Testing ethernet protocol

Hi,
I have couple of doubts about vaildating an ethernet product :

a) If i have an gigabit ethernet product, what testers can i rent/buy
to validate the product.

b) Is there any body that does this validation ? If yes, what is the
typical testing fees they charge ?

Any help is greatly appreciated .

Thanks
spandey

In article <f1695b53.0406251304.53ffea0a@posting.google.com>,
spandey <spandey_1@yahoo.com> wrote:
:I have couple of doubts about vaildating an ethernet product :

:a) If i have an gigabit ethernet product, what testers can i rent/buy
:to validate the product.

At some levels, at least, Fluke.
--
Rome was built one paycheck at a time. -- Walter Roberson

In article <f1695b53.0406251304.53ffea0a@posting.google.com>, spandey_1
@yahoo.com says...
> Hi,
> I have couple of doubts about vaildating an ethernet product :
> a) If i have an gigabit ethernet product, what testers can i rent/buy
> to validate the product.
> b) Is there any body that does this validation ? If yes, what is the
> typical testing fees they charge ?
> Any help is greatly appreciated .

Testing for throughput? Testing for 802.blah compliance? You would
need something like Smartbit (Spirent) and Fluke meters. The former for
throughput testing and the latter for checking for errors etc.

--

hsb