Compaq blue screen

October 15, 2004 12:57:33 AM

I get a blue screen "unmountable boot volume"
What does this mean??

More about : compaq blue screen

Anonymous
October 15, 2004 12:57:34 AM

Doug

Browse these google search results.

http://snipurl.com/9s4d

Gord

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:57:33 -0500, "Doug" <doug57@www.com&gt; wrote:

>I get a blue screen "unmountable boot volume"
>What does this mean??

Anonymous
October 15, 2004 12:57:34 AM

Please see the following Knowledge Base Article for help with this issue:
http://tinyurl.com/ezaj

Pay special attention to the section concerning 40 wire and 80 wire UDMA
cable.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Doug" <doug57@www.com&gt; wrote in message
>I get a blue screen "unmountable boot volume"
> What does this mean??

October 15, 2004 12:58:22 AM

Check the video and memory cards to make sure they are properly seated in
their slots. Disconnect the IDE cable from the hard drive and then
reconnect it to make sure it has not loosened. If it is a SATA drive, be
very careful, the connectors are breakable. Disconnect all the external
devices except the keyboard, mouse, and monitor. If there is more than one
memory card, try running with first and then the other to see if memory is
the problem.

"Doug" <doug57@www.com&gt; wrote in message
>I get a blue screen "unmountable boot volume"
> What does this mean??

Anonymous
October 15, 2004 1:15:20 AM

Your hard drive is corrupt. Since you have a Compaq your
only option MAY be to use the system restore CD (if Compaq
supplied one). This will format and erase your data. Take
your time and maybe somebody will get you a better answer.
Take a look and see what CDs you have, if you have a real
Windows XP install CD you will have chance to do a repair
install and save your data.

"Doug" <doug57@www.com&gt; wrote in message
|I get a blue screen "unmountable boot volume"
| What does this mean??

Anonymous
October 15, 2004 1:15:21 AM

He may also be able to run the repair console and repair the MBR.

> Your hard drive is corrupt. Since you have a Compaq your
> only option MAY be to use the system restore CD (if Compaq
> supplied one). This will format and erase your data. Take
> your time and maybe somebody will get you a better answer.
> Take a look and see what CDs you have, if you have a real
> Windows XP install CD you will have chance to do a repair
> install and save your data.

> "Doug" <doug57@www.com&gt; wrote in message
> |I get a blue screen "unmountable boot volume"
> | What does this mean??

Anonymous
October 17, 2004 12:48:41 PM

I have tried everything suggested and it still gives me the error. Can it be
my hard drive? If I change hard drives will it go away?? When I put in the
restore disk I get an red screen "disk error" that tells me to contact
Compaq tech support.

> Please see the following Knowledge Base Article for help with this issue:
> http://tinyurl.com/ezaj
>
> Pay special attention to the section concerning 40 wire and 80 wire UDMA
> cable.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "Doug" <doug57@www.com&gt; wrote in message
> >I get a blue screen "unmountable boot volume"
> > What does this mean??

Anonymous
October 18, 2004 4:15:40 PM

That sounds like hard drive failure. You might visit the hard drive
manufacturer's website and download their diagnostic tools, making not of
their instructions for making their diagnostic boot disk and running their
diagnostics. If that fails, then it would be best to do as the message
describes and contact Compaq tech support.

--

news:o gtXDAFtEHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I have tried everything suggested and it still gives me the error. Can it
>be
> my hard drive? If I change hard drives will it go away?? When I put in the
> restore disk I get an red screen "disk error" that tells me to contact
> Compaq tech support.
>
> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>> Please see the following Knowledge Base Article for help with this issue:
>> http://tinyurl.com/ezaj
>>
>> Pay special attention to the section concerning 40 wire and 80 wire UDMA
>> cable.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>
>> "Doug" <doug57@www.com&gt; wrote in message
>> >I get a blue screen "unmountable boot volume"
>> > What does this mean??

December 8, 2008 4:36:04 PM

Hey guys, I'm having similar problems, hoped I could get some help here. My Compaq R3200 (AMD) comp has gotten a virus that wiped out all kinds of things, so I started over. I formatted the drive, reinstalled XP, and now it just goes to the logo screen then Blue Screen of Death. I have tried tons of things, even tried to repartition and install another instance of XP. If I load the Repair console, I can log onto the C: drive just fine, but cannot load the OS. I even bought a new HDD and the same thing. Sounds like maybe (?) BIOS, but I cannot figure out how to update the BIOS without having access to the OS. I loaded the BIOS setup file onto a flash, but the file doesn't show up in the directory. Any suggestions?
!