thief's quest and cheat code

At Aengoth the Jeweler's first quest, I went to an empty mages guild in Ald'
ruhn.

I supposed fetch "Anareren's Devil Tanto". I opened every single door and
chest but no luck. Strategy guide book says in the chest in right room down
stairs and I found only gold in there.

So I tried to put cheat code Player->additem"Anareren's Devil Tanto",1
It didn't work. It said Anareren's Devil Tanto was not found on line1.
How can I make it work?

Those mages never come back? I miss transportation.
Actually their coming back is more important to me than thief's quest.
Can any one help me?

> At Aengoth the Jeweler's first quest, I went to an empty mages guild in
Ald'
> ruhn.
>
> I supposed fetch "Anareren's Devil Tanto". I opened every single door and
> chest but no luck. Strategy guide book says in the chest in right room
down
> stairs and I found only gold in there.
>
> So I tried to put cheat code Player->additem"Anareren's Devil Tanto",1
> It didn't work. It said Anareren's Devil Tanto was not found on line1.
> How can I make it work?
>
> Those mages never come back? I miss transportation.
> Actually their coming back is more important to me than thief's quest.
> Can any one help me?

You need to use the dagger's ID, not its name. The ID is
"devil_tanto_tgamg". Anyhow, if you want to do it the legit way, you'll
need to have some decent lockpicking skill or spell, or an Ekash's
Locksplitter scroll. (It's lock level 65, so Ondusi's Unhinging won't be
enough.) It's in a small chest on the top of a shelf in an alcove on the
bottom floor of the main room, immediately on your right as you come down
the stairs. I had to jump onto a crate in order to reach it, but then I was
playing a short Breton at the time. She always has problems seeing things
on top of high shelves. The Mage's Guild people come back after you finish
the quest. I hope you didn't kill that guard, though. I think that makes
them mad, but I'm not sure.