epson cx6600

I have a full black cart installed
2 of the color ones are down too low
Is there any way crack, kludge, or hammer that will let me print bLACk
only?

Thanks epson...

tia
3 answers Last reply
More about epson cx6600

    there are a couple of ways:

    1. Get a auto-reset chipset which can "hack" epson's software.
    But you still need to buy expensive cartridge.

    2. Get a continuous ink system with auto-reset chipset:
    http://www.InkRepublic.com

    SLLD wrote:
    > I have a full black cart installed
    > 2 of the color ones are down too low
    > Is there any way crack, kludge, or hammer that will let me print bLACk
    > only?
    >
    > Thanks epson...
    >
    > tia

    Reset the chip on the color carts. Buy a chip resetter.

    SLLD wrote:

    > I have a full black cart installed
    > 2 of the color ones are down too low
    > Is there any way crack, kludge, or hammer that will let me print bLACk
    > only?
    >
    > Thanks epson...
    >
    > tia

    The only way is to have the cartridge chips reset to indicate they are
    full via a chip resetter or via software. If you do so, the cartridges
    will run out of ink and you could have a dried or air locked head to
    deal with.

    You could refill the cartridges not in use with ink head cleaner or some
    similar liquid to keep things wet and flowing

    Art

    SLLD wrote:

    > I have a full black cart installed
    > 2 of the color ones are down too low
    > Is there any way crack, kludge, or hammer that will let me print bLACk
    > only?
    >
    > Thanks epson...
    >
    > tia

Printers Epson Peripherals