ANyone have a BIOSTAR TForce6100-939?

forthill

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
Hi.
I want to purchase this motherboard and pair it up with a AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ cpu.

Issue is that I have an Antec True Power PSU (430W) with a 20-pin power connector. I'd prefer to not purchase a new 24-pin (or 20+4-pin) PSU just yet as I will be using the boards integrated graphics for now.

I'd like to know of those that have this motherboard do you also have a 24-pin PSU? Do any of you run the board with a 20-pin PSU (alone or with one of those 20-to-24-pin adapters)?

My Antec 430W only outputs +12V@20A, Would this be enough if I'm only using the onboard integrated graphics (as well as typical stuff such as a hd, CD drive, DVD, floppy, etc) ?

Thanks.
forthill

I have one.... pretty good board. Never had a problem with it. I purchased it right after they came out. Stopped using it about 6 mo.s' ago when I replaced it with an sli board. Now it sits in the closet waiting for re-birth.

I had a 3700 amd chipset in it, a 7800gt video card, and the usual goodies. Along the way it had two different power supplies in it. One was a 500 watt Ultra, with the cables that plug into it so you only use what you need.

The other was a generic brand aftermarket power supply called a fsp group inc..... whatever the hell that is. It was either a 4 or 450 watt supply with 18 amps on the 12volt. Never had a problem running the machine with it in there. The suppy you have should be better than that one.

You shouldn't need to worry..............use it.

Both the supplies had a 20 pin hook-up.... Can't remember, but I think I had to plug the extra, square, four pin plug into the board too. Should tell you in the book.

victor6

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
I have one of these ... great board. I bumped up my Athlon X2 3800+ to 2.4GHz without any problems. I'm running one of those ThermalTake 430 watt units that Newegg always has on sale / rebate. Runs great!

I'd get a 20 -> 24pin adapter just to be safe.

Good luck,

Victor

TRENDING THREADS