DNS

I have migrated a Server NT to W2k....just change the
name ..the server continue with the same IP address.

When I ping to previuos name it continue reply...

Is there a Problem with DNS dinamic Update????

Thanks

-Alberto

In news:2304301c45df0$113ef790$a501280a@phx.gbl,
Alberto in <alberto.pena@mx.earthtech.com> posted their thoughts, then I
offered mine
> I have migrated a Server NT to W2k....just change the
> name ..the server continue with the same IP address.
>
> When I ping to previuos name it continue reply...
>
> Is there a Problem with DNS dinamic Update????
>
> Thanks
>
> -Alberto

Need more information about what you did and what you have.

What name did you change? Domain name? Hostname?
Was this an NT4 to Wk2 AD upgrade?
Did you set the domain name in TCPIP properties in NT4 prior to the upgrade?
DId you choose a proper domain name in the form of domain.com instead of
just "DOMAIN" for the AD domain name?
Are dynamic updates enabled on the zone properties?
Are you ONLY using your internal DNS? You cannot use your ISP's anymore.
Can we see an ipconfig /all from the server?

--
Regards,
Ace

Please direct all replies ONLY to the Microsoft public newsgroup so all
can benefit. This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and
confers no rights.

HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a
pig. --

TRENDING THREADS