TheeZy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
I built my new Core 2 Duo system on this motherboard. So far no problems and everything works great besides the sound.

I went to Gigabyte's site and downloaded the two drivers. I ran the Microsoft Bus thing first, then the other driver. During the second installation it always says that it is required that I install the the first driver (which I did), and then quits the installation.

I'm wondering how you guys got your board's sound to work. When I goto the control panel it still says "No Audio Device". I don't know what to do.

TheeZy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
I reinstalled Windows XP and downloaded the Microsoft bus driver. I ran the download and it extracted the files on my desktop. I don't know which program I'm supposed to run next. I might have to try to get my money back as I just can't get the sound to work. I'm desperate. =(

vsamaco

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
Do you see a realtek hd audio manager in your system tray? If you go to device manager, in the sound, video, and game controllers, are the audo drivers all functional?

After you installed uaa, did you install the realtek function drivers for windows xp? Did you already install chipset drivers too?

If it says there no audio device still, check your bios and see if azelia audio is set to auto in peripherals menu.

And as a last resort, try these latest bios drivers => http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109719

dopeskills

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
hi, i have the same problem, installed everything and everything is working fine except the onboard audio. I installed the Microsoft UAA Bus driver for high definition audio and the realtek audio codec listed on the cd but no success. Windows does not detect the hardware at all... I will try updating the bios and the audio drivers on the gigabyte site but was there any resolution in the case above?

dopeskills

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Do you see a realtek hd audio manager in your system tray? If you go to device manager, in the sound, video, and game controllers, are the audo drivers all functional?

After you installed uaa, did you install the realtek function drivers for windows xp? Did you already install chipset drivers too?

If it says there no audio device still, check your bios and see if azelia audio is set to auto in peripherals menu.

And as a last resort, try these latest bios drivers => http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109719

in response to your question in my case yes i did install realtek function drivers and chipset drivers. There is no audio device listed in the sounds menu in control panel or in device manager.
What is listed under sounds in device manager is:
audio codecs
legacy audio drivers
legacy video capture devices
media control devices
video codecs

azaelia audio is set to auto in my bios, i tried using the quickflash utility to update the bios to F4 but even though i went through the process 3 different times it still stays on F1. any suggestions?

vsamaco

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
I have those devices listed under sound category in device manager. Do any of those sound devices marked with any flags? In my add/remove list, I have Realtek high def audio driver, high def audio driver package. If windows show it as new device, atleast it knows about it...

How are you checking the version of bios? I usually read the version from bootup screen (near top where is list your mobo type).

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Hi. I was wondering, if I have a sound card installed, do I need to install those drivers or no? I just need to disable azalia, right?

Ive just built my first system and its posted with one beep. Im looking at all the cmos and reading the manual..I didnt see anything that said: If you have a sound card u need to disable the onboard sound (Azalia Codex).

Thank you :)

vsamaco

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
Hi. I was wondering, if I have a sound card installed, do I need to install those drivers or no? I just need to disable azalia, right?

Ive just built my first system and its posted with one beep. Im looking at all the cmos and reading the manual..I didnt see anything that said: If you have a sound card u need to disable the onboard sound (Azalia Codex).

Thank you :)

If your using your own sound card, then yes disable the onboard in bios.

I have a sound card installed, tho using onboard sound. Both drivers are installed, devices functional, but control panel is set to onboard. I would use the sound card, just I haven't figured out how to connect sound ports of the case.

deathblooms2k1

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Is this a common thing with gigabyte? I have a gigabyte board also, drivers loaded, device manager says hd-audio is working correctly. I open up the sound controls and on the port display tab none of the ports detect my audio devices no matter what I do. This board has been nothing but a headache for me so far.

rushfan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006

You should not be entitled to a refund because you cannot figure out how to load the drivers. That's just wrong. :pfff:

I strongly recommend that you use the driver CD that came with the motherboard to load the drivers. I used it several times myself and it works every time. If you haven't installed a ton of software yet, I suggest that you reload XP from scratch (format C:\ ) and then once you have loaded the drivers from the CD, update them from the web.

mccp

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
I would recommend just, backing up anything you want to keep, wiping the HDD, and doing a fresh install of windows. The FIRST thing that you should do once windows is installed, is put in the driver disk that came with the m/b and let it do its xpress install. Just as the post above mine says.

I am experiencing the same thing with a customers computer at the moment and I know for a fact that the drivers would have worked if he hadn't botched up the install.

brandonros

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
I had the same problem and figured it out for mine. My problem was two things... 1. When I tried to use the latest drivers from gigabyte's website, the installation instructions require you to kind of setup the new drivers twice. It wants you to install it and shut down. Then it wants you to intall it again until you have the HD Audio Manager in your task manager. 2. I only have a single jack for my speakers so when it's plugged in, it indicates analog in the audio manager and whichever plug is plugged in, the color is darkened. I have to right click the colored jack in the audio manager and click connector retasking. I then had to select headphones. Then it worked fine. I hope this helps anyone.