AD DNS does not resolve some websites

Hi all

Just after upgrading from Windows2000 to windows2003 I have noticed that
some web sites are not accessible anymore (page not found), all work if the
clinet do not use
the AD DNSs.

any known issue?
1 answer Last reply
More about resolve websites

    In news:%23zL3WS7XEHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    eric romero <e.romero@cgnet.com> posted a question
    Then Kevin replied below:
    > Hi all
    >
    > Just after upgrading from Windows2000 to windows2003 I have noticed
    > that some web sites are not accessible anymore (page not found), all
    > work if the clinet do not use
    > the AD DNSs.
    >
    > any known issue?

    Yes, if you have a PIX firewall.

    828731 - An External DNS Query May Cause an Error Message in Windows Server
    2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828731

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

Windows Server 2003 Microsoft DNS Windows