Virus on Tomshardware webpage??? WTF

x1900xtcooler

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
Hey all, just thought Id share what just happened to me. I use Avast anitvirus protection and it just flashed up that a freaking WORM from this site was trying to enter my computer.

WTF and has anyone else gotten this.

Nope nothing here, and we have 2 different layers of active protection here (a scan wouldn't show current threat, just somerthing that already got in) but then again we also have about 30 layers of hardware firewalls here too so maybe it's not getting to my desktop whatever the offending packet is that's causing your software to freak out. Sounds more like a false positive hit on something like a banner ad or something like an ad tracker.

muffins

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
most of you dont know this but toms is actually an evil organization bent on world domination and they are just putting there plan into effect

step1: massive amounts of spyware and viruses on every computer
step2: nukes

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Oh really?

dr.evil_one_miliion_dollars.jpg

Well then that would make Tom the Minion of Evil... thus Making OMID the Head of the Evil Umpire!

Tom is like the Fresca of Evil and Lars would be the Diet Shasta of Evil, so evil, but outdated and no longer seen! :twisted:

muffins

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
i like how this went from a worm on toms to toms taking over the world to duck dodgers, the whole time being in the ati forum

Alyarbank

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
Perhaps Tom is using Radeon chips to take over our PCs.

BTW: Marvin the Martian sits on top of my monitor to keep me in-line...
He say's his P32-Space Modulator has been upgraded with HDR and faster memory...