Urgent Help needed

Hello guys,

I have a Foundry Switch (bigiron 8000) where I have about 20 Vlans (L2
vlans) created.
I've never configured tagging for any of the ports no matter at what
vlan they belong to.

But now,for first time, I need to have one of the ports which connect
to another switch in a different building, to do tagging 802.1q

Every time I program the port on the bigiron as tagged port and
connect a cross cable to the other switch port (that is also
programmed for tagging) the second switch (I tried 2 different
models/brands) stop working and start a cycle of resetting itself.

Here are more detail steps of what i'm doing

Bigiron:
Port e 3/12 was in the default vlan before these changes.
#config t
#vlan 30
#tagged e 3/12 (this is the port that will connect to the second
switch)
#vlan 2
#tagged e 3/12

secondswitch:
Port 24 was in the default Vlan before these changes:

#config t
#vlan 30
#tagged e 24 (port that connects to bigiron)
#vlan 2
#tagged e 24

----------now I connect the physical cable between port 3/12 and 24
And the second switch start resetting itself.

What is wrong on this steps, I can't find a proper literature, all
I've read seems to support me in what I'm doing, but still fails
miserably to work

Thanks a lot for any help.

Tommy

I fixed it.

P.S: in case somebody got into the same situation...check your firmware version.