High-Port Density Managed Ethernet Switch for Telecom Appl..

GARRETTCOM'S NEW 32-PORT MODULAR MANAGED ETHERNET SWITCH TARGETS
TELECOMS APPLICATIONS

Versatile Magnum 6K32 Switch Offers up to 32 Copper Ports or
Copper/Fiber Combo with 10/100 or Gb in 1U Rack Mount Housing

Fremont, Calif. – GarrettCom™ Inc.'s new Magnum™ 6K32 Managed Switch
offers a new level of port density for telecoms equipment
manufacturers who face having to pack more and more gear into tight
rack space in telecom central offices. With 32 ports in only 1U of 19"
or ETSI or 23" Telco rack space, larger communications systems can fit
into existing floor space. The switch will be featured at
GarrettCom's booth at SUPERCOMM, the annual exhibition and conference
for communication service providers and private network managers. June
22-24 at McCormick Place in Chicago .

The switch has 24 fixed copper ports and room for one configurable
module that allows for 20 port-type combinations including up to 2 Gb
or 8 100Mb fiber ports. The Magnum 6K32 Managed Switch comes with
Managed Networks Software (MNS-6K) that provides "big switch" network
management features including software and hardware alarm relay
contacts, standards-compatible self-healing rings and meshes, QoS
prioritization, and a wide array of security features such as
authentication and encryption.

Magnum 6K32's are ideal for building switched LAN
infrastructure in applications connected to communications computers.
A companion to the un-managed 40-port Magnum 4K220, the versatile 6K32
adds management and NEBS compliance while preserving Ethernet
interoperability. Designed for use in Carrier Class and Industrial
networks with segments requiring Gigabit backbone interconnections
among network centers, the Magnum 6K32 is easy to install and operate.
Addresses of attached nodes are automatically learned and maintained,
adapting the switching services to network changes and expansions to
provide plug-and-play operation.

The Magnum 6K32 Switch is part of a broad family line of off-the-shelf
switches, and is available in a variety of DC and AC power models,
including the dual source -48V DC power input that is standard in most
telecoms facilities. The rack mount units may have ports and LEDs in
the front, or utilize a "reverse" model with LEDs in front but ports,
cables and power connectors in the rear. GarrettCom's 6K series of
managed switches are designed for heavy duty applications and are NEBS
and ETSI rated.

"Demands on telecommunications companies are increasing, but
equipment space remains at a premium. GarrettCom's space-efficient,
modular Magnum switches provide dense Ethernet connectivity and
sophisticated network management capability in a package that fits
neatly into the space constraints of communications centers and other
industrial facilities," said Frank Madren, GarrettCom President.

"The combination of high port density and a 1U package, which fits
easily into our limited depth 19" rack, makes the 6K32 an ideal
solution for building the network infrastructure in many of our
military and commercial secure communications applications" said,
Marcus Hardy, Product Manager, Steatite, Ltd., UK. "The G-bit
performance and configuration flexibility that the Magnum 6K Series
offers allow us to implement robust communications backbones that
support the traffic our customers require."

The Magnum 6K32 allows telecommunications companies to combine copper
connectivity for their banks of computers in communications cabinets
with fiber's inherent noise immunity and extended distance support for
high-speed backbones. The Magnum 6K32 Switch offers the same modular
convenience as other GarrettCom products and optionally uses the small
form factor (SFF) fiber ports to provide 100 Mb fiber at the same port
density as RJ-45 connectors. Unlike other managed switches available
with extended NEBS-compliant temperature specifications, the Magnum
6K32 offers per-port configurability for RJ-45 connectors and 10 Mb
fiber as well as the full range of 100 Mb fiber connectors: ST, SC,
MTRJ, and LC.

The Magnum 6K32 Managed Fiber Switch offers MNS-6K for a complete
range of management services to support industrial installations,
including Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv1) monitoring,
SNMPv3 manager access authentication and password encryption for
mission-critical security, Telnet and TFTP remote management, port
mirroring for network troubleshooting, port security for intruder
protection, and SNTP network timekeeping. All Magnum 6K switches come
with redundancy support including STP and RSTP, and GarrettCom's
standards-based S-Ring™ technology for high-speed fault detection and
correction in an average of 0.25 second. The Magnum 6K32 Switch with
MNS-6K offers easy integration into existing networks with standard
LAN management features.

More information can be found at http://www.GarrettCom.com/6k32.htm

mktg@garrettcom.com wrote:
> GARRETTCOM'S NEW 32-PORT MODULAR MANAGED ETHERNET SWITCH TARGETS
> TELECOMS APPLICATIONS

And we watch GARRETTCOM sink under the load of spam complaints :) Bye bye!

( the actual spam removed as it's interests is on the same level as
nigeia-letters and junkpill scams)

--
Peter Håkanson

mktg@garrettcom.com wrote:
> GARRETTCOM'S NEW 32-PORT MODULAR MANAGED ETHERNET SWITCH TARGETS
> TELECOMS APPLICATIONS
>
> Versatile Magnum 6K32 Switch Offers up to 32 Copper Ports or
> Copper/Fiber Combo with 10/100 or Gb in 1U Rack Mount Housing

3Com's new product line includes a switch that does 48x 10/100/1000 plus
2GBIC in 1u with an additional 2 module slots, both supporting up to
10gigE ;-)