BEST watercooling system for my e6600? Orderin 2nite!!

crewxp

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
Hey, sorry about the probably asked a million time topic, but I'm trying to get all my parts ordered between now and tomorrow.

But anyways, I just ordered my e6600, ships tomorrow. But I was wondering what's the best watercooling system for my e6600 system? Money really isnt an option now, as long as its not TOO expensive.

This is going to be my first system with watercooling, so I need as much help as I can get. :(. I mainly want it for performance (overclocking), but SILENCE is a priority. My pc now is way too loud.

So what all will I need?

Anyways, thanks again.

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
well for the past 2 days im been researching water cooling for hours and hours on end, with 10 google pages open at once.. and i have surmized that the Asetek Waterchill is the best option. there are differnt levels of performance and price and this link will help u choose which one u want

http://www.kit-tronics.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=151

i was reading reviews on the Asetek WaterChill KT03A-12VX, and the testers showed that when a system was under pressure a zalman air cooling unit had the systen down to 70c when this water cooling system had it at 46... overall this system came in 3rd place, though the one in first cant be bought yet, it can only be bought in russia... and second one is nearly 400 and is a waste of money. (and it only varies 1 degree from the second one..)

so either spend 200, 300 or 400.. depending on what performance you want there are slightly different models that can be found on the link i posted.. anyways have fun :D

*btw make sure it fits ur socket.. the LGA 775

oshox

Distinguished
May 6, 2006
I've been doing research as well, and what I've found is that kits are mostly a bad idea. DIY parts are available and will give you the best performance. I recommend reading this post over at extremeoverclockers, they have a lot of really useful information.
One thing to keep in mind: While the guide highly recommends the heater core-type radiator, they are not the best choice for those building silent PC's. Specially made radiators are built to be used with lower-CFM fans, and will still give great performance. The Black Ice Stealth GT has been recommended to me, and seems like a good choice. Although single-pass radiators are typically superior to two-pass radiators, the X-Flows are not. Avoid them.
This article at silentpcreview is a great resource to help you pick out the fans to go with your radiator.