e6600 ordered yesterday in stock, now backordered

crewxp

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
Sorry about posting another conroe availability thread, really. But I just wanted to let people know that tigerdirect well.... sucks.

I ordered their new e6600 boxed version yesterday, and it said it was in stock. I called and the guy even said that my order would ship today and they had it in stock.

I checked today and it said "Item backordered". I called and the guy said they never even had them in stock.

Just wanted to let people know that had already ordered, to check their ordere status. I already cancelled my order, so I hope it really wasn't in stock now.

Sorry again.

Agelmar

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
Boycott them too! Down with the Egg. Down with Tiger.

Please, enough with the boycott spam. Nobody is going to launch an effective boycott over being able to get an extremely-limited demand item. The boycott posts are just getting really repetative and annoying.

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Ahhhh com'on, we're just screwing around. No one has anything to do on this Fri afternoon, than to sit and wait for their chips, ITS DRIVING PEOPLE CRAZY. They're taking to the streets!

Agelmar

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
Ahhhh com'on, we're just screwing around. No one has anything to do on this Fri afternoon, than to sit and wait for their chips, ITS DRIVING PEOPLE CRAZY. They're taking to the streets!

Actually, my chip came today (or yesterday... whatever, about 12 hours ago).

Unfortunately my order got screwed up. My monitor somehow got routed to Greensboro NC, and so I won't get that until Monday. I can live with the old monitor though... what really pisses me off is the ram.

I ordered 2 packages of the 2GB TWINX Corsair DDR2-800 C4 - Newegg sent me one package of the DDR2-800C4 and one package of the regular DDR2-800 (not the C4, but rather 5-5-5-13). I was really pissed - I wonder if they just thought I wouldn't notice the difference, or what. Anyhow, I called them and they refunded the shipping cost on the monitor ($60), and they are taking the one bad set of ram back. Unfortunately, they're sold out of the 6400C4, as is virtually every other store online. I think I may have to wait until September to get the last 2GB for my system :(

allhell

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
Just CHILL dude!
I have been reliably informed by all intel fanboys that its not a parer launch & there plenty chips out there & that intel is not holding back so the price can be upped to screw you all
& you know the intel fanboys can only speak the truth,,,,so just be patient.

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
I had placed an order with tigerdirect on the 9th for the E6600. Before placing the order, I got on the phone and was speaking to the sales rep about the backorder status. He told me that if I placed an order now, it would be fulfilled on the 11th so I placed the order. On the 1tth I called tigerdirect and the sales rep told me that all supply for the E6600, E6700 and E6800 was sold out and that the EARLIEST they would get another shipment in was around the 25th and that even it was of limited supply so that there was no guarantee that my backorder would be filled then so I told them to cancel my order. Tigerdirect's sales reps, in my experience, were less than honest. Furhtermore, I think that they really have no idea (across the board) exactly what the status of any given item is as you can place multiple calls to them and get a different story form a different rep every time. I've seen, here in the forums, complaints about experiences like this with Tigerdirect quite frequently and, at some point, this kind of rep has to be getting someones attention there.

Amerikaner

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I placed my order for the 6700 yesterday. They said it was in stock (in fact it says in stock right now on the web site). I check today after seeing this thread and its listed as a backorder. I called TD and the guy says theres 17 processors and 12 backorders so I should get one. He says call back monday or tuesday to verify. This didnt make any sense so I called again and the 2nd rep tells me they arent receiving any for 4 weeks. I cancelled the order right then.