What should I do?

Total: 10 votes (1 blank vote)

• Refund M2N-SLI Deluxe, get M2N32-SLI Deluxe
  • 89 %
  • Replace M2N-SLI Deluxe and no M2N32-SLI Deluxe
  • 12 %
August 11, 2006 1:42:09 AM

Alright heres the deal:

I read some reviews on the M2N32-SLI Deluxe and it appears to be pretty good. I have my M2N-SLI Deluxe but will RMA it either for a refund or replacement(heat pipe problem). If I refund it, I'd have to talk to Newegg to get rid of the 15% restocking fee in exchange of me spending 60 more bucks.

What should I do?
August 11, 2006 2:19:37 PM

I need more than 1 vote. :) 
August 11, 2006 6:51:24 PM

I RMAed the M2N-SLI and ordered the M2N32-SLI. :) 
Related resources
August 14, 2006 4:58:28 AM

niice, ild have done the same, especially for the 590 chipset and it seems (for the bandwith of the PCI-E slots) thats its a board that will last you enough.
August 14, 2006 1:32:39 PM

you should buy the ASUS CROSSHAIR Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI
August 15, 2006 6:13:25 PM

I own a socket AM2 M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition and it runs pretty steady so far. Some people have trouble with the on-board audio and the wireless connection, but I have had trouble with neither. I chose to use my old SB Live! card from years ago and my wireless connection was just fine with my old D-Link card (signal is still excellent when using on-board). One thing I don't really like is the setup of the board itself. Everything seems pretty crammed in there. The heat pipes seem like a good idea, but when they disipate all the heat from the board, everything else inside my case heats up, too. Keep in mind that I am running 4 fans on the case alone already. My CPU and Mobo run at a steady 38 degrees C under no load. It tends to raise about 6 or 7 degrees C when I utilize my 7900 GTX for gaming. If you are trying to run SLI, make sure you don't need to use more than one PCI slot or you will run out of room. Also, this board needs to use the best RAM available, which is not much of a problem seeing how you won't need to upgrade for a few years after you purchase. I am currently using 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS 240-pin DDR2 800 (C4). I give it my vote, but only because I haven't had any problems yet....as long as I can game, I can't complain.
August 15, 2006 11:30:56 PM

Okay, my system just kicked me out of Half Life 2 and reboot a few seconds later. This forum is starting to scare me :( 
August 16, 2006 12:20:05 AM

I'm not going to use onboard sound, I got a sound blaster audigy that will work. Wireless, I'll probobly use with eithernet and switch between the 2 sometimes. :) 

I got the board today and it looks awsome. Will that fancy Zalman HS+fan work on this board?
August 16, 2006 4:16:16 AM

It might. It depends on what setup you have. If you are running a PCI ex-16 card, you may not be able to fit it in there. Also, you may have to move your RAM to the outside slots. I'm not sure what the diameter of your Zalman HS is. Can I assume you are using the 'flowers in bloom' design? Oh yeah, you might run into some trouble fitting it in there with both motherboard heat sinks as tall and close as they are. It's going to be a tight squeeze either way. Mine case is already crammed with just the stock HS + Fan. In fact, I had to move my RAM to the outside slots because I wanted to keep them cooler.
August 16, 2006 4:50:30 PM

This is off topic, but when you first got your mobo did you have any issues with it? I have the same mobo as you, exactly, and when I start my PC it will turn on for about 2-4 seconds, then power off. Do you have any insight for something like this?
August 16, 2006 8:52:22 PM

Could be anything. I know that's not the answer you wanted, but it really could be anything. I would double check the connections, then make sure that you are using the right power supply (i.e. enough wattage). It's also possible that a component could be bad in your PS (that has happened to me before). Normally a system would start up and then beep and shutdown, but I wouldn't put it outside of the realm of possibility that it just shuts off. UNLESS YOU HAVE A BAD BOARD. If that is the case, then try visually inspecting the board and look for burn marks anywhere, or seperated components. Sometimes you won't even be able to see a bad component, that's when you need to send it back to the manufacturer and let them test it. In answer to your question, yes I did have issues with my sytem, but probably not my mobo. At least not as far as I could tell. At first I couldn't load XP Pro w/SP1 onto my PATA drive. For some reason the files would not copy from the CD and I couldn't install. Then, I switched hard drives and loaded onto my SATA drive and it had no problems at all. I have no clue why. I've had the board for a month now and I have had to reformat once. I think it was a driver issue with NVIDIA (my fault completely). I am going to give it another month and if I don't have problems I will keep it. Should more problems arise, I will call up Asus and chew them out and see if I can RMA through Newegg.com
August 16, 2006 9:59:08 PM

I have a case with USB plugs on the front. Since the wireless card hogs a USB port can I still use the plugs on the front?
August 17, 2006 3:26:15 AM

I'm not looking to overclock so what kind of ram should i get plz?
August 17, 2006 5:30:00 AM

Elki,

I'm not sure how to say this, but this particular board has been picky with RAM. To tell the truth, I only bout the Corasir XMS DDR2 800 RAM because most folks were telling me that the mobo would work best with that RAM. If you go lower than that, I would make sure to go into the BIOS before loading Windows and making sure the frequencies matched your RAM, but even then it may not work. In fact, I called Corsair and made sure that THAT EXACT RAM would be compatible with that board, and sure as hell THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD. If you aren't sure, just call them up like I did and they should be able to tell you if it has had any issues.

P.S.

Corsair Tech Assistance was quick to get ahold of. Hope the same goes with you if you decide to do so.
August 17, 2006 5:34:48 AM

adam,

There are extra mobo plugs for USB, but they are in the back of the board. If you have wires that can stretch all the way back there from the front of your case, you should be okay, but that's a lot of real estate. That's also assuming you don't plan on running a PCI-E 1x card next to a PCI-E 16x card...otherwise you will might get a little more crammed than I already am.
August 20, 2006 8:41:53 PM

I looked at the manual and it shows a usb pin connector on the lower midboard where you connect the case connectors.
August 20, 2006 9:21:40 PM

If you are going to use SLI and want to overclock get the M2N32-SLI Deluxe and if you don,t get the M2N-SLI.
August 21, 2006 8:05:33 PM

I have this board and the recommended ram. There were 10 usb connections available on the board to begin with but the onboard wireless takes up two of them..So if our math is correct that leaves 8. My wireless installed just fine and works. I havnt had any hickups yet but haven't tried any ocing. I am running a AM2 4000+ w/2gig corsair C4 ram. I did have two human errors durring the install. One was my ram was not fully seated so the board beeped at me when I booted. The next was I forgot to plug in the power wires to the dvd drive. niether problem was serious. As far the the sound goes, I'm not an audiophile so I couldnt tell the difference between this or any other good quaility sound. Sounds great to me. :D 
August 23, 2006 9:38:47 AM

Quote:
I own a socket AM2 M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition and it runs pretty steady so far. Some people have trouble with the on-board audio and the wireless connection, but I have had trouble with neither. I chose to use my old SB Live! card from years ago and my wireless connection was just fine with my old D-Link card (signal is still excellent when using on-board). One thing I don't really like is the setup of the board itself. Everything seems pretty crammed in there. The heat pipes seem like a good idea, but when they disipate all the heat from the board, everything else inside my case heats up, too. Keep in mind that I am running 4 fans on the case alone already. My CPU and Mobo run at a steady 38 degrees C under no load. It tends to raise about 6 or 7 degrees C when I utilize my 7900 GTX for gaming. If you are trying to run SLI, make sure you don't need to use more than one PCI slot or you will run out of room. Also, this board needs to use the best RAM available, which is not much of a problem seeing how you won't need to upgrade for a few years after you purchase. I am currently using 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS 240-pin DDR2 800 (C4). I give it my vote, but only because I haven't had any problems yet....as long as I can game, I can't complain.

my experiences with this board have been very similar with this guy.

same temps, and opted for good memory, Got some XMS corsairs and I have been very happy with the setup
August 25, 2006 3:16:33 AM

You are correct, Adam. And I meant PCI exclusively. I just took another glance at my setup and I think you can pull it off. Most cases come with USB wires that are about a foot and a half long. That should be long enough in your case. Like I said, it won't be a clean looking assembly. That may not matter to you, though.
!