Sign in with
Your question

power supply with build in fan speed regulator

Last response: in Components
August 11, 2006 11:53:30 AM

I'm looking for a power supply min600w that has build in fan speed regulator(turns off the fan when it is not needed)
August 11, 2006 12:28:34 PM

I use mostly antec PSU's this one looks like it fits your feature requirements.

Antec TP3-650

Features:
Three 12V output circuits provide added system stability
Accurate power rating allows TruePower Trio to deliver its full rated power, 24 hours a day rated at 50ºC
Fan Only power connectors allow TruePower Trio to control case fan speeds, reducing total system noise
Dedicated outputs for stable output and less ripple noise
Feedback loop circuits for tighter load regulation (±3%) to maintain accurate voltage to all components
Heavy duty protection circuitry prevents damage resulting from short circuits (SCP), power overloads (OPP), over voltages (OVP), and under voltages (UVP)
Power Factor value up to 99%
Gold plated connectors for superior conductivity
August 11, 2006 1:19:01 PM

Very true. The only time fans should stop is when the PC is powered down. I wasn't sure if he meant OFF because he used OF.
Related resources
August 11, 2006 2:17:04 PM

Here is a PSU with a built in fan adjuster that you can turn to change the speed but it doesnt turn the fan all the way off.
August 11, 2006 3:48:27 PM

Quote:
Here is a PSU with a built in fan adjuster that you can turn to change the speed but it doesnt turn the fan all the way off.

HA. no.

Thats PSU is a POS. it will blow in 2 months and fry every piece of hardware u have
August 11, 2006 6:24:38 PM

find me a fanless power supply that can produce more than 550w, for about the same price.
August 11, 2006 6:58:08 PM

Well I've been uding that PSU for about 1.5 years and no problems. cool led lights in it too you can even change the color.
August 11, 2006 7:21:46 PM

as psu from my link, that's about 170$
!