Aging/Scavenging

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a win2k3 AD Integrated DNS using secure updates. I have a number of
old entries in DNS and would like to turn on aging/scavenging, but when I
try (set to 7/7) I get an error "The data on the primary zone failed to set.
The property is invalid". I am not seeing any errors in the event logs and
dcdiag comes back clean. Any ideas?

In news:uexD3jvWEHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Eric <egeist@nfa.nospam.futures.org> posted their thoughts, then I offered
mine
> I have a win2k3 AD Integrated DNS using secure updates. I have a
> number of old entries in DNS and would like to turn on
> aging/scavenging, but when I try (set to 7/7) I get an error "The
> data on the primary zone failed to set. The property is invalid". I
> am not seeing any errors in the event logs and dcdiag comes back
> clean. Any ideas?

See if these help:

296116 - HOW TO Configure the Windows 2000 Domain Name System to Age
Records:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=296116

301644 - DNS Server Forced Scavenge Does Not Immediately Start Zone
Scavenging:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B301644

306780 - DHCP Does Not Delete DDNS PTR Record for Expired Leases:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306780&Product=win2000

How to use DNS aging and scavenging:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/advanced/help/default.asp?url=/windows2000/en/advanced/help/sag_DNS_pro_ConfigAgingScavengingNode.htm

--
Regards,
Ace

Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.
This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no
rights.

HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a
pig. --

TRENDING THREADS