Please help..... Can't change internet settings

Everytime i go to install People PC it goes underneath the heading of direct
connection not dial up. The computer will not let me change the settings and
I keep getting the Windows Installer popping up trying to install Cadopia
Intellicad 4 a drafting program I deleted from the computer a year ago. I
then get a Error message, number 1706. I've tried everything I know to
correct this stuff but nothing works. Can anyone out there please help me,
this is getting very frustrating.
1 answer Last reply
More about please help change internet settings

    Do yourself a very big favor and do not install anything from the People PC
    installation disk. Set up your connection manually, using the Internet
    Connection Wizard, the dialup number for People PC and your People PC
    username and password. Call tech support at People PC to help you if you
    feel you can not manage it on your own. I repeat, do not use the People PC
    install CD. You will be sorry if you do.

    "rislab@hotmail.com" <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:A6D2255B-73E5-4E1B-8B3A-36138B3BBB11@microsoft.com...
    > Everytime i go to install People PC it goes underneath the heading of
    direct
    > connection not dial up. The computer will not let me change the settings
    and
    > I keep getting the Windows Installer popping up trying to install Cadopia
    > Intellicad 4 a drafting program I deleted from the computer a year ago. I
    > then get a Error message, number 1706. I've tried everything I know to
    > correct this stuff but nothing works. Can anyone out there please help
    me,
    > this is getting very frustrating.

Computers Dial Up Connection Internet Windows XP