Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Update: This problem has been resolved.

Ok I need some tech support here. Right now I have running:

Intel Conroe E6600 Retail w/ stock fan Not OC'd
Asus P5W DH Deluxe Bios Ver 0901
2 gigs of OCZ PC8000 running at 800Mhz
ATI Radeon X1800XT.

I did a clean install of windows. Everything is great when I get into windows, but when I turn the machine on the computer seems to hang for almost a whole minute in the bios before loading windows. Does anyone know what the problem might be? With the Celeron D I had in there before it went through the bios much faster, and I'm pretty sure I have the latest bios revision installed. Thanks!

Ars3nic

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
In the BIOS, have you selected for I believe its called "Quick Startup" or something to that effect? My friend didn't have it selected, and it took forever for his computer to run throught the startup tests.

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Blackstone,

That's a great rig. Exactly what I'm looking for. Can I do a price check on what you got the E6600 and mobo for?

Looking at NewEgg, things are getting out of hand. Thanks!

Also, where did you get the parts?

iterations

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
In the BIOS, have you selected for I believe its called "Quick Startup" or something to that effect? My friend didn't have it selected, and it took forever for his computer to run throught the startup tests.
Yeah without any further info, I'd agree with Asr3nic. It sounds like you are doing the full mem tests in POST and that'll take about a minute of so with 2GB of RAM. See if you can turn on Quickstart in your BIOS.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

What Ars3nic said

I have the same set up, the 6600 and asus p5w dh deluxe. Its you start up otions in the BIOs. you can either recionfigure for the fast start up, or press F8( :?: ) during start up to bypass.

Peace

blackstone

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Battlefield 2 is OUT OF CONTROL with the new rig! Every single setting at max, a very high widescreen resolution (can't remember which one I used but it was as demanding as 1600x1200), 4x anti aliasing, max filtering, adaptive antialising enabled, high quality antialiasing enabled = 50 FPS min 80FPS most of the time. UN-REAL! That is with stock cooling and no overclocking.

I'm extra excited because I picked this monitor up today too. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824002319

I'm upgrading from a P4 so I have no idea if this is exceptional performance for a high end CPU or not. I haven't done benchmarks yet!

I actually bought the CPU on Ebay from a place called ChipsandMemory.com. I wasn't even sure if it was legit. Their price was like 450 bucks plus shipping. I thought I got ripped off but Newegg wound up selling them for more! Got it today! I also have a preorder from Tankguys.com that hasn't show up yet. I ordered that a long time ago, so when that one gets here I'm gonna sell that one off.