The question about two AD-integrated DNS servers.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 24, 2004 10:57:02 AM

Can anybody help me?
We have a domain with two DCs.
Both of the DCs have AD-integrated DNS zones installed (for fault tolerancey).
I think that there are no problems with replication between the DCs because:
1. There are no errors in the logs;
2. If I create or delete an object on one DC - the same objects appears or disappears on the other DC;
3. If I click "Replicate now" in AD Sites & Services snap-in - everything is OK

But there is one problem: For example after reboot of both DCs, the SOA on both of them is the same (5370 for example) and some time later (about 2-3 hours) the SOA on the first DC is already 5408 and the SOA on the second DC still has the value 5370. If I restart services DNS and NETLOGON, then this SOA also becomes 5408. And there are no errors in the DNS Server log except this two warnings:
Event ID 3000 (sometimes) and Event ID 9999 (every 2-3 hours).

Can anybody say me if it is a problem, or I can ignore this behaviour?

Thanks a lot!
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 2:14:11 PM

In news:F3337408-2A66-4497-9B61-575266AD9DF1@microsoft.com,
Denis Kosov <DenisKosov@discussions.microsoft.com> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Can anybody help me?
> We have a domain with two DCs.
> Both of the DCs have AD-integrated DNS zones installed (for fault
> tolerancey).
> I think that there are no problems with replication between the DCs
> because:
> 1. There are no errors in the logs;
> 2. If I create or delete an object on one DC - the same objects
> appears or disappears on the other DC;
> 3. If I click "Replicate now" in AD Sites & Services snap-in -
> everything is OK
>
> But there is one problem: For example after reboot of both DCs, the
> SOA on both of them is the same (5370 for example) and some time
> later (about 2-3 hours) the SOA on the first DC is already 5408 and
> the SOA on the second DC still has the value 5370. If I restart
> services DNS and NETLOGON, then this SOA also becomes 5408. And there
> are no errors in the DNS Server log except this two warnings:
> Event ID 3000 (sometimes) and Event ID 9999 (every 2-3 hours).
>
> Can anybody say me if it is a problem, or I can ignore this behaviour?
>
> Thanks a lot!

Verify that the server getting the 3000 and 9999 events does _not_ have a
Secondary forward lookup zone.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

It has Secondary forward lookup zone. And the second DC also has.
The point is that besides this domain(external domain for the Internet access (ISA Server 2000 SP2 FP1) and mail purposes(MS Exchange 2000 SP3)) with two DCs we have another (internal) domain for internal purposes. And Secondary forward lookup zone in external domain points out the AD-integrated zone in the internal domain. In the internal domain we also has the similar structure of DNS zones:
there are three DCs with AD-integrated primary DNS zones and with Secondary forward lookup zones pointing out the AD-integrated zone in the external domain.
And some more info...

Tonight I carried out the experiment. I manually created the Host (A) record on the DC which normaly increments its SOA. This Host did not immediately appear at the other DC and this host did not appear after an hour, but today morning it does. And SOA numbers are not equal, but both of them were incremented. So I can only guess that changes in the AD-integrated zone (which is inside AD database!!!) transfers from one DC to another with a big time out. I suppose it's not very good.
May be this behaviour caused by heavy load of the DCs? Want do you think about it?
Thank you very much for your answer.

"Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" wrote:

> In news:F3337408-2A66-4497-9B61-575266AD9DF1@microsoft.com,
> Denis Kosov <DenisKosov@discussions.microsoft.com> posted a question
> Then Kevin replied below:
> > Can anybody help me?
> > We have a domain with two DCs.
> > Both of the DCs have AD-integrated DNS zones installed (for fault
> > tolerancey).
> > I think that there are no problems with replication between the DCs
> > because:
> > 1. There are no errors in the logs;
> > 2. If I create or delete an object on one DC - the same objects
> > appears or disappears on the other DC;
> > 3. If I click "Replicate now" in AD Sites & Services snap-in -
> > everything is OK
> >
> > But there is one problem: For example after reboot of both DCs, the
> > SOA on both of them is the same (5370 for example) and some time
> > later (about 2-3 hours) the SOA on the first DC is already 5408 and
> > the SOA on the second DC still has the value 5370. If I restart
> > services DNS and NETLOGON, then this SOA also becomes 5408. And there
> > are no errors in the DNS Server log except this two warnings:
> > Event ID 3000 (sometimes) and Event ID 9999 (every 2-3 hours).
> >
> > Can anybody say me if it is a problem, or I can ignore this behaviour?
> >
> > Thanks a lot!
>
> Verify that the server getting the 3000 and 9999 events does _not_ have a
> Secondary forward lookup zone.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
> Hope This Helps
> ============================
> --
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
> newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
> To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my email.
> http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
> It will strip signature out and more
> Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders with
> OEBackup:

June 25, 2004 6:39:57 PM

In news:BC19929F-B281-4B90-A7D9-877E7EBD0F46@microsoft.com,
Denis Kosov <DenisKosov@discussions.microsoft.com> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> It has Secondary forward lookup zone. And the second DC also has.
> The point is that besides this domain(external domain for the
> Internet access (ISA Server 2000 SP2 FP1) and mail purposes(MS
> Exchange 2000 SP3)) with two DCs we have another (internal) domain
> for internal purposes. And Secondary forward lookup zone in external
> domain points out the AD-integrated zone in the internal domain. In
> the internal domain we also has the similar structure of DNS zones:
> there are three DCs with AD-integrated primary DNS zones and with
> Secondary forward lookup zones pointing out the AD-integrated zone in
> the external domain.
> And some more info...

It is this secondary zone causing the 3000 and 9999 events, you can ignore
these.

> Tonight I carried out the experiment. I manually created the Host (A)
> record on the DC which normaly increments its SOA. This Host did not
> immediately appear at the other DC and this host did not appear after
> an hour, but today morning it does. And SOA numbers are not equal,
> but both of them were incremented. So I can only guess that changes
> in the AD-integrated zone (which is inside AD database!!!) transfers
> from one DC to another with a big time out. I suppose it's not very
> good.

Usually this should not take more then an hour, it really depends on the
replication settings, you can force replication in AD Sites & Services
As for the zone serial AD does not use the zone serial, it may or may not
increment and it may not increment on all DCs.

> May be this behaviour caused by heavy load of the DCs?

Could be, you may have replication problems run dcdiag /v from DCs to see if
replication attempts are failing.

> Want do you think about it?
> Thank you very much for your answer.
The replication sounds kind of slow if what you say is true, it could be in
the replication schedule, you might check it.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
============================
newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my email.
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
It will strip signature out and more
OEBackup:
June 25, 2004 10:08:43 PM

In news:ufOk1wuWEHA.2816@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP] <admin@nospam.WFTX.US> posted their thoughts,
then I offered mine
> In news:BC19929F-B281-4B90-A7D9-877E7EBD0F46@microsoft.com,
> Denis Kosov <DenisKosov@discussions.microsoft.com> posted a question
> Then Kevin replied below:
>> It has Secondary forward lookup zone. And the second DC also has.
>> The point is that besides this domain(external domain for the
>> Internet access (ISA Server 2000 SP2 FP1) and mail purposes(MS
>> Exchange 2000 SP3)) with two DCs we have another (internal) domain
>> for internal purposes. And Secondary forward lookup zone in external
>> domain points out the AD-integrated zone in the internal domain. In
>> the internal domain we also has the similar structure of DNS zones:
>> there are three DCs with AD-integrated primary DNS zones and with
>> Secondary forward lookup zones pointing out the AD-integrated zone in
>> the external domain.
>> And some more info...
>
> It is this secondary zone causing the 3000 and 9999 events, you can
> ignore these.
>

>> Tonight I carried out the experiment. I manually created the Host (A)
>> record on the DC which normaly increments its SOA. This Host did not
>> immediately appear at the other DC and this host did not appear after
>> an hour, but today morning it does. And SOA numbers are not equal,
>> but both of them were incremented. So I can only guess that changes
>> in the AD-integrated zone (which is inside AD database!!!) transfers
>> from one DC to another with a big time out. I suppose it's not very
>> good.
>
> Usually this should not take more then an hour, it really depends on
> the replication settings, you can force replication in AD Sites &
> Services
> As for the zone serial AD does not use the zone serial, it may or may
> not increment and it may not increment on all DCs.
>
>> May be this behaviour caused by heavy load of the DCs?
>
> Could be, you may have replication problems run dcdiag /v from DCs to
> see if replication attempts are failing.
>
>> Want do you think about it?
>> Thank you very much for your answer.
> The replication sounds kind of slow if what you say is true, it could
> be in the replication schedule, you might check it.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
> Hope This Helps
> ============================

Just to point out, if the two DCs are in the same site, then the there is no
'schedule' per say. It follows the min 5 max 15 minute rule. So within 15
minutes max for two DCs in the same site is the rule it should follow (and
in this case the same domain since we're talking about domain specific
objects such as users, groups, computers and DNS integrated zones) .

If there were mutliple sites, then I can see why there's a replication lag,
unless the ADUC console isn't being manually refreshed since the console
will NOT refresh on its own unless you manually hit the F5 key, choose
refresh or close and re-open it.

--
Regards,
Ace

Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.
This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no
rights.

HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a
pig. --
=================================
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 3:22:01 AM

Thank you Kevin and Ace.
Your information was helpfull for me.
dcdiag /v was successfull from both of the DCs.
Both DCs are in the one site.
Of course I refreshed snap-ins.
I think that I can safely ignore these events.

"Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" wrote:

> In news:BC19929F-B281-4B90-A7D9-877E7EBD0F46@microsoft.com,
> Denis Kosov <DenisKosov@discussions.microsoft.com> posted a question
> Then Kevin replied below:
> > It has Secondary forward lookup zone. And the second DC also has.
> > The point is that besides this domain(external domain for the
> > Internet access (ISA Server 2000 SP2 FP1) and mail purposes(MS
> > Exchange 2000 SP3)) with two DCs we have another (internal) domain
> > for internal purposes. And Secondary forward lookup zone in external
> > domain points out the AD-integrated zone in the internal domain. In
> > the internal domain we also has the similar structure of DNS zones:
> > there are three DCs with AD-integrated primary DNS zones and with
> > Secondary forward lookup zones pointing out the AD-integrated zone in
> > the external domain.
> > And some more info...
>
> It is this secondary zone causing the 3000 and 9999 events, you can ignore
> these.
>

> > Tonight I carried out the experiment. I manually created the Host (A)
> > record on the DC which normaly increments its SOA. This Host did not
> > immediately appear at the other DC and this host did not appear after
> > an hour, but today morning it does. And SOA numbers are not equal,
> > but both of them were incremented. So I can only guess that changes
> > in the AD-integrated zone (which is inside AD database!!!) transfers
> > from one DC to another with a big time out. I suppose it's not very
> > good.
>
> Usually this should not take more then an hour, it really depends on the
> replication settings, you can force replication in AD Sites & Services
> As for the zone serial AD does not use the zone serial, it may or may not
> increment and it may not increment on all DCs.
>
> > May be this behaviour caused by heavy load of the DCs?
>
> Could be, you may have replication problems run dcdiag /v from DCs to see if
> replication attempts are failing.
>
> > Want do you think about it?
> > Thank you very much for your answer.
> The replication sounds kind of slow if what you say is true, it could be in
> the replication schedule, you might check it.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
> Hope This Helps
> ============================
> --
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
> newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
> To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my email.
> http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
> It will strip signature out and more
> Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders with
> OEBackup:

June 28, 2004 11:04:48 AM

In news:AE9F7182-2C59-4A43-AF88-C7517CC63E01@microsoft.com,
Denis Kosov <DenisKosov@discussions.microsoft.com> posted their thoughts,
then I offered mine
> Thank you Kevin and Ace.
> Your information was helpfull for me.
> dcdiag /v was successfull from both of the DCs.
> Both DCs are in the one site.
> Of course I refreshed snap-ins.
> I think that I can safely ignore these events.

I think you can too. FYI, as for the serial number behavior, here's a link
explaining that:

282826 - Active Directory-Integrated DNS Zone Serial Number Behavior:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=282826

also:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=3000&eventno...
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=9999&eventno...

--
Regards,
Ace

Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.
This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no
rights.

HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a
pig. --
=================================
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 11:30:01 AM

Thanks a lot, Ace.

"Ace Fekay [MVP]" wrote:

> In news:AE9F7182-2C59-4A43-AF88-C7517CC63E01@microsoft.com,
> Denis Kosov <DenisKosov@discussions.microsoft.com> posted their thoughts,
> then I offered mine
> > Thank you Kevin and Ace.
> > Your information was helpfull for me.
> > dcdiag /v was successfull from both of the DCs.
> > Both DCs are in the one site.
> > Of course I refreshed snap-ins.
> > I think that I can safely ignore these events.
> >

> I think you can too. FYI, as for the serial number behavior, here's a link
> explaining that:
>
> 282826 - Active Directory-Integrated DNS Zone Serial Number Behavior:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=282826
>
> also:
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=3000&eventno...
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=9999&eventno...
>

> --
> Regards,
> Ace
>
> Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.
> This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no
> rights.
>
> Ace Fekay, MCSE 2000, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCT, MVP
> Microsoft Windows MVP - Active Directory
>
> HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a
> pig. --
> =================================

Anonymous
June 28, 2004 11:34:02 AM

Thanks a lot, Ace.
I turned on logging of all events on both DNS servers.
May be I'll find out something...

"Ace Fekay [MVP]" wrote:

> In news:AE9F7182-2C59-4A43-AF88-C7517CC63E01@microsoft.com,
> Denis Kosov <DenisKosov@discussions.microsoft.com> posted their thoughts,
> then I offered mine
> > Thank you Kevin and Ace.
> > Your information was helpfull for me.
> > dcdiag /v was successfull from both of the DCs.
> > Both DCs are in the one site.
> > Of course I refreshed snap-ins.
> > I think that I can safely ignore these events.
> >

> I think you can too. FYI, as for the serial number behavior, here's a link
> explaining that:
>
> 282826 - Active Directory-Integrated DNS Zone Serial Number Behavior:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=282826
>
> also:
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=3000&eventno...
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=9999&eventno...
>

> --
> Regards,
> Ace
>
> Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.
> This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no
> rights.
>
> Ace Fekay, MCSE 2000, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCT, MVP
> Microsoft Windows MVP - Active Directory
>
> HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a
> pig. --
> =================================

Anonymous
June 28, 2004 12:42:01 PM

Ace, Kevin or somebody else!
I have one more question about DNS:
The question is about my "internal" domain. I described my structure of two domains("internal" and "external") in previous posts.
There are also no poblems with replication (dcdiag /v is successfull, and other tests as well) and there are no problems with serial numbers of integrated zones (SOA records). There are no warnings at all. But every day on both of the DCs(Windows Server 2003) the following error records:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DNS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 6702
Date: 27.06.2004
Time: 21:07:15
User: N/A
Computer: MSK-SRV-01
DNS server has updated its own host (A) records. In order to ensure that its DS-integrated peer DNS servers are able to replicate with this server, an attempt was made to update them with the new records through dynamic update. An error was encountered during this update, the record data is the error code.

If this DNS server does not have any DS-integrated peers, then this error
should be ignored.

If this DNS server's Active Directory replication partners do not have the correct IP address(es) for this server, they will be unable to replicate with it.

To ensure proper replication:
1) Find this server's Active Directory replication partners that run the DNS server.
2) Open DnsManager and connect in turn to each of the replication partners.
3) On each server, check the host (A record) registration for THIS server.
4) Delete any A records that do NOT correspond to IP addresses of this server.
5) If there are no A records for this server, add at least one A record corresponding to an address on this server, that the replication partner can contact. (In other words, if there multiple IP addresses for this DNS server, add at least one that is on the same network as the Active Directory DNS server you are updating.)
6) Note, that is not necessary to update EVERY replication partner. It is only necessary that the records are fixed up on enough replication partners so that every server that replicates with this server will receive (through replication) the new data.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 7c 26 00 00 |&..

My "internal" domain has a single-lable name! And something about 6 months ago I found out information in the KB about problems with dynamic registration in single-lable domains (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300684).
I applied all necessary changes with the help of Group Policy using the following script:

On Error Resume Next
Set Sh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Sh.RegWrite "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters\AllowSingleLabelDnsDomain", 1, "REG_DWORD"
Sh.RegWrite "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DnsCache\Parameters\UpdateTopLevelDomainZones", 1, "REG_DWORD"

I have no problems with registration of client computers (also because I'm using DHCP, which registers computers in DNS itself).
But I can not understand the nature of Event ID 6702.
Of course I checked out that two necessary registry values are set on both of my DCs, besides them (they were applied automaticaly through Group Policy) I created another one key manually on both of them:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\DNSClient
because For Windows Server 2003, the UpdateTopLevelDomainZones value has moved here (as described in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300684).
May be I must delete the UpdateTopLevelDomainZones value from the old location(HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DnsCache\Parameters\UpdateTopLevelDomainZones)? I did not do that. Or may be I should also try to use method 2 described in this article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826743 ?

What do you think about this error?
Thank you again!

"Ace Fekay [MVP]" wrote:

> In news:AE9F7182-2C59-4A43-AF88-C7517CC63E01@microsoft.com,
> Denis Kosov <DenisKosov@discussions.microsoft.com> posted their thoughts,
> then I offered mine
> > Thank you Kevin and Ace.
> > Your information was helpfull for me.
> > dcdiag /v was successfull from both of the DCs.
> > Both DCs are in the one site.
> > Of course I refreshed snap-ins.
> > I think that I can safely ignore these events.
> >

> I think you can too. FYI, as for the serial number behavior, here's a link
> explaining that:
>
> 282826 - Active Directory-Integrated DNS Zone Serial Number Behavior:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=282826
>
> also:
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=3000&eventno...
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=9999&eventno...
>

> --
> Regards,
> Ace
>
> Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.
> This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no
> rights.
>
> Ace Fekay, MCSE 2000, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCT, MVP
> Microsoft Windows MVP - Active Directory
>
> HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a
> pig. --
> =================================

Anonymous
June 28, 2004 3:20:24 PM

In news:BBDC7050-BBD5-455F-86DB-9ABFA6CF2826@microsoft.com,
Denis Kosov <DenisKosov@discussions.microsoft.com> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Ace, Kevin or somebody else!
> I have one more question about DNS:
> The question is about my "internal" domain. I described my structure
> of two domains("internal" and "external") in previous posts.
> There are also no poblems with replication (dcdiag /v is successfull,
> and other tests as well) and there are no problems with serial
> numbers of integrated zones (SOA records). There are no warnings at
> all. But every day on both of the DCs(Windows Server 2003) the
> following error records:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: DNS
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 6702
> Date: 27.06.2004
> Time: 21:07:15
> User: N/A
> Computer: MSK-SRV-01

Here is a link that may help you with this one.
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=6702&eventno...

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
============================
newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my email.
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
It will strip signature out and more
OEBackup:
June 30, 2004 10:28:03 AM

Thank you.
I have Windows Server 2003, but not Windows 2000 Server (sorry for posting in the newsgroup Windows 2000 DNS). There are 4 comments:
1. About two NICs in a machine - But I have one NIC.
2. About unchecking the "Register this connection's addresses in DNS" checkbox - I unchecked this checkbox and now the command "ipconfig /registerdns" does not cause the error 6702. So I think, that no everything be OK. Thank you for your post again!
3. About "root hints" - But I have no problem with them - There are only default standard servers.
4. About the Netlogon refresh interval - but there is no such a key value In Windows Server 2003.

"Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" wrote:

> In news:BBDC7050-BBD5-455F-86DB-9ABFA6CF2826@microsoft.com,
> Denis Kosov <DenisKosov@discussions.microsoft.com> posted a question
> Then Kevin replied below:
> > Ace, Kevin or somebody else!
> > I have one more question about DNS:
> > The question is about my "internal" domain. I described my structure
> > of two domains("internal" and "external") in previous posts.
> > There are also no poblems with replication (dcdiag /v is successfull,
> > and other tests as well) and there are no problems with serial
> > numbers of integrated zones (SOA records). There are no warnings at
> > all. But every day on both of the DCs(Windows Server 2003) the
> > following error records:
> >
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: DNS
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 6702
> > Date: 27.06.2004
> > Time: 21:07:15
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: MSK-SRV-01
>
> Here is a link that may help you with this one.
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=6702&eventno...
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
> Hope This Helps
> ============================
> --
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
> newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
> To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my email.
> http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
> It will strip signature out and more
> Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders with
> OEBackup:

July 1, 2004 3:48:51 AM

In news:F5BDE526-1DF6-4641-BEC9-A2010E94CF0D@microsoft.com,
Denis Kosov in <DenisKosov@discussions.microsoft.com> posted their thoughts,
then I offered mine

> 4. About the Netlogon refresh interval - but there is no such a key
> value In Windows Server 2003.

The default I believe was changed to 24 hours in Win2k3.

This is for W2k:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265395

But you can try to add that key in W2k3. The worst that can happen is that
it doen;t work and you can remove it.

--
Regards,
Ace

Please direct all replies ONLY to the Microsoft public newsgroup so all

!