Sign in with
Your question

Detect windows 7 correct printer port

Last response: in Windows 7
November 12, 2009 3:24:58 PM

I am using an HP photosmart 1215 printer w/ HP 7200C driver. Printer is not printing. It was when I first installed it but not from internet. So, I started to fooll with it and it quit. Might be the incorrect port because I changed port to USB port the changed it back to LPT! printer port. Now it won't print at all.
a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2009 5:14:01 PM

HP doesn't have drivers for that model past XP, using unsupported drivers is a hit and miss affair.
This isn't a Windows 7 problem, but a HP one.
m
l
November 30, 2009 11:31:40 PM

Actually its a windows problem. Because, they dont make their OS to work with whats already out there. Try to roll back the driver to the version that it was working on. If not then uninstall driver and plug the printer back in so maybe it will reinstall the one that worked for you the first time.
Good Luck
m
l
Related resources
a c 215 $ Windows 7
December 1, 2009 12:21:33 PM

pathasse said:
Actually its a windows problem. Because, they dont make their OS to work with whats already out there. Try to roll back the driver to the version that it was working on. If not then uninstall driver and plug the printer back in so maybe it will reinstall the one that worked for you the first time.
Good Luck

Jonmor is right. This is an HP problem. Microsoft does it's best to make their products as backwards compatible as possible, but ultimately it is the responsibility of the OEM, not Microsoft, to write proper, stable drivers for their own hardware.
m
l
December 1, 2009 2:39:58 PM

I will always blame Windows. You can try similar drivers that are supported for windows 7. Search for different models that are almost the same as your printer.
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
December 1, 2009 2:48:06 PM

I must say, stated the way you just did, that is a rather short-sighted view...
m
l
December 1, 2009 2:56:02 PM

Well if it works in xp or vista why not carry it throughout the rest of the Operating Systems
m
l
December 27, 2009 3:08:01 PM

HP has new drivers out, I updated about a week ago. My 9 year old HP 610CL was supported in win 7 prior to the new driver relese.
m
l
!