Mods Addiction Problem, also one seriously stressed out El..

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 15, 2005 11:14:27 PM

Argh.

I just spent over an hour downloading and installing yet another
accumulation of "absolutely must have" mods. Now I am trying to decide
whether I should start with a fresh character (because one of the mods is
the Melnibonean race, which seems nice and tasty to play....). But I'm
enjoying my Demon Knight character mod, even if it is a tad over the top for
the rather underfed, stressed out, and dead broke level 2 Elf I'm playing.
So... do I abandon this poor kid and start over? I did after all just add a
nice set of mods.... Or do I see how this Elf is going to develop?

He's still making sarcastic comments to himself about how he is supposed to
have all this baseline talent that means he will be incredibly good at
fighting while wearing full plate armor.... but he is still so skinny that
he can barely manage carrying his firestarter kit, grill, bedroll, some
food, his somewhat beat up silver sword, and a few looted bits of
dinnerware. Plus, HELLO, lets talk about what it means to be Elven. Iron
and Steel weapons, not to mention the armor, could cause just a tad of an
allergic reaction, even if you suspect you might have some human blood in
you. Or something non-elven in your blood anyway. This would not be good,
wearing full plate steel armor, and getting a full body rash from the metal.
Even IF you could pick the damned armor UP, let alone even MOVE while
wearing it. That stuff is HEAVY!!!!!

And like, we're getting really sick and tired of raw mudcrab. NO, RAW
MUDCRAB IS NOT SUSHI!!!! IT DOES NOT TASTE LIKE SUSHI!!! It may be an
improvement on prison food, but not by much. This is supposed to be
adventure? This is supposed to be like it was in all those heroic songs the
bards are so fond of???? Hiking through the mud and rain, from dinky
village to even dinkier village, while you starve to death? Lugging a pack
full of wet bedroll and wet gear? Hoping not to get killed by the next large
vicious attack rat just behind the next rock? And did I mention, grilled
rat still tastes like a dead rat. It does not taste like barbeque, or steak,
or gourmet anything. Yuck.

Cold. Soaking wet, half the time. The damned bedroll is soaking wet and
smells of mildew. Does it ever stop raining here? EVER??? Idiots who want
to send you all over the freakin country, just so you can earn a couple
coins and maybe get an occasional decent meal and a bed INDOORS for a night.
Plus, I think there is a need for a potion of aspirin and maybe a potion of
allergy medicine... all those flowers may be very pretty, but they make you
sneeze.

You know, the other night, trying to sleep, and getting attacked by this
guy... I still don't know how he was able to come out of a dead sleep and
manage to fight him off and kill him... sheer blind luck, I think. Still
shaking from that one. And bleeding. This adventurer's life bites. Yes, I
know there's supposed to be some prophesy about the Nevarine thing or
something, but let me tell you, that prophesy must have come out of Never
Never Land, because if you think that this Elf here is that big hero
mucky-muck Nevarine character... well, nevermind. I won't say what I think
of THAT. We saved one pitiful Khajitt slave, poor thing was going to be
killed, so took her to this safe-house in Ebonheart. Now can't sleep at
night, between killer rats, assassins, and those Something Tong gangs that
are probably going to kill Elf here, just as soon as they find out that the
Khajitt isn't going to be delivered.

BTW: I'm still trying to figure out why after I installed Necessities of
Morrowind, the Bathing Mod seems to no longer require that I MUST GO TAKE A
BATH, or PHEW.... I stink!!! Now I have soap, will travel, but no longer
reek if I procrastinate on scrubbing. But with all this rain, everything in
the pack is getting covered in soap. Even the food. Yuck.

I want my mommy.

--
Starwolf

More about : mods addiction problem stressed

Anonymous
January 16, 2005 12:09:13 AM

Starwolf wrote:
> Argh.
>
> I just spent over an hour downloading and installing yet another
> accumulation of "absolutely must have" mods. Now I am trying to decide
> whether I should start with a fresh character (because one of the mods is
> the Melnibonean race, which seems nice and tasty to play....). But I'm
> enjoying my Demon Knight character mod, even if it is a tad over the top for
> the rather underfed, stressed out, and dead broke level 2 Elf I'm playing.
> So... do I abandon this poor kid and start over? I did after all just add a
> nice set of mods.... Or do I see how this Elf is going to develop?

Why not do both? I often play more than one character at once.
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 12:11:41 AM

Starwolf wrote:

> I want my mommy.

LOL {hug}
January 16, 2005 12:29:35 AM

"ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
> Starwolf wrote:
>> Argh.
>>
>> I just spent over an hour downloading and installing yet another
>> accumulation of "absolutely must have" mods. Now I am trying to decide
>> whether I should start with a fresh character (because one of the mods is
>> the Melnibonean race, which seems nice and tasty to play....). But I'm
>> enjoying my Demon Knight character mod, even if it is a tad over the top
>> for the rather underfed, stressed out, and dead broke level 2 Elf I'm
>> playing. So... do I abandon this poor kid and start over? I did after all
>> just add a nice set of mods.... Or do I see how this Elf is going to
>> develop?
>
> Why not do both? I often play more than one character at once.

Mostly it's just very limited available time for gaming right now, between
the dayjob, spouse, and school. If I play more than one character, I
brain-deadly lose track of who-what-where. So it makes my IRL life easier.
I have savegames from earlier characters, but I get so caught up in the one
I forget the other, and I just hate to leave some poor adventurer stranded
outside an eggmine in putrid weather for months on end, while I send some
other adventurer off discovering that fishing for slaughterfish is not quite
exactly the same thing as fishing for pearlfish....
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 12:42:54 AM

Starwolf wrote:
> "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote

>>Why not do both? I often play more than one character at once.
>

> Mostly it's just very limited available time for gaming right now, between
> the dayjob, spouse, and school.

I see.
January 16, 2005 4:17:59 PM

> Starwolf wrote:
>> "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote
>
>>>Why not do both? I often play more than one character at once.
>>

>> Mostly it's just very limited available time for gaming right now,
>> between the dayjob, spouse, and school.
>
> I see.

Ah well. Who needs school and work, anyway? The Elf-kid is still alive and
struggling and wishing he was safely back home, while my new and extremely
pissed Melnibonean has just stalked off the prison-ship and is now working
on acquiring the resources and equipment he needs to avenge himself.

Meanwhile, my best friend is laughing at me for getting more annoyed about
the weather in Morrowind than about the weather in Cleveland, Ohio.
!