Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

slow 7800gt?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 11, 2006 12:28:28 AM

i ran 3DMark05 today, the setting is 1027X768 no AA no AF. i got 5824. i saw on the tomshardware website, their 7800gt score over 7000 at the same setting. i check my GPU, the temp is at 50C, not high, right? also, the memeory is 470/ 1100, it is overclocked by evga, not myself. why is my score very low? any one have any idea? help!!!!! :cry: 

More about : slow 7800gt

August 11, 2006 12:39:05 AM

Quote:
i ran 3DMark05 today, the setting is 1027X768 no AA no AF. i got 5824. i saw on the tomshardware website, their 7800gt score over 7000 at the same setting. i check my GPU, the temp is at 50C, not high, right? also, the memeory is 470/ 1100, it is overclocked by evga, not myself. why is my score very low? any one have any idea? help!!!!! :cry: 


Unless you have the same system THG used your score will not be the same. Try using the latest Nvidia driver 7.1.3.1

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
August 11, 2006 12:39:16 AM

What kind of CPU do you have, what motherboard are you using and how much RAM do you have? I have two 7800GTs, the same model too; with SLI disabled I score just under 8000 points on 3DMark05.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 11, 2006 12:47:10 AM

A couple things:
1) What is your complete system setup? Something else might be bottlecking the GPU, such as the CPU or RAM.
2) Have you tried reinstalling Windows? You might have viruses/spyware.
August 11, 2006 2:00:25 AM

ok, here is my system: AMD venice 3500+ @ 2.48 (OC) temp full load at 45C
RAM OCZ Plantinum @ 230 1GB PC4200 2X512 dual)
Motherboard: MSI Neo4 K8N Plantinum (not the SLI Version)
Video Card evga 7800gt 470/1100 temp @50C
I don't have virus and adware, just check with spyspweeper and avast.
any idea? i want to cry!!!!! :cry:  :cry: 
August 11, 2006 7:05:08 AM

OK , I have the same Motherboard , my video card in not as overclock as yours ( 450/1050MHz ) but my 3DMark 2005 Score is 7516 ...
so problem can be one of these :
1- Fisrt of all , what is your power supply ?? a GeForce 7800GT needs at least 20Amp on 12V rail ...
2- check your graphic card`s setting . ( maybe the antialiasing is set to 4X and you didnt notice !)
3- try to install a fresh windows XP with Service Pack 2 ( this will solve a lot of problems )
4- use the lastest driver for your Graphic card & Mother Board ...
everything else in your system looks fine ...
August 11, 2006 10:45:10 AM

Quote:
OK , I have the same Motherboard , my video card in not as overclock as yours ( 450/1050MHz ) but my 3DMark 2005 Score is 7516 ...
so problem can be one of these :
1- Fisrt of all , what is your power supply ?? a GeForce 7800GT needs at least 20Amp on 12V rail ...
2- check your graphic card`s setting . ( maybe the antialiasing is set to 4X and you didnt notice !)
3- try to install a fresh windows XP with Service Pack 2 ( this will solve a lot of problems )
4- use the lastest driver for your Graphic card & Mother Board ...
everything else in your system looks fine ...


1. my PSU is Ultra X-connect 500W, it is 20-Pin instead of 24 pin( is this matter?)
2. i did turn off everything in my Nvidia graphic control panel, i am 100% Antialiasing and others is not set on 4X 2X or what ever.
3. this Pc is upgrade from my old XP 3200+, the only thing didn't change is the Harddrive, and i haven't reinstall my Windows xp yet...no time.. i will do it during weekend.
4. my Graphic card driver is at latest, 91.xx version. and The bios of motherboard is up to date.
:cry:  hope i can solve the problem with a fresh windows install... thanks

also, my graphic card have a part #:evga 256-P2-N519-AX i only see N516, N517 and N518 on the evga website, what's wrong?
August 11, 2006 11:55:25 AM

Quote:
i ran 3DMark05 today, the setting is 1027X768 no AA no AF. i got 5824. i saw on the tomshardware website, their 7800gt score over 7000 at the same setting. i check my GPU, the temp is at 50C, not high, right? also, the memeory is 470/ 1100, it is overclocked by evga, not myself. why is my score very low? any one have any idea? help!!!!! :cry: 


That has GOT to hurt, my 6800LE that has been Unlocked and clocked at GT speeds gets 5003 with a 3.6ghz Northwood and 512mb RAM.


Sorry i couldn't be any help, seems like a very strange problem to me.
August 11, 2006 3:56:46 PM

I have asus 7800gt o/c to 466mhz core and 1130mhz memory. My 3dMk05 score is 7650 (almost identical score to someone above with 7800gt).

I have athlon 3500+ venice (o/c to 2.43), 2gb of cheap ram and a crappy a8n-vm (crappy because it doesn't allow much overclocking). Monitor resolution is standard 1280 x 1024.

I would also add that I don't recommend people build or drastically modify their pc unless they really know what they are doing (ie. currently do it or have done it full time for a living). That is best left to the professionals for best results.
August 11, 2006 5:22:56 PM

Quote:
my PSU is Ultra X-connect 500W, it is 20-Pin instead of 24 pin( is this matter?)

Hey I Said 20AMP :roll: on The 12V Rail... Maybe some one can explain it better than me...
If your power supply generate less than 20Amp ,your Graphic Card will suffer and shows less Frame Rate ,and less 3DMark2005 score... :evil: 
Quote:
this Pc is upgrade from my old XP 3200+, the only thing didn't change is the Harddrive, and i haven't reinstall my Windows xp yet...

Holy S**T !
man ,i install a new windows every month :twisted:
thats TOO bad ,install a new windows as soon as possible ... :evil: 
August 12, 2006 10:19:08 PM

the x-connect 500w is only 5 dollar after rebate (i already got it). i didn't pay too much attension to the PSU. Big mistake!!! :cry:  :cry: 
i am reinstall my system now!!!! (just come back from school, ROCT stuff....) God!~~~save me!!! Don't destroy my hope....
August 13, 2006 5:00:31 PM

thanks guys.. problem solved...i put a 20 to 24 pin power, and reinstall my OS. now my scroe is 7620...haha
August 13, 2006 6:18:57 PM

Quote:
hanks guys.. problem solved...i put a 20 to 24 pin power, and reinstall my OS. now my scroe is 7620...haha

That`s The Good News :D 
August 13, 2006 10:25:03 PM

try running 3dmark05 at resolution of 1280 x 1024 (standard resolution).
August 13, 2006 10:31:26 PM

Quote:
try running 3dmark05 at resolution of 1280 x 1024 (standard resolution).


The standard resolution for most people benchmarking in 3dmark05 is 1024 x 768 not 1280 x 1024.
August 13, 2006 11:47:51 PM

yes you are right.
August 14, 2006 12:28:16 AM

I'm running a much slower system, where did you get the X-Connect for $5??? I've been needing a new one.

~Ibrahim~
August 14, 2006 12:34:09 AM

Quote:
try running 3dmark05 at resolution of 1280 x 1024 (standard resolution).
You have to buy a license to run 3DMark05 above 1024x768.
August 15, 2006 1:29:40 PM

Quote:
You have to buy a license to run 3DMark05 above 1024x768.

No,you dont have to . you just need to download the crack of this program !
if you like to ,give me your e-mail & i will send you the registration code... :twisted:
August 15, 2006 1:31:35 PM

Quote:
You have to buy a license to run 3DMark05 above 1024x768.

No,you dont have to . you just need to download the crack of this program !
if you like to ,give me your e-mail & i will send you the registration code... :twisted:

Yes but a crack is illegal, and some of us here could lose our jobs from being caught using illegal software.

Nevermind the massive fine that you can get.
August 15, 2006 1:38:47 PM

Quote:
Yes but a crack is illegal, and some of us here could lose our jobs from being caught using illegal software.

Oh , Sorry :oops: 
My Bad...
August 15, 2006 1:52:19 PM

Quote:
Yes but a crack is illegal, and some of us here could lose our jobs from being caught using illegal software.

Oh , Sorry :oops: 
My Bad...

Yeah i don't mind people using them, just be careful. Never use pirated software that connects to the internet.
August 15, 2006 3:50:00 PM

Quote:
Never use pirated software that connects to the internet.

Don`t worry about me . i live in some kind of country that here there is no Copyright Law ...every one in this country use only one serial number for their windows XP SP2 ,last week i bought a collection of 10DVD programs (photoshop,auto cad,maya,Nero 7,etc) for only 5$ ( all full version and cracked ) :twisted:
my brother works in some kind of program selling market.you should go there, you wont belive the prices !! :twisted: Dont ask about games prices (almost free)
August 15, 2006 6:01:58 PM

Quote:
Never use pirated software that connects to the internet.

Don`t worry about me . i live in some kind of country that here there is no Copyright Law ...every one in this country use only one serial number for their windows XP SP2 ,last week i bought a collection of 10DVD programs (photoshop,auto cad,maya,Nero 7,etc) for only 5$ ( all full version and cracked ) :twisted:
my brother works in some kind of program selling market.you should go there, you wont belive the prices !! :twisted: Dont ask about games prices (almost free)

Where do you live, Taiwan/Thailand/Korea?
August 15, 2006 6:35:39 PM

Quote:
Where do you live, Taiwan/Thailand/Korea?

Don`t Ask :oops: 
Just For You To Know SomeWhere in Middle-East ... :oops: 
August 15, 2006 9:43:22 PM

Quote:
Where do you live, Taiwan/Thailand/Korea?

Don`t Ask :oops: 
Just For You To Know SomeWhere in Middle-East ... :oops: 

I live in the United Kingdom, we are very strict on copyright laws etc. MASSIVE fines can be given even if you have only pirated a $40 piece of software!
August 15, 2006 9:53:18 PM

overclocking -- px7800gt why don't you o/c your 7800gt higher than 450?
August 16, 2006 4:46:58 AM

Quote:
MASSIVE fines can be given even if you have only pirated a $40 piece of software!

so i recommand you come to our country & buy some cracked software :twisted:
i have a friend in california ,i sent him a collection of 20DVD softwares & about 30 DVD games ,& 20 DVD films for about $30 :twisted:
Quote:
overclocking -- px7800gt why don't you o/c your 7800gt higher than 450?

because the core temp in NFS : most wanted is allready 70c :( 
i think i must get a new cooler for my video card before i can go more than 450MHz... :(  what do you think ?
August 16, 2006 12:29:26 PM

70C is a tad hot, but not something that you should be overly worried about. By saying Middle-East, I would guess the ambient temps are probably hotter as well, so an after-market cooler may be better....

~Ibrahim~
August 16, 2006 12:48:52 PM

px7800gt, I have my 7800gt clocked to 'just' 466mhz at std res. 1280 x 1024. (mem is about 1130mhz). The games I been playing the last 8 months haven't been particularly graphically demanding, all being a good few years old (heroes of might&magicIII, dungeon keeper2, medieval:total war, red baron, combat mission and invictus). For o/clocking I just used coolbits software to detect optimal settings (it considered 466mhz to be optimal). Temps are not more than 50c, although I not been checking too often. The real test for me will be with the release of forthcoming games such as medieval2:total war and maddox's battle of britain. 466mhz seems to be about the limit for 7800gt's although later in its life I might see if I can get it to go higher, I'll probably use rivaTuner for that. It says the max safe temp for my card is 115 degrees c, so 70c doesn't seem particularly hot.
August 16, 2006 1:07:07 PM

Quote:
so i recommand you come to our country & buy some cracked software


You are a thief, and you encourage others to steal. Your parents must be SO proud of you.
August 16, 2006 3:02:45 PM

@david

Usually, you can get a good bit more OC from what they detect as "optimal", yet they are a very good starting point.

~Ibrahim~
August 16, 2006 4:53:48 PM

I will try and push it further, but only when I need to. When I was first testing it for overclocking capability, I pushed it past 466mhz but 'thought' I was getting artifacts in game, so I put it down to 466mhz. However I may have been mistaken but didn't really want to risk destroying so soon the most expensive part of my computer!
August 16, 2006 4:54:00 PM

Quote:
so i recommand you come to our country & buy some cracked software


You are a thief, and you encourage others to steal. Your parents must be SO proud of you.

Word.
August 17, 2006 6:29:18 AM

Quote:
You are a thief, and you encourage others to steal. Your parents must be SO proud of you.

I`m not a thief :evil: 
This is not stealing ,the prices here are too low ... that`s all :( 
!