This is the build:
1.Foxconn C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP
2. AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Windsor 200$ zipzoom
3. CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM 289$ egg
4. Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 121$
5. HIS Hightech H190XT512DVN Radeon X1900XT 349$ egg
6. Lian Li PC-V1000BPlus II Black 208$ egg
7. FSP Group (Fortron Source) FX600-GLN 140$
8. 19-24 inch lcd still looking
9. Love my mx1000 mouse and probaly get a backlit keyboard(mabey a Saitek PZ30AU Black) like 40$
I want a 10k drive for OS and games. Need at least 100 gb and a 250-400 gb solution for storage 7200 rpmish.
I am not familiar with all the connections about nowadays so what would be the best options....
The common HDD connection is SATA. The fasted HDD's are commonly and cheaper Rapter made by western digital. The best and fastest HDD's are SAS hard drives that plug into SATA connections. But they are prolly not in your price range. Link to technology. http://www.seagate.com/products/interface/sas
I already replied to your optical drive question for this build in another section. Next time post all of your questions in the General homebuilt section under a single thread. Makes my life (and the lives of everyone else who helps out here on THG) much easier.