Same print head, different resolution on Pixma line

There are all sorts of ways resolution can be increased with inkjet
printers. Having the head overprint on the same line, or changing the
dot release pattern, changing the speed the carriage moves at, changing
the stepper motor increment, etc.

A better question is, does any of it matter other than on the spec sheet?

By sacrificing speed of the output, one can lay down more dots. The
print head itself is just a delivery system for the ink. Firmware,
driver, and other associated hardware can be used to alter the
resolution that is resulting. But does it look any better?

I think people will benefit when we stop counting ink colors and dots
and dot sizes and start opening our eyes and look at the results.

Art