Tiger Direct refund still waiting after 3 months plus

Liam_two

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Is this a record. Probably not. I've been waiting over 3 months for them to refund the shipping cost for a returned item. They said they would do that in December 2006.

Despite several emails they continue to delay and stall the money.

I will never believe their word again.

I will continue to contact them periodically until they do the right thing.

Anyone else had this experience?

I get the impression they just hope people will forget about refunds.

Liam_two

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
And now their latest stall:And now their latest stall:

"Dear Valued Customer:
Our accounting department is currently working on issuing a refund check. Please allow 12-14 business days to process".

This is their fourth such email though this one actually mentions a check it is now another even longer delay. Now up 14 'business days'.

Absolutely abysmal.

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
That's messed up, there should be no problem in this...

I work in the accounting dept of our store and if someone wants their money back, I pay em within 2 weeks of them asking. No way I'd want someone hounding me for THEIR money!

Liam_two

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
I am counting down the 12 -14 business days till they send the check.

If I could place abet somewhere that they won't meet their own timeline yet again I would take it.

Liam_two

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Well I finally received the shipping cost refund.

Only took them 3 + months.

How do they expect me to do business with them again?

I won't.

If you tell people they will get a refund then do that immediately or lose their business.

Its not rocket science.

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
only excuse I could see for them is that they are understaffed in the accounting dept. I'd imagine there being one person for payables and one for receivables. Either they are over worked due to too many bills/refunds, or they got their wires mixed somehow (receiving not telling payables that they received your item back)