195$ egg
2. AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Windsor 200$ zipzoom
3. CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM 289$ egg
4. Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 121$
5. HIS Hightech H190XT512DVN Radeon X1900XT 349$ egg
6. Lian Li PC-V1000BPlus II Black 208$ egg
7. FSP Group (Fortron Source) FX600-GLN 140$
8. 19-24 inch lcd still looking
9. Love my mx1000 mouse and probaly get a backlit keyboard(mabey a Saitek PZ30AU Black) like 40$

I want a 10k drive for OS and games. Need at least 100 gb and a 250-400 gb solution for storage 7200 rpmish.

I am not familiar with all the connections about nowadays so what would be the best options....
Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about what
  1. The common HDD connection is SATA. The fasted HDD's are commonly and cheaper Rapter made by western digital. The best and fastest HDD's are SAS hard drives that plug into SATA connections. But they are prolly not in your price range. Link to technology. http://www.seagate.com/products/interface/sas

Any good USB2.0 HDD will work for Data storage.
  2. I already replied to your optical drive question for this build in another section. Next time post all of your questions in the General homebuilt section under a single thread. Makes my life (and the lives of everyone else who helps out here on THG) much easier.
  3. That was in a PM so its not posted anywhere man, sorry if my questions offend you.

And I am also seeking two as well as the fact that you also were suggesting a conroe build. Which had a completly different motherboard.
  4. SAS drives are kinda cool, work with them a bit at work...

I believe SAS stands for SCSI Attached Serial? Something along those lines, but yea I believe they fit only into SATA.
  5. I think you had the terms reversed, it's Serial Attached SCSI.
    Hope this helps!
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Storage