Archived from groups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.dcom.sdh-sonet (More info?)

Hello I would like to have some information on 8B/10B . please coul someone
point out good resources on the web.

Regards

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.dcom.sdh-sonet (More info?)

In article <cb91if$o51$1@newssrv.muc.infineon.com>,
"zanzyinlove" <zanzyinlove@zanzyland.com> wrote:

> Hello I would like to have some information on 8B/10B . please coul someone
> point out good resources on the web.
>
> Regards

There is an *exhaustive* explanation of the 8B/10B coding scheme in
Chapter 12 of my book "Gigabit Ethernet", available at:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201185539/o/qid=903021628/sr=2-1/
002-9365671-3540840

You can also download the original patent covering this code from the US
PTO website:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&
p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=4486739.WKU.&OS=PN/4486739&RS
=PN/4486739

--
Rich Seifert Networks and Communications Consulting
21885 Bear Creek Way

Send replies to: usenet at richseifert dot com

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.dcom.sdh-sonet (More info?)

Hello Zanzy....

> Hello I would like to have some information on 8B/10B . please coul someone
> point out good resources on the web.

Apart from the excellent book by Rich Seifert, that contains
much more intersting information, there is a PDF file on line
on how to implement it:

http://www.actel.com/documents/5192650-0.pdf

And on the IEE site:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/10G_study/public/july99/widmer_1_0799.pdf