How to access and edit modem initialization string

pt

For reasons I don't understand, my modem has "lost its voice". It dials out
& connects normally, but there is no longer any sound from the computer
speaker. I've checked the control panel | sounds and things seem normal.
Could it be that the modem initialization settings got changed? If so, how
do I access them in WinXP Home?

--
PT

There is a group, microsoft.public.windowme.hardware that should be a better
bet.

Good luck.

"PT" <xyz@xyz.com> wrote in message
> For reasons I don't understand, my modem has "lost its voice". It dials
> out
> & connects normally, but there is no longer any sound from the computer
> speaker. I've checked the control panel | sounds and things seem normal.
> Could it be that the modem initialization settings got changed? If so,
> how
> do I access them in WinXP Home?
>
> --
> PT

Sorry, that should have been, microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
I got on the wrong line.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:37:11 -0700, PT wrote:

> For reasons I don't understand, my modem has "lost its voice". It dials out
> & connects normally, but there is no longer any sound from the computer
> speaker. I've checked the control panel | sounds and things seem normal.
> Could it be that the modem initialization settings got changed? If so, how
> do I access them in WinXP Home?

Control Panel(classic view)> Phone and Modems> Properties of your modem.
Should be able to set volume levels and mute/unmute in these screens.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User