AD DNS does not resolve some websites

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 1, 2004 6:44:28 PM

Hi all

Just after upgrading from Windows2000 to windows2003 I have noticed that
some web sites are not accessible anymore (page not found), all work if the
clinet do not use
the AD DNSs.

any known issue?

More about : dns resolve websites

Anonymous
July 1, 2004 11:55:56 PM

In news:%23zL3WS7XEHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
eric romero <e.romero@cgnet.com> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Hi all
>
> Just after upgrading from Windows2000 to windows2003 I have noticed
> that some web sites are not accessible anymore (page not found), all
> work if the clinet do not use
> the AD DNSs.
>
> any known issue?

Yes, if you have a PIX firewall.

828731 - An External DNS Query May Cause an Error Message in Windows Server
2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828731

--
Best regards,