Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Source Netlogon, Type Warning, Event ID 5781

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 10:55:44 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

Description: Dynamic registration or deregistration of one
or more DNS records failed because no DNS server are
available.

I have this warning on server 2000 event viewer. any input
to correct this issue please.

Thanks
Imtiaz Kiani
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 2:10:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

In news:20e4b01c459f2$f17ee740$a101280a@phx.gbl,
ikiani@msn.com <ikiani@msn.com> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Description: Dynamic registration or deregistration of one
> or more DNS records failed because no DNS server are
> available.

Post your ipconfig /all



--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
============================
--
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my email.
==========================================
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
==========================================
Use Outlook Express?... Get OE_Quotefix:
It will strip signature out and more
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
==========================================
Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders with
OEBackup:
http://www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/Default.aspx
==========================================
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 2:10:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

Windows 2000 IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : ch02202
Primary DNS Suffix . . . . . . . : CHC022
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : CHC022

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : IBM 10/100
Ethernet Server Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-55-AA-8D-
A6
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.22.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.22.33
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 209.5.112.33
192.168.22.2
209.5.112.34

>-----Original Message-----
>In news:20e4b01c459f2$f17ee740$a101280a@phx.gbl,
>ikiani@msn.com <ikiani@msn.com> posted a question
>Then Kevin replied below:
>> Description: Dynamic registration or deregistration of
one
>> or more DNS records failed because no DNS server are
>> available.
>
>Post your ipconfig /all
>
>
>
>--
>Best regards,
>Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
>Hope This Helps
>============================
>--
>When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
your
>newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your
issue.
>To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my
email.
>==========================================
> http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
>==========================================
>Use Outlook Express?... Get OE_Quotefix:
>It will strip signature out and more
> http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
>==========================================
>Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders with
>OEBackup:
> http://www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/Default.aspx
>==========================================
>
>
>.
>
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 3:08:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

In news:20c8c01c45a00$4d90eda0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:

Thanks for posting the ipconfig /all I see that you have at least two
serious problems.
Problem 1. Your Primary DNS suffix is a single-label name, if this is the
actual name of your AD domain, this won't even begin to work until you make
registry entries on your DC _and_ _all_ running Win2kSP4, WinXP or Win2k3.
I'll post the KB For this below. Even after you make the registry entries,
your AD domain may not apply Group Policies properly because your domain
name _will_ _not_ resolve in DNS. Your Domain must resolve so the SYSVOL DFS
share is accessible at \\CHC022\SYSVOL\ If you click on this link and you
get an error you have the problem and there is no easy fix for it.

Possible problem 2. If the Primary DNS suffix is not the same as your AD
domain name in ADU&C, e.g. I can se you Primary DNS suffix is CHC022 but if
you AD Domain name in ADU&C is CHC022.com, .net, or .something-else, then
this is a disjointed namespace which there is a fix for. That KB will be
posted below, too.

Problem 3. The most common mistake is the use of your ISP's DNS in TCP/IP
properties, this is a definite problem. _Never_ use your ISP's DNS in _any_
_position_ on _any_ member of an Active Directory domain.

Problem 1.
300684 - Information About Configuring Windows 2000 for Domains with
Single-Label DNS Names
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300684

826743 - Clients cannot dynamically register DNS records in a single-label
forward lookup zone: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=826743

Possible Problem 2.
257623 Domain Controller's Domain Name System Suffix Does Not Match Domain
Name
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=257623

Problem 3.
300202 - HOW TO: Configure DNS for Internet Access in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300202&FR=1

825036 - Best practices for DNS client settings in Windows 2000 Server and
in Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825036


> Windows 2000 IP Configuration
>
> Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : ch02202
> Primary DNS Suffix . . . . . . . : CHC022
> Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
> IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
> WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
> DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : CHC022
>
> Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
>
> Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
> Description . . . . . . . . . . . : IBM 10/100
> Ethernet Server Adapter
> Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-55-AA-8D-
> A6
> DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
> IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.22.2
> Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
> Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.22.33
> DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 209.5.112.33
> 192.168.22.2
> 209.5.112.34



--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
============================
--
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my email.
==========================================
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
==========================================
Use Outlook Express?... Get OE_Quotefix:
It will strip signature out and more
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
==========================================
Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders with
OEBackup:
http://www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/Default.aspx
==========================================
!