possible to kill alll the assassins?

so, i was bored and went to hang out on the mud crab merchant's isle
and sell him some stuff. i recalled that the assassins that attack
you while you rest have ebony swords! i was probably attacked 5 or 6
times, leaving 12 bodies on the ground all around me, and I made a ton
of cash.

But now there seems to be no more assassins. Did I mess something up?
heh. They used to really whip-up on me when I was lower in levels,
but now I rule them.

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.
17 answers Last reply
More about possible kill alll assassins

    Assassins stop coming if you go talk to the guy
    in Ebonhart. They are also very random. They
    also come more if you are heavily damaged
    than if you are healthy when you sleep.

    DeAnn wrote:
    > Assassins stop coming if you go talk to the guy
    > in Ebonhart. They are also very random. They
    > also come more if you are heavily damaged
    > than if you are healthy when you sleep.
    Health has nothing to do with it.

    > > Assassins stop coming if you go talk to the guy
    > > in Ebonhart. They are also very random. They
    > > also come more if you are heavily damaged
    > > than if you are healthy when you sleep.
    > Health has nothing to do with it.

    I've noticed that sleeping in town tends to make you more likely to be
    attacked than sleeping out in the wild. I was almost guaranteed an ambush
    any time I tried sleeping in the Mage's Guild in Balmora. This goes for
    both the Assassins and the Ash Vampires that attack you later.

    Mydnight wrote:

    > so, i was bored and went to hang out on the mud crab merchant's isle
    > and sell him some stuff. i recalled that the assassins that attack
    > you while you rest have ebony swords! i was probably attacked 5 or 6
    > times, leaving 12 bodies on the ground all around me, and I made a ton
    > of cash.
    >
    > But now there seems to be no more assassins. Did I mess something up?
    > heh. They used to really whip-up on me when I was lower in levels,
    > but now I rule them.
    >

    > Mydnight
    >
    > --------------------
    > thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.

    If you go to their lair they have some with Daedric weapons, and there
    are a lot of them. Also, they regenerate after a period so you can keep
    going back.

    On 12 Jan 2005 13:37:22 -0800, "DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >Assassins stop coming if you go talk to the guy
    >in Ebonhart. They are also very random. They
    >also come more if you are heavily damaged
    >than if you are healthy when you sleep.

    They used to come and kick my ass on a regular basis, but now they
    seem to have just stopped altogether. I will stop and sleep outisde
    for up to 24 hours and I get nothing. Are you sure if there are X
    number of assassin corpses lying around, they stop coming?

    Mydnight

    --------------------
    thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.

    >If you go to their lair they have some with Daedric weapons, and there
    >are a lot of them. Also, they regenerate after a period so you can keep
    >going back.

    I like the ebony stuff because it's pretty light and easy to
    transport. I carry a bunch of junk that I should sort through. heh.

    Mydnight

    --------------------

    Mydnight wrote:

    > On 12 Jan 2005 13:37:22 -0800, "DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Assassins stop coming if you go talk to the guy
    >>in Ebonhart. They are also very random. They
    >>also come more if you are heavily damaged
    >>than if you are healthy when you sleep.
    >

    > They used to come and kick my ass on a regular basis, but now they
    > seem to have just stopped altogether. I will stop and sleep outisde
    > for up to 24 hours and I get nothing. Are you sure if there are X
    > number of assassin corpses lying around, they stop coming?

    After a certain number of attacks they quit. Not sure if they restart
    after a time though.

    > Mydnight
    >
    > --------------------
    > thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:11:54 GMT, "Michael W. Ryder"
    <mwryder@_worldnet.att.net> wrote:

    >Mydnight wrote:
    >
    >> On 12 Jan 2005 13:37:22 -0800, "DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Assassins stop coming if you go talk to the guy
    >>>in Ebonhart. They are also very random. They
    >>>also come more if you are heavily damaged
    >>>than if you are healthy when you sleep.
    >>

    >> They used to come and kick my ass on a regular basis, but now they
    >> seem to have just stopped altogether. I will stop and sleep outisde
    >> for up to 24 hours and I get nothing. Are you sure if there are X
    >> number of assassin corpses lying around, they stop coming?
    >>

    >After a certain number of attacks they quit. Not sure if they restart
    >after a time though.

    damn, i thought it would be an unlimited source of income. heh.
    well, back to pillaging. ;p

    Mydnight

    --------------------
    thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.

    > damn, i thought it would be an unlimited source of income. heh.
    > well, back to pillaging. ;p

    There are plenty of other unlimited income sources.

    If you get to where you're able to kill Dremora Lords with relative ease, go
    visit one of the Daedric temples, and steal the gems from the altar. These
    gems are special, in that they will summon a Dremora Lord when you pick them
    up. The thing is, this effect is not limited to just where they are in the
    temples. You can drop them pretty much anywhere, pick them up again, and
    summon another Dremora Lord. These guys usually have Dwarven, Ebony, or
    Daedric weapons on them. (I think it depends on your level. When you're
    higher levelled, they're pretty much guaranteed to give Daedric all the
    time.) It doesn't work all the time, and I don't think it can work twice a
    row in the same area, but move to another area, drop and pick up again, and
    it usually works. Just don't do it near neutral NPCs, as they like to cast
    fireballs at you, which can be dangerous to innocent bystanders.

    Annother good place to hunt for good selling weapons is Ald Sotha. It's
    just a hop and a few jumps away from the Mudcrab, (Literally if you've got
    maxed speed and acrobacy + a CE Jump ring and BoBS like me.) so it's easy to
    go in, loot, come back out and sell, and repeat. Ald Sotha has several
    levels, and by the time you get to the bottom, the monsters on the top often
    regenerate. You'll find Dremora, Dremora Lords, and Golden Saints outside,
    all of which may be armed with valuable gear, provided you're strong enough
    to kill them. Don't forget to Soul Trap the Golden Saints, too. They're
    the best souls you can get.

    "Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message
    >> damn, i thought it would be an unlimited source of income. heh.
    >> well, back to pillaging. ;p
    >
    > There are plenty of other unlimited income sources.

    There are also a few places scattered around that regenerate a high-level
    baddie every time you enter them. There's one in Tel Vos, and another in
    Berandas stronghold. You don't always get a golden saint or a dremora lord,
    but sometimes you do.

    But when I need a gold boost, I often go to the dark brotherhood lair in the
    Mournhold sewer and collect armor. You can get enough in one trip to sell
    $10K worth to the armorer gal in the great bizarre. Do that a few days in a
    row, and you're set.

    The fun thing about that is that after a while, she's got about 50 sets.
    Then if you get a high ticket item like an ebony curass that nobody has the
    money to buy, you sell it to her, and buy back a stack of the armor at the
    same time until you're down to her 10K limit. Then you sell the armor to
    her again over the next few days. Of course this works even better with the
    mudcrab if you can get there and back easily.

    Cheers,
    Walt

    > Then you sell the armor to
    > her again over the next few days. Of course this works even better with
    the
    > mudcrab if you can get there and back easily.

    Two words. Mark. Recall. I've had my Marker on the mudcrab's island ever
    since I first found him. It's not only a great way to make cash, but by
    using a Recall followed by Intervention spells, it's a really quick way to
    get to Molag Mar, Vivec, or Ebonheart from anywhere in the world. (Almsivi
    from the island goes to Molag Mar, but go just a few steps to the east and
    you'll end up in Vivec.) Also, it's a short jaunt up the coast to Telasero,
    giving you access to all the Dunmer strongholds if you have the Indeces.
    I'm thinking a house mod set up on the mudcrab's island would be a really
    cool idea...

    Where do you sell these assassin-swords worth 48000?
    I haven't seen any merchant having that kind of money.

    /Allan

    Allan wrote:
    > Where do you sell these assassin-swords worth 48000?
    > I haven't seen any merchant having that kind of money.

    sell cheaper weapons to the weapon shop in Mournhold
    Wait 24 hours until the shopkeeper has 10000 gold pieces again
    sell more cheaper weapons and wait 24 hours until the shopkeeper has
    enough weapons in exchange for your expensive weapon
    wait another 24 hours and resell the cheaper weapons and so on
    i got more than 1.8 million bucks by doing so
    Guido

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:18:23 +0100, Guido Hörster
    <Guido_Hoerster@t-online.de> wrote:

    >Allan wrote:
    >> Where do you sell these assassin-swords worth 48000?
    >> I haven't seen any merchant having that kind of money.
    >>
    >sell cheaper weapons to the weapon shop in Mournhold
    >Wait 24 hours until the shopkeeper has 10000 gold pieces again
    >sell more cheaper weapons and wait 24 hours until the shopkeeper has
    >enough weapons in exchange for your expensive weapon
    >wait another 24 hours and resell the cheaper weapons and so on
    >i got more than 1.8 million bucks by doing so
    >Guido

    ya, you can do the same thing with the mudcrab too. it was funny,
    everytime i would rest on his island, i would be attacked by the
    assassins making more stuff for me to sell. heh.

    Mydnight

    --------------------
    thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:07:19 -0500, "Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so>
    wrote:

    >Two words. Mark. Recall. I've had my Marker on the mudcrab's island ever
    >since I first found him. It's not only a great way to make cash, but by
    >using a Recall followed by Intervention spells, it's a really quick way to
    >get to Molag Mar, Vivec, or Ebonheart from anywhere in the world. (Almsivi
    >from the island goes to Molag Mar, but go just a few steps to the east and
    >you'll end up in Vivec.) Also, it's a short jaunt up the coast to Telasero,
    >giving you access to all the Dunmer strongholds if you have the Indeces.
    >I'm thinking a house mod set up on the mudcrab's island would be a really
    >cool idea...

    In all this time I've been playing this game I have _never_ found the
    Mudcrab! I found Creeper fairly early and have home-brewed a mod that
    gave him 50000 cash per day so money is essentially no object and I
    can get on with the game.

    Still haven't found Mudcrab though - and I've won the main game and
    both add-ons as well as finishing innumerable mod quests...kinda liked
    the finish to Suran Underworld - maybe with my next character I should
    redo that one and take another branch.

    I've tried doing various werewolf quests but found myself far weaker
    than I am now - maybe the equivalent of level 10 max.

    I've done vampires but never as part of one of the 'houses' so maybe
    that's somewhere to go next - in my present game I have finished
    Bloodmoon but have not gone far enough with the main quest to catch
    corpus yet so maybe there's something to try...

    > In all this time I've been playing this game I have _never_ found the
    > Mudcrab!

    Go to the Dwemer ruins of Mzahnch, east of Vivec. (It's labelled on the
    paper map.) From that island, go one more island to the east, and that is
    the Mudcrab's home. The two islands are very close, and the water between
    them is shallow enough to walk through. Unlike Creeper, the Mudcrab looks
    just like any ordinary mudcrab (the name you see when you mouse-over him is
    just "Mudcrab"), so it's very easy to kill him by mistake if you don't know
    it's him.

    Guido Hörster" <Guido_Hoerster@t-online.de> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Allan wrote:
    >> Where do you sell these assassin-swords worth 48000?
    >> I haven't seen any merchant having that kind of money.
    >>
    > sell cheaper weapons to the weapon shop in Mournhold
    > Wait 24 hours until the shopkeeper has 10000 gold pieces again
    > sell more cheaper weapons and wait 24 hours until the shopkeeper has
    > enough weapons in exchange for your expensive weapon
    > wait another 24 hours and resell the cheaper weapons and so on
    > i got more than 1.8 million bucks by doing so
    > Guido

    Thanks for the advice :-)
    By the way, how long did it take to reach to 1,8 million???? (just a curious
    question :-)

    /Allan

Games Video Games