Userenv Event id 1000

Event 1000
source Userenv
user NT Authority/System

Windows cannot access the registry information at
\\mrf.co.uk\sysvol\mrf.co.uk\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\Machine\registry.pol
with (1240).

event on DC
On SP4

Cannot find anything with this status code (1240).

Have tried a number of other fixes but no joy. The user
Administrator, has no access to sysvol, cannot map network
shares.

Any clues
Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about userenv event 1000

    In news:2b3f01c45840$9d42d2d0$3a01280a@phx.gbl,
    simonj <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted their thoughts, then I
    offered mine
    > Event 1000
    > source Userenv
    > user NT Authority/System
    >
    > Windows cannot access the registry information at

    \\mrf.co.uk\sysvol\mrf.co.uk\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}
    \Machine\registry.pol
    > with (1240).
    >
    > event on DC
    > On SP4
    >
    > Cannot find anything with this status code (1240).
    >
    > Have tried a number of other fixes but no joy. The user
    > Administrator, has no access to sysvol, cannot map network
    > shares.
    >
    > Any clues
    > Thanks

    Just to rule out the basic, are you ONLY using your internal DNS?

    If you have your ISP's DNS listed in IP properties, that will cause this. If
    that's the case, remove the ISP's (from all machines) and configure a
    forwarder for efficient Internet resolution.

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.
    This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no
    rights.

    HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a
    pig. --
    =================================

    Thanks for the reply Ace,

    Yep the DNS is internal only.

    Any further help is appreciated.

    Simonj

    In news:1fb6c01c45861$8ab49920$a101280a@phx.gbl,
    simonj <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted their thoughts, then I
    offered mine
    > Thanks for the reply Ace,
    >
    > Yep the DNS is internal only.
    >
    > Any further help is appreciated.
    >
    > Simonj

    No prob, just wanted to rule that out.

    See if this helps:
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1000&eventno=1109&source=Userenv&phase=1

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.
    This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no
    rights.

    HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a
    pig. --
    =================================

    In news:2b3f01c45840$9d42d2d0$3a01280a@phx.gbl,
    simonj <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted a question
    Then Kevin replied below:
    > Event 1000
    > source Userenv
    > user NT Authority/System
    >
    > Windows cannot access the registry information at

    \\mrf.co.uk\sysvol\mrf.co.uk\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}
    \Machine\registry.pol
    > with (1240).
    >
    > event on DC
    > On SP4
    >
    > Cannot find anything with this status code (1240).
    >
    > Have tried a number of other fixes but no joy. The user
    > Administrator, has no access to sysvol, cannot map network
    > shares.
    >
    > Any clues
    > Thanks

    Is it multihomed?

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

    Hi Kevin

    Thanks for the reply.

    No not multihomed. It's a very simple setup. One domain
    controller, one domain, one NIC.

    We have the NIC adapter at the top of the bindings list
    etc.

    I am unable to find any info on the status code (1240)

    Any clues on this.

    Thanks

    Simon

    your
    >newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your
    issue.
    >To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my
    email.
    > http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
    >Use Outlook Express?... Get OE_Quotefix:
    >It will strip signature out and more
    >Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders with
    >OEBackup:
    >

    >.

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    Thanks Ace,

    I have been through this and tried a number of the
    possible fixes identified. However the status code(1240)
    is not mentioned and none of these have fixed the problem.

    The more I think about this the more I believe there is an
    access control issue here, somehow user Administrator is
    not getting assigned Administrator rights. I have been
    through the privilages and they appear OK

    Thanks

    Simon

Event Id Microsoft Registry Windows