question about certain spell effects.

Last response: in Video Games
January 16, 2005 6:02:53 PM

What exactly does turning undead do for me? How about sanctuary?
Also, draining personality and stuff like that....are there any good
sites that have stuff to do with spell effects?

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.

More about : question spell effects

Anonymous
January 16, 2005 6:02:54 PM

> What exactly does turning undead do for me?

From the manual:
"Temporarily increases an undead creature's flee rating (i.e., its
inclination to flee from an attacker). The effect's magnitude is the value
of the increase of the flee rating."

> How about sanctuary?

"Causes the target to be harder to hit. The magnitude is the value that is
added to the target's chance to dodge attacks."

> Also, draining personality and stuff like that....are there any good
> sites that have stuff to do with spell effects?

Most of it is explained in the manual. Of course, there are quite a number
of spells in this game that are essentially useless. I would say that
"Drain Personality" would be one of them. There's almost never a situation
where you'd want to drain the personality of another NPC in the game. On
the other hand, this effect is sometimes (rarely) used against you, which
can affect your ability at speechcraft and mercantile. The only drain
attribute attacks I've seen on a regular basis are the Drain Speed spells
cast by Bonelords. There's also Drain Strength and Drain Endurance cast by
Bonewalkers, but these are far less common, as most of the time Bonewalkers
only appear when they're summoned.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 8:53:41 AM

"Turn Undead" is SUPPOSED to make Undead creatures run away, but it's
actually broken.
!