Unusual ingredients - which mod is this?

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 11, 2005 9:11:31 PM

I just installed the Abu Mansion mod, and among other things, it has a
kitchen, with specially marked jars for all of your alchemy ingredients.
Against the back wall are two shelves with jars for your standard Morrowind
stuff. On the left, there's a shelf with the special stuff from Tribunal
and Bloodmoon. And on the right, there's a shelf designed for ingredients
I've never heard of. Sapphires, Dwemer Pipe, Hunger Tongues, and a whole
bunch more I don't remember. Is this from some popular mod? I've completed
both the Morrowind and Tribunal main quests, and am pretty far in Bloodmoon,
and I've yet to see anything on that shelf, so I'm assuming that it's not
anything that's available in the game without mods. Which mod is it, and
where can I get it?

More about : unusual ingredients mod

Anonymous
January 12, 2005 3:14:44 AM

> Don't know Abu Mansion, but the ingredients you mention look like this
one:

> Srikandi's Alchemy Ingredients
> http://members.cox.net/srikandi/alchemy/alchemy_doc.htm
>
> Good alchemy mod, I've it running.

That looks like it, alright. Thanks.
January 12, 2005 3:14:44 AM

> Don't know Abu Mansion, but the ingredients you mention look like this
one:

By the way, it's Abu Manor, not Mansion. Screwed up. It's a house mod that
places a building near the temple in Ald'ruhn. Quite nice, but it's the
first house mod I've tried, so I haven't seen the competition yet. (Sure
beats Dura gra-Bol's house in Balmora, which I was using until now...)
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 4:18:32 AM

Darrel Hoffman wrote:

>>Don't know Abu Mansion, but the ingredients you mention look like this
>
> one:
>
> By the way, it's Abu Manor, not Mansion. Screwed up. It's a house mod that
> places a building near the temple in Ald'ruhn. Quite nice, but it's the
> first house mod I've tried, so I haven't seen the competition yet. (Sure
> beats Dura gra-Bol's house in Balmora, which I was using until now...)

You might want to run the Suran Underworld mod. You get a house in
Suran that includes a number of storage containers and armor mannequins.
A series of side quests will get you a Castle off the coast of
Ebonheart complete with a city and guild houses.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 11:42:00 AM

"Michael W. Ryder" wrote:

> Darrel Hoffman wrote:
>
> >>Don't know Abu Mansion, but the ingredients you mention look like this
> >
> > one:
> >
> > By the way, it's Abu Manor, not Mansion. Screwed up. It's a house mod that
> > places a building near the temple in Ald'ruhn. Quite nice, but it's the
> > first house mod I've tried, so I haven't seen the competition yet. (Sure
> > beats Dura gra-Bol's house in Balmora, which I was using until now...)
> >

> You might want to run the Suran Underworld mod.

Seconded. Even your 50+ level character might break a sweat with bits of
this one.

> You get a house in
> Suran that includes a number of storage containers and armor mannequins.
> A series of side quests will get you a Castle off the coast of
> Ebonheart complete with a city and guild houses.

Oh, doesn't he make it sound so simple.... ;o)
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 1:58:58 AM

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:42:00 +0000, Pete MC
<nomorespam@youbastids.com> wrote:

>> You might want to run the Suran Underworld mod.
>
>Seconded. Even your 50+ level character might break a sweat with bits of
>this one.

Don't see why - my character was level 15-20 when she finished this
one.

I agree it's one of the better mods out there - it goes easier if you
have lots of Night Eye potions.

There was one of the later quests where the solution turned out to be
to cast a mark on the balcony of this room around a big atrium and
then 'bother' the monster, cast recall, and then bow or fireball till
it keeled over. I think I got killed 7 or 8 times before figuring out
this little gem :)

>> You get a house in
>> Suran that includes a number of storage containers and armor mannequins.
>> A series of side quests will get you a Castle off the coast of
>> Ebonheart complete with a city and guild houses.

>Oh, doesn't he make it sound so simple.... ;o)

Yes that was pretty nasty. Not half as nasty as trying to finish
Firemoth with a level 6 character - got all the way to the final lich
and got killed again and again and again. Eventually came back while I
was getting warmed up for the last Suran quest...<grin>

Probably the hardest I faced though was trying to win the final quest
in Bloodmoon on maximum difficulty. It can be done (my character was
by now level 25-27) but you will have earned it...
!
Consequently