May 17, 2011
Specs:

Sony Vaio FZ21Z
2.2 ghz
3gb RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium
Nvidia geForce 8600 (not 100% sure)

Hello,

So I go to start my laptop the other day and it didn't go past the windows flag, it stalled for a bit, flashes up the BSOD and then restarted itself. I then get windows failed to start because of a recent hardware change, but I can't remember any changes, my laptop has been running smooth for ages.

I get a choice of the usual options (safe mode, last know good config etc) but none of them work, they all stall and it restarts itself.

I tried putting in my windows 7 disk and doing the repair, but again that fails to load properly it just stays on the blue windows screen. I also tried reinstalling windows... but it stalls on the 'windows is setting up' screen.

I did do a memory diagnostic and it said there was a problem with hardware and to contact the manufacturer, but I can't get my head round how it just happens overnight.

This has just totally stumped me, it's a top spec machine, I didn't expect this to randomly happen. I need the files that are on it, so wiping the drive isn't really option for me.

If you guys have any suggestion I could try before I go spend a fortune getting fixed, that'd be awesome,

Thanks for your time,

Jason.

Jbrown832

Distinguished
May 17, 2011

I tried taking each one out and still the same issue. This would suggest that both part of memory are bad then??

Would I simply just replace both of them with new sticks of memory?

Thanks for your help.