NewEgg Boycott

ren0nie0

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
Boycott those lousy bums! An E6600 for 419 at first which was bad enough then they raised it to 459!!! A e6300 for 389???? Then they lowered it... but i call for a boycott.

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Supply and demand if you don't like it then don't buy a conroe yet.
Why should they post them at $300 and have 1000 back orders and all those people yelling at them about when they'll get their chip.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
I Boycott you retarded people from posting anything, more about Newegg or Tigerdirect or anything about Conroe or Allendale Sales on any site. Damn you guys are like the Spam of of this Fourm now

jimw428

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
I Boycott you retarded people from posting anything, more about Newegg or Tigerdirect or anything about Conroe or Allendale Sales on any site. Damn you guys are like the Spam of of this Fourm now

Ditto!
Moronic children. :roll:

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
If you want to complain about it, save up your pennies and buy the company... then set the prices at whatever level you choose... you could hook us up with $1 C2D's and $.50 motherboards.

Of course I'm being sarcastic and think you're a tard for suggesting a boycott.

Hicks121

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
Go back under the rock you crawled out from!!

Newegg may not always have the cheapest prices, but they do have the best customer service.

NewEgg has same day\next day shipping (meaning it leaves their warehouse same or next day)
NewEgg won't let you order stuff that they don't have in stock
NewEgg's prices are typically low (they used to be the lowest)
NewEgg doesn't rape you on shipping
NewEgg does a very good job with representing rebates
NewEgg makes rebates available on their website even months after they have expired (in case you need to download, print, and mail)

Don't like their Core 2 Duo prices? Then go get them elsewhere for less. Supply is so limited and demand is so high that raising the price is warranted.

Don't confuse supply and demand with the collusion of gas companies and OPEC.

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
NewEgg has same day\next day shipping (meaning it leaves their warehouse same or next day)
NewEgg won't let you order stuff that they don't have in stock
NewEgg's prices are typically low (they used to be the lowest)
NewEgg doesn't rape you on shipping
NewEgg does a very good job with representing rebates
NewEgg makes rebates available on their website even months after they have expired (in case you need to download, print, and mail)

Don't like their Core 2 Duo prices? Then go get them elsewhere for less. Supply is so limited and demand is so high that raising the price is warranted.

Don't confuse supply and demand with the collusion of gas companies and OPEC.
YEAH BIATCH! You just got TechnologyCoordinatpwned.

ren0nie0

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
gimme a break... newegg is price gouging plain and simple. taking advantage of the goodwill of newegg fan boys. i have of course purchased my c2d elsewhere and all my other components for that matter! i'm just trying to make that point that these perverts are trying being greedy scum and we the consumers should make them aware that it won't be tolerated! Boycott those lousy lice. Join the NewEgg Boycott friends! 8O

flyingmachine

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Price gouging is more reserved for neccessity items like gas and water, you don't really need a conroe. The newegg prices is just good business practice, just let supply and demand run its course, the price will drop sooner or later.

Mex

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
gimme a break... newegg is price gouging plain and simple. taking advantage of the goodwill of newegg fan boys. i have of course purchased my c2d elsewhere and all my other components for that matter! i'm just trying to make that point that these perverts are trying being greedy scum and we the consumers should make them aware that it won't be tolerated! Boycott those lousy lice. Join the NewEgg Boycott friends! 8O
Alright, tell me which you think is worse:
:arrow: Newegg, which sells you the hot item for a little bit more money because it's a "hot" item.
:arrow: TigerDirect, which sells you the product for a slightly lower price, only to tell you after they charge your credit card "By the way, we don't actually have what we just sold you."

You want to know something? If you buy the product at launch, you're almost guaranteed to get ripped off, regardless of the vendor.

ren0nie0

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
well we the consumers have to put an end to business practices like that by boycotting vendors who decide to take advantage of their customers. i'm sure they have lost alot of loyal customers by doing this. maybe in the shortterm they may have made some loot but in the long term they have made alot of people go to other vendors to make their purchases who probably would have bought all their components from them. boycott these rat douches! boycott newegg!

TkdRO

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
I agree with boycotting them off these forums, because of constant Spam and advertising of newegg n tigerdirect.

But i don't agree with your reason why.
CPU Prices change constantly. that's why you always see (prices are subject to change) in just about any CPU/RAM pricing you can find.
Its like kindergarden stuff in the computer industry. Learn!!

killer_roach

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
I have some economics background, so maybe I can shed some light on this.

In any situation, you try to balance the supply against demand through changing the price. If you set the price too high, nobody buys your product, and you're stuck with a lot of inventory on your shelves. If you set the price too low, you run out of inventory, anger customers by having nothing in stock, not to mention lose out on some of your margins as opportunistic customers will resell what they bought for a higher price (X360 launch, anyone?). Newegg's a pretty big company with a rather solid track record; I don't think they set the price where it is because they don't believe that they can sell their entire inventory of their C2D processors at the price they are selling them for. And, to be honest, they're probably right; the E6600 and E6700 are two of the best chips money can buy, even at an inflated price, and they'll still sell at the prices that some of you are complaining about. If you don't like the price, don't buy it until the prices drop or shop somewhere else; it's that simple. Nobody's holding a gun to your head and telling you that you have to buy an E6700 from Newegg and only an E6700 from only Newegg.

ren0nie0

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
well mr. economics... what would happen if a large scale boycott of newegg where to be put in place and they saw a dramatic drop in sales of everything? Boycott the bums!