Sign in with
Your question

Hearing ads about a 1 terabyte HDD?

Last response: in Storage
August 10, 2006 5:42:20 PM

Forgive me if this has already been talked about. I've been hearing commercials here in Columbus, OH on Rush Limbaugh's program about a new Maxtor 1 terabyte drive. Is this news?
August 10, 2006 5:50:16 PM

That a political question and a hardware question all in one. lol I'm not to sure on the news of a single 1TB drive yet, a though I recall some talk about it on various blogs. 750gb is main streamed now, 1TB mustn't be to far way. The show may have been talking about OneTouch III though.
a b G Storage
August 10, 2006 6:16:40 PM

Most likely. The Seagate buyout of Maxtor is going through soon I believe anyway....
Related resources
August 10, 2006 7:29:19 PM

I caught the ad again and heard it was at CompUSA. Looking at their website I only see the One Touch mentioned earlier. Doesn't appear at this point it is an internal HDD like the ad leads you to believe.
August 10, 2006 7:38:46 PM

I would go as far to say that it's sinking ship propaganda. Since there is going to be a merger ( not sure what the name of the two entities will be), but they are trying hard sells on anything they have now to pave way to the same stuff with new labels. Anyway, thats what happened with all that Quantum drive junk.
August 10, 2006 7:57:07 PM

I'm going to say it's actually two 500GB drives in an external enclosure.
August 11, 2006 1:10:05 AM

Thank you Nukemaster. That's what I'm talking about!
!