Core2 Duo on Newegg

rezident

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2004
Yeah, I was hella disappointed that NewEgg decided to gouge it's customers because they had supply in. NewEgg is like Big Oil now, hiking the price on our necessary next gen processors.

ocnewb

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
umm actually ig you go to anyone of those processors
take the E6400 for example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115004

Go to the bottom of the description and click "combo deals".
You'll see that they offer a couple of the top notch mobos with it, DS3 and DQ6. And hten nock $25 off for the combo deal. So take you DS3 at $145, which is the cheapest ive seen it. And take your 299 doallar processor and subtract $25 from it making 274.. Agian one of the lowest prices ive seen it.

Agelmar

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
I paid $1255 for the x6800 and didn't get any combo deals that I wanted. I feel like I got ripped off on that part, but overall I feel like I still got decent prices on the rest of the system, and they did actually ship it all out. I'm not going to ditch the egg just because their price was a bit high on a single component. The overall experience is still good - and if I had bought the x6800 from some place I'd never heard of (like ITClub) and had a problem with it, who knows where I'd be right now.

Agelmar

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
Good point :) And technically, you're supposed to pay sales tax on all orders. If the seller doesn't charge it, you're supposed to declare on your tax return that you bought something for which sales tax was not witheld, and then pay the tax.

At least, that's what you're supposed to do...

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
I think there's only like 20 states that have sales tax on internet sales. New York and California (where NewEgg headquarters is) are two of them, so he's SOL.

Agelmar

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
I don't know the full list, I just know that every state and district (DC) that I've lived in requires you to pony up.

zornundo

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I think there's only like 20 states that have sales tax on internet sales. New York and California (where NewEgg headquarters is) are two of them, so he's SOL.

I loved Newegg until they set up a distribution center in Memphis. State law requires payment of sales tax when purchasing online from a company that has any ops in the state. So hello to 9+% sales tax. Say goodbye to Newegg purchases. I still love the site, just won't order.

ethernalite

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
Good point :) And technically, you're supposed to pay sales tax on all orders. If the seller doesn't charge it, you're supposed to declare on your tax return that you bought something for which sales tax was not witheld, and then pay the tax.

Only if the place you are purchasing from has a brick and mortar facility in your state.

States hate this, of course, but the reasoning behind this is that states cannot tax what would be interstate purchases. That power is given to the national government.

Agelmar

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
Not correct - some states have chosen to only tax if there is a physical presence in that state. They certainly have the right to. For instance, in Michigan, regardless of whether or not the e-tailer has a physical presence in MI, you have to pay a 6% tax when you file your annual tax return. This is legal because you are a resident of the state, and it's not anything new. For instance, I live in one state and have a job in another - the state I live in still has the ability (and certainly does) tax my income from the other state, just as they have the ability (if they so choose) to tax any commercial transactions involving a shipment into their state.