheck the "Advanced
    printing features" in the Advanced menu from printer properties.


    --
    Yianni
    in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)


    --
    "Anthony Hughes" <ahughes@NOSPAMrm.com> wrote in message
    news:d9gbsm$u9r$3@newsfeed.th.ifl.net...
    >
    > In article <1119304796.172075@athnrd02>, "Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote:
    > >I have heard this problem. I don't know exactly how to overcome it. Try:
    > >Start --> Settings --> Printers and Faxes --> right click on R300
    icon -->
    > >Properties --> Printing preferences --> Maintainance --> Speed &
    > >Progress --> Monitoring Preferences --> change settings (e.g. error).
    > >
    > >If it works please tell me about. If not I can tell you sometning else to
    > >try.
    > >
    >
    > Tried it but it didn't work unfortunately.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Ant
  28. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Print head burnout from lack of ink in Epson printers is an overly
    discussed and basically a nonexistent phenomenon.

    People get confused with thermal printer heads which can get damaged if
    they run dry, because the head has resistors which literally heat the
    ink to project it. Piezo heads, like those used in Epson printers use a
    actuator which vibrates, and that generates almost no heat.

    In fact, the first several generations of Epson printers had no ink
    monitor or method of knowing when the ink would run out other than that
    a color just stopped.

    The main reason there is a concern that the ink runs out on Epson
    printers is twofold.

    1) Once the ink runs out, the head can dry out, leaving the residue to
    clog the nozzles

    2) As airlock can develop which the purge pump can have some problem
    dislodging

    The first problem is rectified by replacing the cartridge as soon as the
    ink shows as running out. The second problem may require helping the
    ink flow by using a bit of head cleaner to get the flow going and a
    couple of extra cleaning cycles.

    Head burnout due to running the heads dry is not common or very likely
    with piezo head technology.

    Art

    zakezuke wrote:

    >>I wonder what would happen if you bought a chip resetter and then
    >>continued to use the cartridges till they stopped. This would surely use
    >>up all the ink!
    >
    >
    > You could, but you'd have to be careful not to run out of ink as this
    > according to everything i've read would cause a printhead to burn out.
    > I would strongly reccomend that you employ the use of a refillable cart
    > and after you have a good stock of ink saved up fill a refillable.
    > Many of them are clear and don't need chip resetters.
    >
  29. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Art wrote:
    The main reason there is a concern that the ink runs out on Epson
    printers is twofold.
    1) Once the ink runs out, the head can dry out, leaving the residue to
    clog the nozzles

    2) As airlock can develop which the purge pump can have some problem
    dislodging

    --------------------------------------------
    I have an old Epson 870 that I've not used for around 2 years (out of
    ink for colors but ok on black). I wonder should I spend the money to
    get new cartridges or refill kit (chip resetter and inks)? I'm afraid
    it's already dried and clogged that it would be a waste of money and
    effort to get it work. Maybe I should just buy a new printer??

    If it may still useful. Is there a brand of chip resetter and inks that
    you would recommend?

    Thanks for the help,


    cpliu
  30. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    I use www.printpal.com
    I has worked great with my epsons
    also try http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml
    for a resetter..


    "liu">
    > --------------------------------------------
    > I have an old Epson 870 that I've not used for around 2 years (out of
    > ink for colors but ok on black). I wonder should I spend the money to
    > get new cartridges or refill kit (chip resetter and inks)? I'm afraid
    > it's already dried and clogged that it would be a waste of money and
    > effort to get it work. Maybe I should just buy a new printer??
    >
    > If it may still useful. Is there a brand of chip resetter and inks that
    > you would recommend?
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    >
    >
    > cpliu
    >
  31. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    If you used dye inks (standard) in it, it can likely be resurrected. It
    will need some older cartridges to make cleaning cartridges with, and a
    chip resetter. Chip resetters are available on places like ebay quite
    inexpensively now.

    Send me an email privately and request the Epson Cleaning Manual for
    some ideas and formulas for cleaning fluids.

    Art

    liu wrote:

    > Art wrote:
    > The main reason there is a concern that the ink runs out on Epson
    > printers is twofold.
    > 1) Once the ink runs out, the head can dry out, leaving the residue to
    > clog the nozzles
    >
    > 2) As airlock can develop which the purge pump can have some problem
    > dislodging
    >
    > --------------------------------------------
    > I have an old Epson 870 that I've not used for around 2 years (out of
    > ink for colors but ok on black). I wonder should I spend the money to
    > get new cartridges or refill kit (chip resetter and inks)? I'm afraid
    > it's already dried and clogged that it would be a waste of money and
    > effort to get it work. Maybe I should just buy a new printer??
    >
    > If it may still useful. Is there a brand of chip resetter and inks that
    > you would recommend?
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    >
    >
    > cpliu
    >
Ask a new question

Read More

Printers Epson Peripherals