Event ID: 1054
Date: 6/22/2004
Time: 8:19:29 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: WPG-72Y7041
Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your
computer network. (An unexpected network error
occurred. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

A while back we computers in these remote locations were
logging in very slow. After calling MS they told us to
add a registry key under
HKEY\LocalMachine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Ker
beros\Parameters MaxPacketSize = 1.

This sped up the login process but didnt help our policy
issue. I tryed removing this reg edit and still didn't
receive policies & the logon was extremely slow. Could
anyone shed some light on these issues?

You internal computers' NIC DNS properties much ALL
be pointing (solely) to internal, DYNAMIC DNS servers.

Do not try to point them to the ISP or mix them.

--
Herb Martin