Small Case Question

Seifer

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'm looking to get a new case...Looking for a Full Towere or Mid Tower ATX case. My price range is 120$ (excludeing Shipping. I want to get the best AirFlow period. It would be nice to have Dials on it telling me tempatures fanspeed....Preferabbly Black or Silver.

burn-e86

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
first what do you mean system controlled? do you mean a fan control unit or actually changing the speed of the fan from windows (or other OS)?
if its the former what model, if the latter i dont think its possible, you could go the cheap way and put a viriable resistor on the cable to change its speed...though i dont really know if this actually works

2nd, for your case the "Dials on it telling me tempatures fanspeed" dont often come with the case, unless its quite a high priced one. just get a fan controller and put it in one of the 5.25" drives. also does your 120 include a PSU? if not then do you need a PSU as well?
i like the P180, looks kinda like a fridge but comes in either black or silver. has good airflow because it is all compartmentalized and is very quiet costs 124.99 on newegg.com
although some ppl say that its pretty big from what i've gathered

Seifer

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I already have a PSU antec neohe 500watt And I mean the Fans hook up to the mobo somehow Seen some pics on some reviews that were like that. I will be doing case modding to add more fans...

mcgreek

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
calm down its only 12 on the east coast so the rest of the US is still sleeping or just waking up

but sometimes on newegg theres a description telling u of a temp gauge on the case but like its said above those are on the more exspensive cases

but in the bios u can tell how hot your mobo and cpu are

and for good airflow just look at reviews on newegg cause most people that buy a case that has good airflow will be like "this is an excellent case and has great airflow" or "this case sucks and has horrible airflow"