IP address in header

RP

I setup a new mx record on my DMZ DNS server and it points
to my new gateway server on the internal network. Mail is
delivered with no problems however I noticed that on
header information of the message it shows the actual IP
address on the internal network not the NAT in the dmz.
Can someone explain how to have the NAT address put into
the header not the real internal address.

Thx
-Rp-

In news:1cb4601c45329$e8d2f340$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Rp <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted their thoughts, then I
offered mine
> I setup a new mx record on my DMZ DNS server and it points
> to my new gateway server on the internal network. Mail is
> delivered with no problems however I noticed that on
> header information of the message it shows the actual IP
> address on the internal network not the NAT in the dmz.
> Can someone explain how to have the NAT address put into
> the header not the real internal address.
>
> Thx
> -Rp-

Kind of confused here. You want a NAT private IP instead of a Real public IP
on the header? Or are you just calling the external WAN IP the NAT IP?

This is somewhat not possible since if I got what you;re saying correct,
that your Exchange (or whatever mail server you have) is on an internal
private NAT IP. It's recommended to usually put a mail server in a DMZ with
a public (real) IP and not a NAT. Otherwise the mail server will send out
from itself and will use the private NAT IP that is in its IP properties.

--
Regards,
Ace

Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.
This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no
rights.

HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a
pig. --
=================================

Ace,
I'm looking at moving the mail gateway to the DMZ after
the migration is complete. I'm trying to keep the
migration simple and complete it first before I redo the
mail topology again. I realize moving the gateway to the
DMZ will then display the proper address from the DMZ in
the header.

Thank you for your reply
-Rp-

In news:1d14e01c453c0$8a20d410$a301280a@phx.gbl,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
posted their thoughts, then I offered mine
> Ace,
> I'm looking at moving the mail gateway to the DMZ after
> the migration is complete. I'm trying to keep the
> migration simple and complete it first before I redo the
> mail topology again. I realize moving the gateway to the
> DMZ will then display the proper address from the DMZ in
> the header.
>
> Thank you for your reply
> -Rp-

You're welcome...