XP Pro reboots - Autocheck.exe not found

kumaran

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Dear experts,
I have Win XP Professional + SP2 on my laptop.
Last nignt, I have uninstalled Roxio (CD / DVD burning SW).
When I started my laptop this morning, it says "autocheck.exe" is not found,
and reboots again and again, not even reaching the logon screen.

What could be wrong and how can I fix this.

Kindly help me.

Regards
Kumaran

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Kumaran

Have you tried starting windows with the "Last known good" startup option?
As you haven't been able to log in since installing the program, this may
rectify your problem.
Press F8 as your computer is booting, and you should get the boot options,
where you can select "Last known good configuration"

Hope this helps...

~Damien

"Kumaran" <subbarayan.elangkumaran@de.bosch.com> wrote in message
> Dear experts,
> I have Win XP Professional + SP2 on my laptop.
> Last nignt, I have uninstalled Roxio (CD / DVD burning SW).
> When I started my laptop this morning, it says "autocheck.exe" is not
> found,
> and reboots again and again, not even reaching the logon screen.
>
> What could be wrong and how can I fix this.
>
> Kindly help me.
>
> Regards
> Kumaran

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

You might want to drive reinstalling Roxio and uninstalling it again.
Sometimes when you uninstall an application the uninstall process is not
always complete.

Marburg

"Kumaran" <subbarayan.elangkumaran@de.bosch.com> wrote in message
Dear experts,
I have Win XP Professional + SP2 on my laptop.
Last nignt, I have uninstalled Roxio (CD / DVD burning SW).
When I started my laptop this morning, it says "autocheck.exe" is not found,
and reboots again and again, not even reaching the logon screen.

What could be wrong and how can I fix this.

Kindly help me.

Regards
Kumaran

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

He can't reinstall it until he resolves the problem because the computer is
rebooting itself.

"marburg" <marburg@wt.net> wrote in message
> You might want to drive reinstalling Roxio and uninstalling it again.
> Sometimes when you uninstall an application the uninstall process is not
> always complete.
>
> Marburg
>
> "Kumaran" <subbarayan.elangkumaran@de.bosch.com> wrote in message
> Dear experts,
> I have Win XP Professional + SP2 on my laptop.
> Last nignt, I have uninstalled Roxio (CD / DVD burning SW).
> When I started my laptop this morning, it says "autocheck.exe" is not
> found,
> and reboots again and again, not even reaching the logon screen.
>
> What could be wrong and how can I fix this.
>
> Kindly help me.
>
> Regards
> Kumaran

kumaran

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I tried "Last known good configuration", and it works fine now.
I thank all the people who have suggested me.

-Kumaran