Overall reddish prints

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 22, 2005 1:33:23 PM

I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo Paper.
On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures were
reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All pictures
were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem with camera
and screen color.

Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color level
from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures were still
reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what is the
problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head? Need your
help. Satoshi

More about : reddish prints

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 5:01:38 PM

When I looked at ink cartridges, PM (photomagenta) ink was consumed too
much.
The problem seems to be associated with the too much flow of PM.
Is there anyway to prevent flow of PM ink? Satoshi

"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
>I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
>Paper. On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures
>were reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All
>pictures were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem
>with camera and screen color.
>
> Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color
> level from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures
> were still reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what
> is the problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head?
> Need your help. Satoshi

June 22, 2005 8:31:38 PM

"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
> I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
Paper.
> On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures were
> reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All pictures
> were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem with
camera
> and screen color.
>
> Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color
level
> from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures were
still
> reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what is the
> problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head? Need
your
> help. Satoshi

Have you created a profile for your printer, your inks, and your paper?
Did your print commands apply the profile twice?
Jim
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 8:36:41 PM

That overall pink cast often means color matching is being applied more than
once in your printing chain.
Canon's protocols for printing with Photoshop are not straightforward and
even if you understand how to use them you will soon realize that they are
terrible anyway.
The easiest way to print with Canon is to throw the Canon printer away and
buy an Epson.
If that is not practical when you are in print preview in Photoshop set the
"Profile" setting for Printer Color Management. Then set the Canon driver
for the paper type and for photographic quality (or you can experiment with
some other settings on the other driver tabs). The print preview should be
in approximately correct color. Alas, Canon printer drivers being what they
are, the final print will not likely resemble this as closely as it should.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 8:57:46 PM

Arte you using Canon OEM ink?

Satoshi wrote:

>I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo Paper.
>On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures were
>reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All pictures
>were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem with camera
>and screen color.
>
>Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color level
>from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures were still
>reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what is the
>problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head? Need your
>help. Satoshi

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 9:02:57 PM

bmoag wrote:

>That overall pink cast often means color matching is being applied more than
>once in your printing chain.
>Canon's protocols for printing with Photoshop are not straightforward and
>even if you understand how to use them you will soon realize that they are
>terrible anyway.

Photoshop and my Canon IP4000 using OEM ink and Costco/Kirkland Glossy
Photo Paper do a great job and produce fantastic results.

>The easiest way to print with Canon is to throw the Canon printer away and
>buy an Epson.

Bullshit

>If that is not practical when you are in print preview in Photoshop set the
>"Profile" setting for Printer Color Management. Then set the Canon driver
>for the paper type and for photographic quality (or you can experiment with
>some other settings on the other driver tabs). The print preview should be
>in approximately correct color. Alas, Canon printer drivers being what they
>are, the final print will not likely resemble this as closely as it should.

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 11:04:31 PM

"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
>I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
>Paper. On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed,
>pictures were reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on
>prints. (All pictures were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I
>don't see any problem with camera and screen color.
>
> Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed
> color level from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed
> pictures were still reddish, though less reddish this time. I am
> wondering what is the problem? Should I change magenta ink
> cartridge or print head? Need your help. Satoshi

For sure you are not double-profiling? There are at least two ways to
properly print:

- In PS > Print Preview: set Print Space to Printer Color Management.
Then in the printer driver, enable ICM.

- In PS > Print Preview: set Print Space to use a paper profile, then
in the printer driver disable ICM and make sure you use the same paper
as the paper profile.

However, I think I remember someone posting similar problems with
their i950 and so they then got a i9900 which printed fine. BUT, I
also remember at least one post about their i9900 prints being off -
Canon support determined it was a bad printer and indeed the
replacement was fine. So, there could be
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 11:04:52 PM

"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
> I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
Paper.
> On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures were
> reddish overall.

Find a test image off the web and use that to work out if the problem is
with your monitor calibration or the printer.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:45:17 AM

Are you using Canon OEM ink?

Satoshi wrote:

>When I looked at ink cartridges, PM (photomagenta) ink was consumed too
>much.
>The problem seems to be associated with the too much flow of PM.
>Is there anyway to prevent flow of PM ink? Satoshi
>

>"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
>

>>I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
>>Paper. On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures
>>were reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All
>>pictures were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem
>>with camera and screen color.
>>
>>Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color
>>level from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures
>>were still reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what
>>is the problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head?
>>Need your help. Satoshi

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 1:03:24 AM

OEM ink has nothing to do with this discussion. The i950 has a problem with
a red tint regardless of the ink or paper sources. I've seen this problem
with Canon ink as well as 3rd party. That's one of the reasons I prefer my
iP4000 over my i950.
--
Ron

"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
> Are you using Canon OEM ink?
>
> Satoshi wrote:
>
>>When I looked at ink cartridges, PM (photomagenta) ink was consumed too
>>much.
>>The problem seems to be associated with the too much flow of PM.
>>Is there anyway to prevent flow of PM ink? Satoshi
>>

>>"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
>>
>>>I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
>>>Paper. On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures
>>>were reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All
>>>pictures were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem
>>>with camera and screen color.
>>>
>>>Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color
>>>level from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures
>>>were still reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what
>>>is the problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head?
>>>Need your help. Satoshi

June 23, 2005 1:12:20 AM

> To state that they are exactly the same would have required evaluation with extremely
> sophisticated equipment.

Or a getto solution would be using a semi decent flat bed scanner
calibrated with a a decent color wheel or better still a color chart.
Sure it's not exact, esp taking into account it's harder to replace the
bulb with one you know is neutral than the olden days, but with enough
tweeking you can have a passable tool for color calibration and
something resembling quantitative color analysis. May not be perfect,
but at least a valuable tool to keep things consistant.
June 23, 2005 2:02:34 AM

You guys are hitting your heads against the wall. Copy your pictures on a CD
and take them to a friends house that has a HP printer and you will find
your color problem will be solved. Pete
news:o Diue.127255$a67.7010345@phobos.telenet-ops.be...

> "Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
> > I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
> Paper.
> > On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures were
> > reddish overall.
>
> Find a test image off the web and use that to work out if the problem is
> with your monitor calibration or the printer.

June 23, 2005 2:29:16 AM

Satoshi - The two light dye load inks, photo magenta and photo cyan, are
used up faster than the other inks under normal circumstances when printing
most photos. I have a Canon i960 and especially with pictures that have
people with skin tones that are more red than average I either adjust the
overall intensity to -4 or -6, or I adjust the magenta to a minus value that
gives the best print. I have seen one post that suggested -7 setting for
Magenta. Do not use the two higher quality paper settings - stay with the
glossy photo paper setting as you described. Print all pictures in manual
color setting. I found that the automatic setting came up very red. You
may or may not have to adjust the intensity or magenta as described above.
I use photoshop elements 2 and calibrated my monitor with the adobe gamma
program. When I first bought the printer I played with various settings and
papers to get the best color balance to my eye. When I started using
non-OEM inks I redid my tests and found that the test prints were comparable
to the OEM inks with every combination of settings and papers. I presently
use Costco Kirkland glossy photo paper with an aftermarket ink and the
settings I described above. Someone else answered your post with the
suggestion that you may have more than one software program trying to adjust
your colors. If the settings I suggested don't help[ then that may be your
problem.

"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
>I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
>Paper. On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures
>were reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All
>pictures were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem
>with camera and screen color.
>
> Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color
> level from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures
> were still reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what
> is the problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head?
> Need your help. Satoshi

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 2:56:20 AM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:01:38 -0600, "Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>When I looked at ink cartridges, PM (photomagenta) ink was consumed too
>much.
>The problem seems to be associated with the too much flow of PM.
>Is there anyway to prevent flow of PM ink? Satoshi

Yes, use colour management (but only once)>

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

The difference must be in the driver since ng readers claim that the ink
and the printhead is the same.

Ron Cohen wrote:

>OEM ink has nothing to do with this discussion. The i950 has a problem with
>a red tint regardless of the ink or paper sources. I've seen this problem
>with Canon ink as well as 3rd party. That's one of the reasons I prefer my
>iP4000 over my i950.

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 3:51:22 AM

Why not go to a progessional photo lab.

Pete wrote:

>You guys are hitting your heads against the wall. Copy your pictures on a CD
>and take them to a friends house that has a HP printer and you will find
>your color problem will be solved. Pete
>"CWatters" <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote in message
>news:o Diue.127255$a67.7010345@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
>

>>"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
>>

>>>I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
>>>

>>Paper.
>>

>>>On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures were
>>>reddish overall.
>>>

>>Find a test image off the web and use that to work out if the problem is
>>with your monitor calibration or the printer.

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 3:53:28 AM

Burt wrote:

>Satoshi - The two light dye load inks, photo magenta and photo cyan, are
>used up faster than the other inks under normal circumstances when printing
>most photos. I have a Canon i960 and especially with pictures that have
>people with skin tones that are more red than average I either adjust the
>overall intensity to -4 or -6, or I adjust the magenta to a minus value that
>gives the best print. I have seen one post that suggested -7 setting for
>Magenta. Do not use the two higher quality paper settings - stay with the
>glossy photo paper setting as you described. Print all pictures in manual
>color setting. I found that the automatic setting came up very red. You
>may or may not have to adjust the intensity or magenta as described above.
>I use photoshop elements 2 and calibrated my monitor with the adobe gamma
>program. When I first bought the printer I played with various settings and
>papers to get the best color balance to my eye. When I started using
>non-OEM inks I redid my tests and found that the test prints were comparable
>to the OEM inks with every combination of settings and papers.

I guess the word comparable does not mean nearly exact.

> I presently
>use Costco Kirkland glossy photo paper with an :-( aftermarket :-( ink and the
>settings I described above. Someone else answered your post with the
>suggestion that you may have more than one software program trying to adjust
>your colors. If the settings I suggested don't help[ then that may be your
>problem.
>
>"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
>

>>I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
>>Paper. On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures
>>were reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All
>>pictures were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem
>>with camera and screen color.
>>
>>Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color
>>level from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures
>>were still reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what
>>is the problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head?
>>Need your help. Satoshi

June 23, 2005 7:22:02 AM

> Burt wrote:
>
>>Satoshi - The two light dye load inks, photo magenta and photo cyan, are
>>used up faster than the other inks under normal circumstances when
>>printing most photos. I have a Canon i960 and especially with pictures
>>that have people with skin tones that are more red than average I either
>>adjust the overall intensity to -4 or -6, or I adjust the magenta to a
>>minus value that gives the best print. I have seen one post that
>>suggested -7 setting for Magenta. Do not use the two higher quality paper
>>settings - stay with the glossy photo paper setting as you described.
>>Print all pictures in manual color setting. I found that the automatic
>>setting came up very red. You may or may not have to adjust the intensity
>>or magenta as described above. I use photoshop elements 2 and calibrated
>>my monitor with the adobe gamma program. When I first bought the printer
>>I played with various settings and papers to get the best color balance to
>>my eye. When I started using non-OEM inks I redid my tests and found that
>>the test prints were comparable to the OEM inks with every combination of
>>settings and papers.
>
> I guess the word comparable does not mean nearly exact.

Nearly exact is an oxymoron. Exact is exact. To state that they are
exactly the same would have required evaluation with extremely sophisticated
equipment. I use the word comparable because to the naked eye (I can't wait
to see how Measekite twists this phrase) the photos I have printed with OEM
and with MIS inks both look the same, absent close scientific evaluation.
One or another of the areas may look very slightly more or less saturated or
very slightly more or less yellow, magenta, or cyan, but the key word here
is that the differences are so slight as to beg a closer evaluation. I am
not concerned if the OEM and MIS inks are or are not EXACTLY the same. Both
make extremely pleasing prints that reflect, as well as can be expected
without sophisticated customizing of the color profiles of monitor, printer,
camera, and paper/ink combinations, the colors of the original scenes. It is
apparent that Canon's profiles need a little adjustment with some of their
printers, but, in their "wisdom" they made a manual setting with adjustment
capability.

For those of us who were involved with color photography before the era of
point and shoot automatic cameras and the overwhelming use of Kodak 100,
200, or 400 negative film, we are acutely aware of the leaning of certain
films to the blue spectrum, others with oversaturated colors, etc. The
original 10 ASA Kodachrome slide material produced beautiful, albeit
oversaturated color slides. The first Ektachrome 25 ASA slide material had
a not so subtle shift to blues. We bought Pro packs of color negative film
(20 rolls, as I recall) and shot test prints of a known color chart to zero
in on that particular batch of film's characteristics before using it in the
field. The other 19 rolls were then stored in the refrigerator until used
as there could be color shifts with less-than-ideal storage conditions. I
mention all of this to reflect on Measekite's criticism that I did not say
the ink color matches were EXACT. Nothing in photograpy is EXACT, and
everything has to be tested and calibrated, even the most highly rated
professional negative film. Users of any ink, even OEM inks, must know that
different batches will almost never be EXACT, but they will, hopefully, be
pretty damned close. In other words, close enough that there is no
difference to the naked eye. I think this is where I started. Can we stop
beating this one to death?

>> I presently use Costco Kirkland glossy photo paper with an :-(
>> aftermarket :-( ink and the settings I described above. Someone else
>> answered your post with the suggestion that you may have more than one
>> software program trying to adjust your colors. If the settings I
>> suggested don't help[ then that may be your problem.
>>
>>"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
>>
>>>I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
>>>Paper. On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures
>>>were reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All
>>>pictures were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem
>>>with camera and screen color.
>>>
>>>Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color
>>>level from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures
>>>were still reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what
>>>is the problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head?
>>>Need your help. Satoshi

June 23, 2005 7:22:03 AM

Burt wrote:

Nearly exact is an oxymoron. Exact is exact...

....Can we stop
beating this one to death?

I think you've just hammered the death knell. :-)
Frank
June 23, 2005 9:22:04 AM

Actually, Zake, for me it is sufficient to "eyeball" it. As long as I like
the print I am a happy camper. I am doing it solely for my own enjoyment.
That is why the term "exact" becomes an abstract concept for my printing
needs. During my professional career I dealt in producing results to
fractions of millimeters. Even with that kind of precision I would be
reluctant to say the work was EXACT! As we all know, even the most precise
measuring device is only accurate to a prestated value + or _. When I comes
to color values with inkjet printers, you hit it on the head. Consistancy
is something to strive for, as perfection is elusive.

"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> To state that they are exactly the same would have required evaluation
>> with extremely
>> sophisticated equipment.
>
> Or a getto solution would be using a semi decent flat bed scanner
> calibrated with a a decent color wheel or better still a color chart.
> Sure it's not exact, esp taking into account it's harder to replace the
> bulb with one you know is neutral than the olden days, but with enough
> tweeking you can have a passable tool for color calibration and
> something resembling quantitative color analysis. May not be perfect,
> but at least a valuable tool to keep things consistant.

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 2:11:24 PM

I found this morning that there were too many responses to my question.
Here is my response to bmoag

> The easiest way to print with Canon is to throw the Canon printer away and
> buy an Epson

In the past I used a few Epson printers. I love Epson printers but because
of its persistent clogging, I dumped Epson and bought Canon printers.
If you recommend an Epson printer which does not clog, I love to buy one.

Regarding printing matter, it does not matter whether I use Photoshop, Corel
Draw, or Irfanvuew, their printing patterns are the same.
So long as I set "Plain Paper" mode, no problem If I set to photopaper,
glossy, or high resolution paper mode, PM ink flows too much.

Thanks. Satoshi

"bmoag" <aemd@verizon.net> wrote in message
> That overall pink cast often means color matching is being applied more
> than once in your printing chain.
> Canon's protocols for printing with Photoshop are not straightforward and
> even if you understand how to use them you will soon realize that they are
> terrible anyway.
..
> If that is not practical when you are in print preview in Photoshop set
> the "Profile" setting for Printer Color Management. Then set the Canon
> driver for the paper type and for photographic quality (or you can
> experiment with some other settings on the other driver tabs). The print
> preview should be in approximately correct color. Alas, Canon printer
> drivers being what they are, the final print will not likely resemble this
> as closely as it should.

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 2:29:20 PM

Burt,

I try your suggestion today.
I will let you know later.

Regards,

Satoshi

"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Satoshi - The two light dye load inks, photo magenta and photo cyan, are
> used up faster than the other inks under normal circumstances when
> printing most photos. I have a Canon i960 and especially with pictures
> that have people with skin tones that are more red than average I either
> adjust the overall intensity to -4 or -6, or I adjust the magenta to a
> minus value that gives the best print. I have seen one post that
> suggested -7 setting for Magenta. Do not use the two higher quality paper
> settings - stay with the glossy photo paper setting as you described.
> Print all pictures in manual color setting. I found that the automatic
> setting came up very red. You may or may not have to adjust the intensity
> or magenta as described above. I use photoshop elements 2 and calibrated
> my monitor with the adobe gamma program. When I first bought the printer
> I played with various settings and papers to get the best color balance to
> my eye. When I started using non-OEM inks I redid my tests and found that
> the test prints were comparable to the OEM inks with every combination of
> settings and papers. I presently use Costco Kirkland glossy photo paper
> with an aftermarket ink and the settings I described above. Someone else
> answered your post with the suggestion that you may have more than one
> software program trying to adjust your colors. If the settings I
> suggested don't help[ then that may be your problem.
>
> "Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
>>I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
>>Paper. On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures
>>were reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All
>>pictures were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem
>>with camera and screen color.
>>
>> Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color
>> level from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures
>> were still reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what
>> is the problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head?
>> Need your help. Satoshi

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 3:16:43 PM

Hi Measekite

> Photoshop and my Canon IP4000 using OEM ink and Costco/Kirkland Glossy
> Photo Paper do a great job and produce fantastic results.

I am tempted to purchase IP4000 as you described here. Another poster
mentined i9900.
Do you have any opinion on i9900?
I am thinking about buying ip4000 or i9900 this weekend.
Your advise would be appreciated.

Regards,
Satoshi
June 23, 2005 5:13:47 PM

> Paper cannot clog the printhead.

There was a batch of Epson Photo Glossy paper that was covered with
powder. While I can't say for sure they contributed to head clogs I
seem to remember epson offered replacements for a bad batch. I also
noticed some "great white" photopaper offered at the dollar store also
covered in powder.

I can't say 100% that the powder on the paper could lead to a head
clog, but it seems reasonable that it's possible.
June 23, 2005 7:15:32 PM

What, you are saying you don't use OEM paper after all your thousands of
remarks about OEM.

> bmoag wrote:
>
> >That overall pink cast often means color matching is being applied more
than
> >once in your printing chain.
> >Canon's protocols for printing with Photoshop are not straightforward and
> >even if you understand how to use them you will soon realize that they
are
> >terrible anyway.
> >

> Photoshop and my Canon IP4000 using OEM ink and Costco/Kirkland Glossy
> Photo Paper do a great job and produce fantastic results.
>
> >The easiest way to print with Canon is to throw the Canon printer away
and
> >buy an Epson.
> >

> Bullshit
>
> >If that is not practical when you are in print preview in Photoshop set
the
> >"Profile" setting for Printer Color Management. Then set the Canon driver
> >for the paper type and for photographic quality (or you can experiment
with
> >some other settings on the other driver tabs). The print preview should
be
> >in approximately correct color. Alas, Canon printer drivers being what
they
> >are, the final print will not likely resemble this as closely as it
should.

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:25:26 PM

Shooter wrote:

>What, you are saying you don't use OEM paper after all your thousands of
>remarks about OEM.
>
>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>bmoag wrote:
>>

>>>That overall pink cast often means color matching is being applied more
>>>

>than
>

>>>once in your printing chain.
>>>Canon's protocols for printing with Photoshop are not straightforward and
>>>even if you understand how to use them you will soon realize that they
>>>

>are
>

>>>terrible anyway.
>>>

>>Photoshop and my Canon IP4000 using OEM ink and Costco/Kirkland Glossy
>>Photo Paper do a great job and produce fantastic results.
>>

>>>The easiest way to print with Canon is to throw the Canon printer away
>>>

>and
>

>>>buy an Epson.
>>>

>>Bullshit
>>

>>>If that is not practical when you are in print preview in Photoshop set
>>>

>the
>

>>>"Profile" setting for Printer Color Management. Then set the Canon driver
>>>for the paper type and for photographic quality (or you can experiment
>>>

>with
>

>>>some other settings on the other driver tabs). The print preview should
>>>

>be
>

>>>in approximately correct color. Alas, Canon printer drivers being what
>>>

>they
>

>>>are, the final print will not likely resemble this as closely as it
>>>

>should.

June 23, 2005 8:25:27 PM

measekite wrote:

Paper cannot clog the printhead.

Brilliant statemment. You must be a mental giant.
So that leaves oem or after market inks can clog printheads correct?.
Frank
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:26:40 PM

Satoshi wrote:

>I found this morning that there were too many responses to my question.
>Here is my response to bmoag
>

>>The easiest way to print with Canon is to throw the Canon printer away and
>>buy an Epson
>>

>In the past I used a few Epson printers. I love Epson printers but because
>of its persistent clogging, I dumped Epson and bought Canon printers.
>If you recommend an Epson printer which does not clog, I love to buy one.

All of the printers can clog but especially with AfterMarket Ink.

>Regarding printing matter, it does not matter whether I use Photoshop, Corel
>Draw, or Irfanvuew, their printing patterns are the same.
>So long as I set "Plain Paper" mode, no problem If I set to photopaper,
>glossy, or high resolution paper mode, PM ink flows too much.
>
>Thanks. Satoshi
>

>"bmoag" <aemd@verizon.net> wrote in message
>

>>That overall pink cast often means color matching is being applied more
>>than once in your printing chain.
>>Canon's protocols for printing with Photoshop are not straightforward and
>>even if you understand how to use them you will soon realize that they are
>>terrible anyway.
>>

>.
>

>>If that is not practical when you are in print preview in Photoshop set
>>the "Profile" setting for Printer Color Management. Then set the Canon
>>driver for the paper type and for photographic quality (or you can
>>experiment with some other settings on the other driver tabs). The print
>>preview should be in approximately correct color. Alas, Canon printer
>>drivers being what they are, the final print will not likely resemble this
>>as closely as it should.

June 23, 2005 8:26:41 PM

measekite wrote:

> All of the printers can clog but especially with AfterMarket Ink.

Says who? Based on what proof? Certainly nothing you've experienced as
you have never used after market inks.
You have an ax to grind but nothing to grind it against except this ng.
Try grinding it against you head, as it appears to hard enough.
Frank
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 10:43:34 PM

The IP9900 is a wide format printer while the IP4000 is a Letter Size
printer. The IP9900 is a pure photo printer using 8 colors. It is
widely regarded as the best of its kind. The tests in PC Mag won it
editors choice.

So if you would like to print large photos up to 13x19 this is the best
choice.

You still will be able to print an occassional business document and it
will look ok.

The IP4000 is a member of the PIXMA line. This is a dual purpose photo
printer that prints very good business documents and has twin paper feed
trays and print duplex ( 2 sides automatically. So if you need these
features and print business documents then this should be your choice
but you enlargements will be limited to 8.5x11.

If your purpose is real heavy on business documents then you might want
to look at the IP5000. This printer is like the IP4000 but prints
business document using 1pl and is better at business documents and
almost as good as the IP4000 for photos.

The IP9000 will clearly provide you with the best quality results.

Satoshi wrote:

>Hi Measekite
>

>>Photoshop and my Canon IP4000 using OEM ink and Costco/Kirkland Glossy
>>Photo Paper do a great job and produce fantastic results.
>>

>I am tempted to purchase IP4000 as you described here. Another poster
>mentined i9900.
>Do you have any opinion on i9900?
>I am thinking about buying ip4000 or i9900 this weekend.
>Your advise would be appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>Satoshi

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 10:47:28 PM

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>
> Paper cannot clog the printhead.
>
> Brilliant statemment. You must be a mental giant.
> So that leaves after market inks can clog printheads correct?.
> Frank

Yep
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 12:00:02 AM

As usual Measekite is making a global statement that he is totally unable to
back up with any facts or statistics. He/she/it states that all printers can
clog with aftermarket ink. I have to agree that MK is partially correct with
that statement. Why? Users of aftermarket inks are not using OEM ink.
Therefore if the highly unlikely clog appears, of course it will be with
aftermarket inks since OEM inks aren't being used. OTOH, the same can be
said for OEM inks. If only OEM inks are used, then that clog would result
from using OEM inks. There is no proof that MK can show which proves OEM is
less likely or that third party ink is more likely to clog in similar
printing environments. Clogs are primarily a result of letting the printer
sit idle for too long a period resulting in dried out particles. This
happens regardless of the source of the ink. Often defective cartridges
(poor or no ink flow or overfilled) are mistaken for ink clogs. If MK wants
any credibility, which based upon his past history isn't likely, then he
needs to provide adequate backup for his statements. Saying that third party
inks are more likely to cause print head clogs is deceptive since the same
can be said of OEM inks. His quoting of dubious "facts/proof/sources" makes
about as much sense as claiming that consuming potatoes will be fatal.
What's the proof that eating potatoes will be fatal? The answer is obvious.
Every Civil War era soldier who ate potatoes during the years of 1861 to
1865 is now dead.
--
Ron

"Frank" <fb@nospam.com> wrote in message
> measekite wrote:
>

>> All of the printers can clog but especially with AfterMarket Ink.
>
> Says who? Based on what proof? Certainly nothing you've experienced as you
> have never used after market inks.
> You have an ax to grind but nothing to grind it against except this ng.
> Try grinding it against you head, as it appears to hard enough.
> Frank
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 3:34:56 AM

In article <WnBue.3016$Bx6.758@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
inkystinky@oem.com says...
> Paper cannot clog the printhead.

Wrong. You should read more & write less. Definitely write less!
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 8:08:12 PM

"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
>I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
>Paper. On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures
>were reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All
>pictures were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem
>with camera and screen color.
>
> Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color
> level from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures
> were still reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what
> is the problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head?
> Need your help. Satoshi

I have exactly the same problem with my Canon IP4000. Printing to Canon
photo paper plus Glossy (PP101) comes out perfectly, but printing to Canon
Glossy photo paper (GP401) comes out with a slight red tinge. I guess the
solution is to change the colour adjustment settings for that paper stock in
printing preferences - but I haven't played around with it myself to test
it. As most of my photo are on Glossy plus it has been an annoyance only for
me sp far - as it means my 'proofs' do not match the finished product.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 8:08:13 PM

I setup the new ip4000 this morning.
Printed with the glossy paper came with the machine (4 x 6).
Pictures were indeed sharp and nice.
I compare this picture with those printed at Costco.,
Both are almost identical but ip4000 gave just a slight reddish tint but not
bad.
The picture printed with ip4000 is much, much better than those printed with
i950.
I am happy with ip4000.

Thanks for your comment.,

Regards,

Satoshi

"Caitlin" <caitlin_online_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
>>I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
>>Paper. On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures
>>were reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All
>>pictures were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem
>>with camera and screen color.
>>
>> Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color
>> level from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures
>> were still reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what
>> is the problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head?
>> Need your help. Satoshi
>>

> I have exactly the same problem with my Canon IP4000. Printing to Canon
> photo paper plus Glossy (PP101) comes out perfectly, but printing to Canon
> Glossy photo paper (GP401) comes out with a slight red tinge. I guess the
> solution is to change the colour adjustment settings for that paper stock
> in printing preferences - but I haven't played around with it myself to
> test it. As most of my photo are on Glossy plus it has been an annoyance
> only for me sp far - as it means my 'proofs' do not match the finished
> product.

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 2:20:18 AM

Now try Costco/Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper and compare your results against
Canon Photo Paper Pro. Use the Canon Photo Paper Pro setting for both
papers.

Satoshi wrote:

>I setup the new ip4000 this morning.
>Printed with the glossy paper came with the machine (4 x 6).
>Pictures were indeed sharp and nice.
>I compare this picture with those printed at Costco.,
>Both are almost identical but ip4000 gave just a slight reddish tint but not
>bad.
>The picture printed with ip4000 is much, much better than those printed with
>i950.
>I am happy with ip4000.
>
>Thanks for your comment.,
>
>Regards,
>
>Satoshi
>

>"Caitlin" <caitlin_online_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...
>>

>>>I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
>>>Paper. On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures
>>>were reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All
>>>pictures were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem
>>>with camera and screen color.
>>>
>>>Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color
>>>level from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures
>>>were still reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what
>>>is the problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head?
>>>Need your help. Satoshi
>>>

>>I have exactly the same problem with my Canon IP4000. Printing to Canon
>>photo paper plus Glossy (PP101) comes out perfectly, but printing to Canon
>>Glossy photo paper (GP401) comes out with a slight red tinge. I guess the
>>solution is to change the colour adjustment settings for that paper stock
>>in printing preferences - but I haven't played around with it myself to
>>test it. As most of my photo are on Glossy plus it has been an annoyance
>>only for me sp far - as it means my 'proofs' do not match the finished
>>product.

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 3:43:08 AM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:34:56 -0700, Irwin Peckinloomer
<semimoto@spamforYahoo.com> wrote:

>In article <WnBue.3016$Bx6.758@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
>inkystinky@oem.com says...
>> Paper cannot clog the printhead.
>>
>Wrong. You should read more & write less. Definitely write less!

No, you're wrong. Paper can jam the printer, but it can't clog the
printhead.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Why should people print Costco/Kirkland paper with Canon Paper Pro setting?
Do you have to load Fuji film when shooting with a Japanese camera? Canon's
Photo Pro paper is a resin coated paper. Kirkland paper is not. There is no
point to use a same setup for different paper.

measekite wrote:

> Now try Costco/Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper and compare your results against
> Canon Photo Paper Pro. Use the Canon Photo Paper Pro setting for both
> papers.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 10:27:45 AM

measekite wrote:

> All of the printers can clog but especially with AfterMarket Ink.

What you said is not totally pointless. But it is also true that there are many
good quality 3rd party inks out there that work really well. Avoid those cheap,
sometimes too cheap to believe, ready filled cartridges from eBay.

My experience with bulk inks bought from a company selling on eBay has been just
perfect. I took a risk to use it knowing the risk I was taking. There aren't many
companies selling bulk inks. In fact there are only a few you can find.

The majority of 3rd party sellers sell ready filled carts only. A lot of them sell
junk indeed. So you are right about them. Try bulk inks, not ready filled carts.
You will change your mind about 3rd party inks. My printer is a Pixma ip8500. I have
no reason to lie about it if the ink doesn't work. The printer is 6 months old already.
Not a single problem for almost 6 months in using the 3rd party ink supply. I still
have my first set of 8 cartridges that came with the printer. They are still pretty full.
I don't use them because I want to keep them just in case I ran into problems with the
bulk ink. But it's already 6 months passed. I am already on 2nd set of bulk inks.
I have not found a need to use my OEM carts yet.

Measkit, your opinion about 3rd party ink is right and wrong.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 10:53:46 AM

Stevelee wrote:

> Why should people print Costco/Kirkland paper with Canon Paper Pro
> setting?

Because that is one of the choices in the Costco/Kirkland instruction
sheet. Any more questions?

> Do you have to load Fuji film when shooting with a Japanese camera?
> Canon's
> Photo Pro paper is a resin coated paper. Kirkland paper is not. There
> is no
> point to use a same setup for different paper.
>

> measekite wrote:
>
>> Now try Costco/Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper and compare your results
>> against
>> Canon Photo Paper Pro. Use the Canon Photo Paper Pro setting for
>> both papers.

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 12:39:00 PM

> You will change your mind about 3rd party inks. My printer is a Pixma
> ip8500. I have
> no reason to lie about it if the ink doesn't work. The printer is 6 months
> old already.
> Not a single problem for almost 6 months in using the 3rd party ink
> supply. I still

I have a question for Stevelee,

It seems that you are very happy with i8500. I am considering buying this
one for home use.
Before doing that, I have a question on its inks. What kind of inks does
that printer use: BCI6 and/or BCI3e?
If i8500 used these inks, my job for buying inks could be simpler and
easier. TIA. Satoshi

" Stevelee" <" Stevelee"@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> measekite wrote:
>>
>> All of the printers can clog but especially with AfterMarket Ink.
>
> What you said is not totally pointless. But it is also true that there are
> many
> good quality 3rd party inks out there that work really well. Avoid those
> cheap,
> sometimes too cheap to believe, ready filled cartridges from eBay.
>
> My experience with bulk inks bought from a company selling on eBay has
> been just
> perfect. I took a risk to use it knowing the risk I was taking. There
> aren't many
> companies selling bulk inks. In fact there are only a few you can find.
>
> The majority of 3rd party sellers sell ready filled carts only. A lot of
> them sell
> junk indeed. So you are right about them. Try bulk inks, not ready filled
> carts.
> You will change your mind about 3rd party inks. My printer is a Pixma
> ip8500. I have
> no reason to lie about it if the ink doesn't work. The printer is 6 months
> old already.
> Not a single problem for almost 6 months in using the 3rd party ink
> supply. I still
> have my first set of 8 cartridges that came with the printer. They are
> still pretty full.
> I don't use them because I want to keep them just in case I ran into
> problems with the
> bulk ink. But it's already 6 months passed. I am already on 2nd set of
> bulk inks.
> I have not found a need to use my OEM carts yet.
>
> Measkit, your opinion about 3rd party ink is right and wrong.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 12:47:03 PM

I will go out today to Costco. I will buy and try it. I will let you
know.

Satoshi

> Now try Costco/Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper and compare your results
> against
> Canon Photo Paper Pro. Use the Canon Photo Paper Pro setting for both
> papers.
>
> Satoshi wrote:
>
>>I setup the new ip4000 this morning.
>>Printed with the glossy paper came with the machine (4 x 6).
>>Pictures were indeed sharp and nice.
>>I compare this picture with those printed at Costco.,
>>Both are almost identical but ip4000 gave just a slight reddish tint but
>>not bad.
>>The picture printed with ip4000 is much, much better than those printed
>>with i950.
>>I am happy with ip4000.
>>
>>Thanks for your comment.,
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Satoshi
>>

>>"Caitlin" <caitlin_online_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>news:D 9c1a8$mmp$1@reader2.nmix.net...

>>>I have exactly the same problem with my Canon IP4000. Printing to Canon
>>>photo paper plus Glossy (PP101) comes out perfectly, but printing to
>>>Canon Glossy photo paper (GP401) comes out with a slight red tinge. I
>>>guess the solution is to change the colour adjustment settings for that
>>>paper stock in printing preferences - but I haven't played around with it
>>>myself to test it. As most of my photo are on Glossy plus it has been an
>>>annoyance only for me sp far - as it means my 'proofs' do not match the
>>>finished product.

June 25, 2005 2:03:24 PM

I believe it can. Kodak Glossy is one when used with a 2100/2200 the paper
can not absorb the ink and that is any pigmented so the result is blocked
head. Before you say, well that's the ink, again not so, if you use non
gloss or semi-gloss there is no problem with the ink-paper except for
Bronzing, or better still use dye ink and get perfect prints.

"Hecate" <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:34:56 -0700, Irwin Peckinloomer
> <semimoto@spamforYahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <WnBue.3016$Bx6.758@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
> >inkystinky@oem.com says...
> >> Paper cannot clog the printhead.
> >>
> >Wrong. You should read more & write less. Definitely write less!
>
> No, you're wrong. Paper can jam the printer, but it can't clog the
> printhead.
>
> --
>
> Hecate - The Real One
> Hecate@newsguy.com
> Fashion: Buying things you don't need, with money
> you don't have, to impress people you don't like...
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 4:58:35 PM

"Shooter" <photoman52003-shoot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 9ja5c$f21$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> I believe it can. Kodak Glossy is one when used with a 2100/2200 the
paper
> can not absorb the ink and that is any pigmented so the result is blocked
> head.

Dirty rollers perhaps but not blocked heads. The heads don't wait around for
the ink to be absorbed on any paper - they are gone while it's still wet.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 7:53:52 PM

Satoshi wrote:

>>You will change your mind about 3rd party inks. My printer is a Pixma
>>ip8500. I have
>>no reason to lie about it if the ink doesn't work. The printer is 6 months
>>old already.
>>Not a single problem for almost 6 months in using the 3rd party ink
>>supply. I still
>

> I have a question for Stevelee,
>
> It seems that you are very happy with i8500. I am considering buying this
> one for home use.
> Before doing that, I have a question on its inks. What kind of inks does
> that printer use: BCI6 and/or BCI3e?
> If i8500 used these inks, my job for buying inks could be simpler and
> easier. TIA. Satoshi

Canon ip8500 uses 8 BCI-6 ink cartridges. In addition to BK,C,M,Y,PC,PM there
are Red and Green cartridges added to this printer. The result of the additional
red and green ink it prints better green and red colors then printers like i9100
i960. Green and red colors were printed by using CMY inks before. Now they are
printed directly by green and red inks. In a more technical term the printer
gives a wider "gamut" in printing colors.

Ip8500 is an excellent printer. It has a much improved print head which in my opinion
is much less likely to be clogged when using 3rd party refill inks. I have used mine
with 3rd party bulk refill ink for over 6 months now. I have not had a single clog
yet. What I like a lot about this printer is its duplex printing. I can start a print
job to print on both sides of the paper and walk away. When I return sometime later
a nicely printed pile of double sided document is done.

But this printer is not cheap. Canon wants to collect more money from this printer
by making it more friendly to 3rd party inks in my opinion. I am in the 2nd set of
bulk ink of 4 ounces of each color. Imagine how much money I saved from the ink.
The saved money could buy me another ip8500 easily.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 8:13:03 PM

Satoshi wrote:

> I will go out today to Costco. I will buy and try it. I will let you
> know.
>
> Satoshi
>

> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>
>>Now try Costco/Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper and compare your results
>>against
>>Canon Photo Paper Pro. Use the Canon Photo Paper Pro setting for both
>>papers.

When printing on Kirkland Professional Glossy Photopaper with Canon Photopaper Pro
setup you are telling the printer driver to use Canon's ICC profile for Canon's
Photopaper Pro for the print job. This will print fine but it is really not the
best setup for the Kirkland paper. The vendor (believed to be Ilford) does not provide
an ICC profile for this paper. Based on my own experiment another way to print on this
paper is to select plain paper (yes, you read it right), then choose custom from Print
Quality manual. Set the quality to fine with diffusion for halftoning. Then in the Color
Adjustment manual make color adjustment if you find it necessary. I sometimes increase
the intensity from 5 to 10%. The result is simply beautiful. I really think the kirkland
paper renders better pictures than Canon's Photopaper Pro, especially in terms of colors.
I am using a 3rd party bulk ink so if you use Canon ink you may disagree with me. There
is a major difference between Canon and Kirkland paper. Canon's Photopaper Pro (as well
as its Photopaper plus) is resin coated paper. You can dip the photo in water and the
ink will not smear. If you dip kirkland paper in water the image will smear a little.
But other than that Kirkland paper is simply better in my opinion.
June 25, 2005 8:40:46 PM

Steve Lee - with my Canon i960 and Kirkland paper I have found the glossy
photo paper setting to be better than the Pro setting. The two settings for
the more expensive paper gave oversaturated prints in my estimation. Even
for photo paper pro, that setting gave more saturated prints which I didn't
like.

> Why should people print Costco/Kirkland paper with Canon Paper Pro
> setting?
> Do you have to load Fuji film when shooting with a Japanese camera?
> Canon's
> Photo Pro paper is a resin coated paper. Kirkland paper is not. There is
> no
> point to use a same setup for different paper.
>

> measekite wrote:
>
>> Now try Costco/Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper and compare your results
>> against
>> Canon Photo Paper Pro. Use the Canon Photo Paper Pro setting for both
>> papers.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 8:43:10 PM

measekite wrote:

> Stevelee wrote:
>
>> Why should people print Costco/Kirkland paper with Canon Paper Pro
>> setting?
>
> Because that is one of the choices in the Costco/Kirkland instruction
> sheet. Any more questions?

Just looked at the Kirkland instruction sheet. It listed i990 and i965 Canon
printers. But There are no such printers. There is no list of i9900/i9950
nor ip8500. In fact there is no Pixma printers listed.

I suggest to consider the instruction sheet not accurate. I agree you can
print on Kirkland paper with Canon Photopaper Pro setting. But it can be
understood as not an optimal setting.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 8:47:47 PM

Burt wrote:

> Steve Lee - with my Canon i960 and Kirkland paper I have found the glossy
> photo paper setting to be better than the Pro setting. The two settings for
> the more expensive paper gave oversaturated prints in my estimation. Even
> for photo paper pro, that setting gave more saturated prints which I didn't
> like.

The glossy photo paper setting is a more generic setting for a lot of glossy photo paper.
It may be a better one for the kirkland paper. Photopaper Pro is really specifically
set for Canon's own paper. It may work well for some paper but it seems not the case.
June 25, 2005 10:09:29 PM

Sorry can not agree as you get a deflective fire of the head, and this
happens after printing.

!